This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby icarus » Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I'd be reasonably open to just about any interpretation of the Lady of the Green Kirtle - although i definitely have a strong mental image of how i think the character should look, its not one of those roles where i am overly fussy that it conforms perfectly with my imagination. If they want to experiment slightly and do something a bit different, i'd be all for it - just so long as it isn't majorly odd, i'll be fine. I'd probably prefer red hair, but it definitely isn't a deal-breaker for me.

I've had a few various thoughts regarding the actress over the years, none of which i've ever been overly especially attatched to, but anyway my latest thought regarding the role was of Ruth Wilson, most recently seen in the TV series remake of The Prisoner (picture), and currently staring in the BBC Series "Luther" (picture) (coincidently, you may also remember that she starred in the title role in a TV adaptation of Jane Eyre, in which Georgie Henley played the young Jane Eyre)

Ruth Wilson.jpg
Ruth Wilson.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 14634 times

http://burstsofenthusiasm.blogspot.com/ ... award.html

http://sueterryvoices.com/images/artist ... wilson.jpg
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 09, 2010 2:18 pm

I agree Josh. Evangeline Lilly would make a great LOGK. Yes her role in Lost most definitely makes her a big name now and will get bigger roles too. But yes she would be a perfect LOGK. ;) :D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Josh » Jun 09, 2010 7:57 pm

For those of you who havent seen LOST, here's a pic of Evangeline.

Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Oh wow, Evangeline Lilly is another good candidate. Her eyes in that picture are really pretty... I know they're probably photoshopped, but still. :p I wouldn't mind it if she got the role.

I still like Emily Blunt as my #1 choice, and Natalie Dormer as my #2 choice [she's grown on me. ;)]
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Jun 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh yes I would love it if Evangeline Lilly got the role of LOGK. I think her eyes would match well to the description of LOGK. All she needs is to die her hair a medium-dark red. That would look great. ;)
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 10, 2010 3:42 am

I don't know. Evangeline Lilly always come across as kinda tomboy-ish to me. Can't say that I can see her playing the LotGK.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Bookwyrm: She is so pretty in real life. I saw her in Hollywood almost two years ago. And have you seen the loreal commercials of her yet? She most definitely isn't tomboyish in person, I promise you that. She is just an athletic person. Doesn't mean she shouldn't be LOGK if she seems too tomboyish to you. It means she could be limber and fast. That's perfect for a person to turn into a serpent.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Josh » Jun 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Even if she was a tomboy (which she isnt), Evangeline could still play the part. It's called ACTING.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ChristProclamer » Jun 15, 2010 2:21 pm

As I recall, I suggested Emily Blunt for the role about a year ago...and people gave a firm no. Now, someone thinks I had a good idea. *faints with happiness*

I do think she's perfect for the role. She's British, which in this role I think is a must. An American LoGK? No! In Devil Wears Prada, she has red hair, and she plays a rather nasty young woman. In Young Victoria, she totally switched gears to play a sweet young princess. She is perfect for LoGK, and I'm pleased to see that her career has taken off.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3984624640/nm1289434
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2010 2:49 pm

ChristProclaimer: Seriously what is wrong with having an American playing Narnians? LOGK isn't even British neither is Lilliandil and yet an Australian is playing her and an American played Trumpkin.

On the plus side I recently watched The Wolfman a few days ago that has Emily Blunt in it and I do rather like her looks, she is very pretty, but more Queen Helen for me rather then LOGK. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ChristProclamer » Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Don't get me wrong, America has a lot of talented actors, and I don't have a problem for Americans in certain roles. But there are others who I steadfastly refuse to allow to be anything other than British (unfortunately, RD was one of those). But when I hear American accent, I don't think, 'witch' or 'magic'. I think for the purposes of LoGK, a British look and sound would be best.

EDIT: After reading your post, DamselJillPole, I'd like to clarify that I'm not discriminating. I'm an American myself, but I just prefer British talents for the films.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm

ChristProclamer wrote:Don't get me wrong, America has a lot of talented actors, and I don't have a problem for Americans in certain roles. But there are others who I steadfastly refuse to allow to be anything other than British (unfortunately, RD was one of those). But when I hear American accent, I don't think, 'witch' or 'magic'. I think for the purposes of LoGK, a British look and sound would be best.

Who said an American has to use their American accent in every film that they do?? :-\

Renee Zellweger is American won a Oscar for a British film she did and used a british accent. I didn't know that British people had a different look from everyone else either. Are you serious? That made no sense.

I don't think it matters and i think you make too much of a big deal that every actor used in these movies have to be British just because of the text. But not a lot of people see it that way. This is not the 20th Century anymore in Hollywood. Look at actors who are American like Claire Danes, Johnny Depp, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin. And British People who did American Accents; Hugh Laurie, Ben Barnes, Helena Boham Carter and many more.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby echelonangel15 » Jun 17, 2010 12:32 am

Emily would be a great choice, but as for me, I believe the best would be Tilda Swinton. I know a few don't agree, but there are pieces or hints in Silver Chair that point to the White Witch being the Lady of the Green Kirtle. They are very subtle, but the first is the Lady's Horse, Snowflake. The next is the fact that she plans on invading Narnia during the Winter. As our heroes emerge from defeating her before she led her invasion, they meet creatures who are celebrating winter games. What better time to return the winter spell? Like I said, just my thoughts, even if they don't have her for Silver Chair I still can't wait to see it!
-Devon-
echelonangel15
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 17, 2010 1:22 am

You do have a point there echelonangel15, also welcome to Narniaweb ;)

I always thought the same thing but over time I guess I changed my mind on it being Tilda. In the book Rilian describes her to be the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on and should be seductive. I don't think Tilda reaches that category, unless her true form is her WW self and found a spell to make herself younger. That can work. ;)

I still prefer a different actress besides Tilda though.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby echelonangel15 » Jun 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks^_^!

For me Tilda has that ethereal quality of beauty. Not only in Narnia, but in the other movies she has that look of mystery and allure.

Whoever they choose, I'm definitely there for the midnight showing:)
echelonangel15
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Rose_Amelie » Jun 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Wow! I really miss this forum, and topics like this :)
I like all those girls that the people suggested, specially Natalie Dormer and Eva Green. I really surprised by Ruth Wilson, her beautiful eyes are impressive.
My votes goes to Natalie Dormer. Her beauty is no common and her acting skills are amazing (in "The Tudors", her role of Anne Boleyn was great)

I have another suggestion:
Dianna Agron, american actress and singer. She's better know as her role of "Quinn Fabray", in the famous comedy "Glee". Her beauty is stunning and her voice is so special (strong and soft in the same time). With red hair would be perfect for the part (her blond hair reminds me "Liliandill")

By the way, Dianna adores Narnia:

Rose_Amelie
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext