This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby Josh » Aug 28, 2010 11:34 am

Bryce can act, but she aint right for the part.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 28, 2010 11:39 am

Bryce has been playing some pretty mean roles. When Live With It comes out go and see it. She is so mean. I think she could make a good LOGK! ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Trufflehunter » Aug 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Bryce could actually be good! I just don't want people to think that Narnia is in any way similar to Twilight. The two should not be associated with one another!
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cymru » Aug 30, 2010 9:17 am

Well, she's in plenty of other films (and has bigger roles in them!) so I doubt that would happen. Narnia films came out first. :)
That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Cymru
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Aug 30, 2010 12:41 pm

I don't know about Bryce or Summer. They are both a favorite of mine, but it's no better for them to play LOGk if Megan Fox was to get the role. They are all too well known for their roles. Right now i'm sticking with unknown actresses until I see somebody that not a lot of people takes notice of.
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 30, 2010 5:02 pm

an unknown actress could be great, it just depends what unknown actress they pick, because casting an unknown actress, who's any good could mean that without even knowing it they might pick an actress who's completely wrong for the part
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby Trufflehunter » Aug 30, 2010 5:39 pm

They usually are pretty positive that an actor/actress is perfect for the part before they are cast. We might not think so, but the film makers would. If they pick an unknown actress for the part (which, now that I think about it, I might prefer), they would be very sure that she could play the part well.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 31, 2010 9:22 am

I wouldn't say that either Summer Glau or Bryce Dallas Howard are all that well known. Summer is pretty much only popular in the niche scifi genre since that's basically all she's done. Bryce has had a couple of high profile roles, but she's not exactly a superstar.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby fantasia » Aug 31, 2010 9:32 am

Cymru wrote:I have to say that I like the idea of Rebecca Mader, who played Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis) in LOST. She was very ambiguous in that and mysterious - she's got unusual eyes - a perfect accent - and is quite beautiful. It would be a neat twist too.

I suppose I'm in the minority on this one, but I love this suggestion. ;)) One of my favorite things about Tilda as the White Witch is that she's so unusual looking. And that's why I love the idea of Rebecca. Very unusual.... and very lovely!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby edmundrox12 » Sep 07, 2010 12:36 pm

i sill support an unknown actress cuz you guys are probably right when you say they wouldn't choose a bad unknown actress, so i support her, whoever she is.
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby Queen Lilliandil » Sep 07, 2010 5:35 pm

I have to say that everyone suggest for LOTGK I disagree with. She should purely be unknown. I will say that I would love anyone to play her if she has Natalie Dormer's looks. That is how I picture her.
A Proud Supporter for a Jilrian Jill/Tirian Romance.-PM DamselJillPole.
I don't like Susan (never have or will) so sue me!
Queen Lilliandil
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Josh » Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm

I actually disagree about her being an unknown. For many characters, especially the kids, I do think they should pick an uknown.

But I do think they should get good high profile actors to play the parts of Puddleglum and The Lady of the Green Kirtle. I just think those roles almost require someone who's well known either to stir up hype or to do the characters justice.

I say Johnny Depp for Puddleglum and Kate Winslet for The Lady of the Green Kirtle.

And for all of the characters in HaHB and the Last Battle, I think they should be unknowns. Digory and Polly should be unknowns as well, but I'd get a great fairly well known actor for Uncle Andrew.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Sep 11, 2010 8:59 am

How is it that Gemma Arterton's name has not come up so far in this discussion? As one of the biggest young up-and-coming British female actresses, she seems like far too obvious a candidate not to have been mentioned, even if her prior associations with other big franchises (Bond, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans) might make her a less preferable choice.

GemmaArterton.jpg
GemmaArterton.jpg (13.91 KiB) Viewed 9514 times
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Sui-Lun » Sep 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey, on another lady of the green kirtle topic, I half-mentioned that I would like Tilda Swinton to play that role too, even though it might be another character. What do you think?
Sui-Lun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Sui-Lun, some conversation on that very question got started here: http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1468. :) I think we're just trying to keep this thread on who should play her if they are different actresses. :)
starkat

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 12, 2010 4:03 pm

icarus, ooh, I'm smacking myself atm for now thinking of Gemma Arterton sooner! She is definetly a top-notch actress, and while she's been in quite a few films already--James Bond, St. Trinian's, Prince of Persia, and she has one coming out soon-- Tamara Drewe, I don't think she's so well known that the movie would be all about her. She's an "up and coming" star, and TLOTGK could be one amazing role on her climb to the top! :D Not to mention she really looks that part--sweet enough, but sinister enough :P
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

PreviousNext