This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Villain

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the vilest of them all?

Jadis/The White Witch (LWW/MN)
28%
Maugrim (LWW)
4%
King Miraz (PC)
6%
The Lady of the Green Kirtle (SC)
22%
Tash (LB)
13%
Ginger the Cat (LB)
2%
Shift (LB)
10%
Prince Rabadash (HHB)
6%
Uncle Andrew (MN)
4%
Other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 161

Re: Favorite Narnian Villian

Postby Sendit2Sue » Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm

For me it's got to be Rabadash the Ridiculous. Jadis, the Lady of the Green Kirtle, Miraz, etc were all intimidating and scary. With the exception of Uncle Andrew, Rabadash was the only villain to make you laugh a little. Uncle Andrew added some humor to the story, but there were also elements of his character that inspired pity. Rabadash was just a rotten apple through and through, which made him far more fun to hate!
"Where there's cake, there's hope. And there's always cake."
Sendit2Sue
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Sep 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Obviously, I chose the Lady of the Green Kirtle 8-| Her evil is much more subtle and seductive, which makes it much more dangerous as you may not see it until it's too late.

On a side note, I don't know that I would really classify Uncle Andrew as a "villain." While he's certainly not one of the "good guys" his actions were really more selfish and badly thought out than evil.
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Ginger. Perhaps not the vilest, but definitely the most treacherous. Shift was merely a puppet, Ginger was one of the masterminds behind the plan to enslave the creatures of Narnia. And while he was selling his own countrymen to the Calormenes, he was all the time "Cool as a cucumber." The most evil villains are the one's who do not show their villainous natures.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Scarlet_Trefoil » Sep 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Jadis is the worst of the villians, IMHO. Anyone who dares to persuade a a little boy to betray his family with the aid of Turkish Delight *tsk, tsk*...that is a villian indeed!

~Scarlet
Av by Wunderkind_Lucy & Sig by flambeau
President of the Come What May Club - PM me to join!
Scarlet_Trefoil
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DOECOG » Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm

I would say Shift was the worst villain because not only was he evil himself, but he also tricked others into doing his evil deeds. For example, he convinced some of the narnians to cut down the talking trees by saying it was Aslan’s orders.
DOECOG
Daughter Of Eve
Child Of God
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are... 1 John 3:1
DOECOG
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 08, 2009 2:04 pm

I chose other, and the verdict is......*drumroll*........GENERAL GLOZELLE!!!!
The glozelle from the movie btw. I love his character, his inner turmoil and his obvious struggle to decipher right from wrong. He works for the bad side and realizes before it's too late what truth really is. I enjoyed watching his character develop throughout the movie!!! An obvious example of a villain turned good.*sigh* I love happy endings!!! ;)
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 12, 2009 9:00 am

I chose the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I was surprised that she and Jadis/WW weren't the same person. I believe they are the same person. I chose the Lady of the Green Kirtle because I think she is more evil as the Lady than she is as Jadis/WW.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm

I picked Miraz. For one, when it comes to the worst. He kills his brother,he tries to kill his nephew, he wants to wipe out an entire race, he pretty much kills several of the people on the council thing, he murders his own men in the courtyard, (although that was in the book so I'm not sure if that counts :-?? ) and he is self-absorbed.
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Beatrice1292 » Oct 12, 2009 6:56 pm

I voted for the Lady of the Green Kirtle because she always scared me when I was little more than any of the other villains. Well.... Shift was about even with her. It's a hard call! =D
Beatrice1292
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 12, 2009 7:32 pm

My vote is for the Emerald Witch(LOTGK) because of her subtle and charming manner of deception. The less obvious the evil, the more dangerous. Plus I find her more intriguing for some reason. :-?

Tricking 2 kids and a Marsh-wiggle into being desert at a feast for giants.
Not very nice indeed! :-s
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby aslansothername » Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

The White Witch for me is my "favorite". Alto saying that the villain in your favorite is kinda weird! :-\ But she is the best I think
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby polly plummer » Oct 31, 2009 3:05 pm

I loved the Tirsoc (may he live for ever)
His sense of humour is so dry. I loved the bit in HHB when he said to Rabadash that he wouldn't see his son (Peter's nephew) on the throne of Calormen 'if I live forever which is doubtless your wish'
polly plummer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm

narnian_at_heart wrote: I was surprised that she and Jadis/WW weren't the same person. I believe they are the same person. I chose the Lady of the Green Kirtle because I think she is more evil as the Lady than she is as Jadis/WW.

In SC, the Narnians all agreed that lotgk was doubtless''from the same stock as the White Witch" and they all "try to get the same thing they just take different paths to get it". I used to believe that the witch's were the same only because BBC used the same actress. Then I reread the books and came to the conclusion that she indeed came from the "same stock",(though not the same person(or witch) since Aslan finished Jadis off in LWW. I think this discussion needs a topic ;)
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ChristProclamer » Nov 02, 2009 11:00 am

My favorite villain is Rabadash. He's funny, classy, cruel, intelligent and stupid all at the same time. Not many villains could pull that off. And he adds another dimension to the story--he's kind of become the face of Calormen, and he gives a look at another side of Susan, too. Plus he has an awesome war-cry. :p
As for the WORST villain, hands down Tash. He scared me to death when he first appeared, and he still does. He's so very different from all the other villains.
*reading post above* uh-oh, it's the Jadis=LoGK topic again...
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ronny » Nov 16, 2009 1:03 pm

I think that the best villain is definently Shift, the Anti-Aslan.
No one knows how old he was, his background or where he came from. He was an ageless stranger who wandered in to cause trouble.
Just as Aslan "wanders in" to set things right.
Shift is the ultimate snake-oil salesman. With his tongue he speaks of advancement and prosperity but with his mind he conjures new ways to sate his vulgar appetites.
He's a horrible con-man, a vile trickster and has a great sense of mystery about him. It's just a shame Lewis never showed him actually meeting Aslan, that would have been brilliant :ymapplause:
Ronny
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby tenthofthatname » Dec 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Sorry to pull up an old topic! But it was King Miraz for me as the vilest of vile villains...mostly because people like Miraz exist in real life and that's a sobering thought. I wanted to pick LotGK as well because she destroyed Caspian's livelihood.
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext