This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Video Game

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Video Game

Postby narnia_lover127 » Jan 07, 2010 6:13 pm

7chronicles wrote:I thought of a list of playable characters:
Lucy
Edmund
Caspian
Reep
Eustace/Dragon Eustace
Other Characters:
Dufflepuds
Mermaids
Drinian
The Dawn Treader/Steering

It would be cool if you could steer the Dawn Treader to the different islands. :)

that would be cool if you could steer the Dawn Treader and that is a really good list of characters too.
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Feb 12, 2010 4:22 pm

I would buy this video game. it would be cool :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 10, 2010 12:11 am

A playable character can also be Ramandu's daughter. I can not wait for this game to come out!
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Future_Princess » May 29, 2010 6:13 pm

They could really do alot with the video game. Id like it better if its more adventure and exploration and not just combat like the other games.
"Give up for a second and that is where you will finish"-- Unknown
FOR NARNIAAAAAA....

narniawebber since January 2nd 2006! (...just forgot to transfer accounts...lol)
Future_Princess
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes I'm with Future_Princess on this one. i hope it's just a fun game of adventure and figuring out mysteries instead of having some one attack your character every two minutes. This game is going to rock! Sail on VDT, especially the days!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lilliandil » Jun 19, 2010 11:34 pm

I have the Nintendo DS versions of both LWW and PC and I personally like LW better. This was because when you fought all the monsters it didn't go all close up like on PC. Also because in LWW you can better your weapons and defensive clothing by collecting ice shards to buy items with.

I hope VDT is more like LWW.
'For when they tried to look at Aslan's face they just caught a glimpse of the golden mane and the great, royal, solemn, over-whelming eyes; and then they found they couldn't look at him and went all trembly.'
Lilliandil
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ugly Pig » Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Griffle wrote:
Fantasma wrote:Yep, and I wish I had the original version of the PS3 so I could play PS2 games, but I don't, unfortunately.

Even if you did have the original version of the console; not all games are supported, so chances are you wouldn't be able to play the game anyway. Hope this makes you feel a bit better. :D

I know this is a very late reply, but for the record: The PS2 LWW game works on the backwards compatible PS3. Yes, I tried it... :D
Ugly Pig
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby icarus » Jul 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Ok, so here is basically everything (more or less) i was told with regard to the cancellation of the Dawn Treader Video Game:

The following reply was in response to my initial query about the lack of any news on the Dawn Treader video game (especially at E3), and that as Nihilistic Software have a "one game at a time" development policy, whether or not the fact that they have recently been revealed to be currently working on a completely different game at present ("Heroes On The Move" for PS3) if that meant that VDT had been cancelled.... and whether or not the split from Disney (and thus from Disney Interactive) had a part to play in it:

As you guessed, after rights to the Narnia film passed from Disney to Fox, the game that we were doing for Disney Interactive was cancelled immediately. There were off-and-on discussions about possibly moving the game to Fox, but Fox has a very different sort of videogame publishing strategy from Disney (they don’t really produce games themselves, but rather license out their IP to other publishers, mostly). So ultimately we didn’t find a way to bring the game over to the new studio.

The termination of the game was very amicable and both sides were happy with how everything got resolved, which is why it was never much in the press. I haven’t heard much about a movie tie-in game from Fox or anyone else, so I’m guessing there won’t be any major game releases for this installment of the Narnia films, but hopefully if it does well for Fox and they do another, we’ll see more games in the future!

The following reply was in response to whether or not we might one day see something from the game, whether that be Concept Art or early screenshots or anything else:

It was shaping up to be a graphically beautiful and fun game, and folks at Disney Interactive and Nihilistic were both working hard on making it a faithful adaptation of the film.

Unfortunately because of the licensing complications with so many groups involved (Disney, Fox, Walden Media) we wouldn’t be able to release any of the concept art or screenshots of the work-in-progress.

And a nice little final comment in reference to a mention i made of NarniaWeb...

During research for the game we were keeping a close eye on websites like NarniaWeb to keep tabs on what fans were most excited about in the film.

I'm actually rather sad that this project will never come to fruition. Sure movie based video games are often somewhat lacklustre, but is it not every boys dream to one day take command of their own Dawn Treader ship and sail it round the Narnian seas? Whether that be in their bath tub or on the virtual high seas... :)

That reminds me, they better not disappoint me now by not releasing a bath-tub suitable Dawn Treader ship! ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Movie Aristotle » Jul 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I am not sure what to do now. I want to write to Fox and petition for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader game, preferably made with Traveler's Tales, since they are familiar with the Narnia story and likely have several suitable computer models from Prince Caspian that could be refitted for Dawn Treader. In fact, a lot of the gameplay could be recycled as well, since we are still using the same sytems that Prince Caspian opened on (i.e. Wii, Playstation 3, Xbox 360). I know it usually takes years to make a video game, but I wonder if they might be able to throw together something fun in the six months we have left. Hey, I'd even be happy if the game weren't available until Christmas or next year... as long as it got made.

Of course if the movie is very successful, then I have a feeling that the video game will eventually be made as well. Fox would follow the money. We'd probably even see it before Silver Chair is made... thus giving us something to talk about in the interim.

Still, the best case scenario is to see a well-made game on store shelves the Tuesday before Dawn Treader comes to theaters.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Why can't they just make the game and give Disney a large portion of the money?
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Griffle » Jul 13, 2010 2:39 am

Josh wrote:Why can't they just make the game and give Disney a large portion of the money?
I'm sure they want to get paid for their hard work. ;)
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 14, 2010 12:06 pm

so.....it's appears that there will be no VotDT video game. oh well. I, for one, am not a video game freak, so I am not dissapointed, but I feel bad for all of those who were looking forward too it :(
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Movie Aristotle » Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks Libby. It's pretty sad news. Imagine all of the anticipation that we have had for the movie suddenly being dashed by the news that the movie is cacelled. That's pretty much what this feels like to a gamer.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby 7chronicles » Jul 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Ditto Movie Aristotle!

I am so bummed! :(( =; :( I can’t believe they cancelled the game!!!!!!! :(( [-(
My only hope is that they may create a game for VDT after the movie comes out, especially if the movie (God Willing) does well. :)
I was soooooo looking forward to playing The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Video game!!!!!!!!
It was one of the ones I wanted to play the most out of all the Chronicles if (God Willing) they all got made.

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 28, 2010 12:33 am

This is so sad!! :(( I was really looking forward to playing this game... :(

:-\

X(

:(( :(( :(( :(( :((

No fair 20th Century =;
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Previous