This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Male

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Choose which of these lucky lads you like the most.

Edmund (LWW/PC/VDT)
38%
Peter (LWW/PC)
17%
Eustace (VDT/SC)
9%
Digory (MN/LWW)
6%
Shasta (HHB)
6%
Corin (HHB)
1%
Caspian (PC/VDT)
11%
Rillian (SC)
2%
Tirian (LB)
9%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Narnian Male

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Sep 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes Peter and Edmund do have different characters. Thanks for the welcome :)

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Sep 07, 2010 3:13 am

^Again, you're welcome. Haha. Why don't you post in the "Getting to know you" thread? I'm sure lots of NWebbers will be glad to know you. :)

Now, I voted for Edmund, since he really changed a lot from his old character in LWW. Go Edmund!

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Dan65802 » Sep 08, 2010 12:41 pm

We all aspire to Peter's heroism. But we are all Edmund.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Sep 09, 2010 2:21 am

yeah, we all do, Peter really is a brave hero of Narnia.

P.S. Welcome! :) Looking forward on your posting/s here in the forums. :D.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Sep 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Dan65802 you're right we are defiantly all Edmund with an admiration for Peter's Heroism. thank you for sharing that! With this in mind if we're all Edmund who would you say Peter is in our world? :) By the Way Welcome Dan65602!

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elanor » Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

Such a hard decision, but I went with Peter. He's very nice, and brave in the later books, a true High King. :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adamant » Nov 17, 2010 7:00 am

Peter, he's my favorite character after all. True High King of Narnia!
Adamant
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Queen Lucy The Valiant » Dec 03, 2010 9:08 am

I vote Tirian!
Tirian to me always seemed strong, steadfast and ready to do what was right. Like when he had just killed the two Calormens who where beating the talking horse. When the river rat told him that it was Aslan's will he was ready to go back and give him self up even though it could have meant his death. I really like Jewel also, he was always faithful to his friends when it could have meant death also.
Queen Lucy The Valiant
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aly83 » Dec 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Shasta for me. I think it's because I can relate to him and his journey. And that chapter where he encounters Aslan - gets to me every time.
aly83
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby smartypants » Dec 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I voted for Edmund! I really enjoy watching him grow as a character throughout the books and movies as well. He, to me, is more realistic than Peter because we really see Ed's struggles. He's a very human character. (I love Peter too though! ;) ) The whole idea of redemption is another thing that draws me to his character. He did a stupid thing yet was forgiven.
Next to Ed I'd say Caspian is my favorite. I've always liked that character even before the movies came about. He seems a bit more exotic than the others. Does that make sense? There's just something different about him.
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Angelwings_The_Faun » Dec 14, 2010 1:33 pm

I voted for Caspian because in the novella, the old brittish movies, and the new vids from Walden Media, his character is one of honesty and integrity. Not once does he waver from his belief system, and yet I can relate to him well when he struggles with harbored feelings of anger for the betrayal he suffered, and his momentary greed at the golden waterfall. What I find fascinating about him is that he is very willing to admit wrongdoing and strives to be the best person, and prince that he can be.

I imagine Caspian to be C.S.'s version of King David. A man after Aslan's own heart, and yet, very full of faults in his own right. I'm surprised at how popular edmund is, but then, I suppose he's the character we can all relate to in some way.
"None of this fazes us ...I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love..." Romans 8:39
Angelwings_The_Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby smartypants » Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Angelwings_The_Faun, that is a fantastic point! It's very true, what you say of Caspian. That is one of the reasons I admire him as well. To me, he is very real like Edmund. He's relatable. Comparing him to King David is an interesting point. I've never made that connection. It's a very good connection.
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Angelwings_The_Faun » Dec 15, 2010 9:25 am

smartypants wrote:Angelwings_The_Faun, that is a fantastic point! It's very true, what you say of Caspian. That is one of the reasons I admire him as well. To me, he is very real like Edmund. He's relatable. Comparing him to King David is an interesting point. I've never made that connection. It's a very good connection.

Why thanks! :ymblushing:
What's funny is, I didn't even make the connection until the new movies came out. How many times did I read over his character and watch the old movies without connecting the dots, I'll never know. But think about it...David was a young boy who didn't feel ready to be King, which is why God chose him! He made mistake after mistake, and yet he never stopped giving God praise. The man commited multiple sins, he was betrayed by his best friends father (who tried to kill him), I mean...the similarities are endless!
"None of this fazes us ...I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love..." Romans 8:39
Angelwings_The_Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby smartypants » Dec 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Exactly! Now that I think about it more and more it's very similar and interesting. I guess I've never physically pictured David as young and having Caspian as a reference point is a big help. Great thoughts! :ymapplause:
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Electra » Dec 20, 2010 11:02 pm

I chose Caspian because throughout the books/movies he is in you can really see him grow as a character. He always wants the best for other people, and knows how to rule a kingdom, and I absolutely love him as a person ^^
Electra
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby moo25 » Jan 02, 2011 4:17 pm

I chose Edmund, though it was very close between him and Eustace. I love the way you get to see him grow throughout the books to someone so noble and just. He's also the most relatable with his path of redemption, and his character seems so very human. I also love his understanding, and his faith in his sister and Aslan. I guess most of my reasons could be also said for Eustace, but there's something about Ed that makes me like him that little bit more. :D
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext