This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Postby Lady Éowyn » May 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Our first shot!

Plain, simple, sleeveless, empire waisted, white! Hmm. It's so shiny, it's hard to tell if I like it or not. Can't wait to see more. :) What do you think?
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ramandu's Daughter

Postby DamselJillPole » May 23, 2010 11:57 am

The prodction could have made her picture a bit better then this. She sort of looks like a porcelian doll, as if she isn't real. It should of been bigger too and by Caspian's side.

One thing that I love about the dress is that I love the neckline and her pose, it looks very romantic to me the way her hair is done and the dress itself. I hope it is blue and that this is just weird photoshop.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Éowyn » May 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Meltintalle pointed out that those without Facebook can't see the detail shot I linked, so I uploaded it to the costume site.

Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » May 25, 2010 12:19 am

The picture makes RD's dress look double layered as if the front is see through. I think it's pretty and it may be the white or light blue part. But the dress under the see through could very well be blue. I think it's the lighting that makes it look white but I can see she is wearing some cloth that is see through.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Éowyn » May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

I agree, looks like she has a sheer overdress. In the new higher-res picture by tenthofthatname, you can see both layers at the sleeve (there's a little undersleeve, the top layer is sleeveless), and at the neck (looks like the top layer dips in a V, the underlayer neck is round).

And you're right, the dress could very well be bleached by the lighting... especially considering how white her skin looks there!
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » May 25, 2010 10:56 pm

sheer, sheer. Thank you I was trying to think up that word but my brain obviously wasn't working. 8-}

She also appears to have barrettes in hair as well or maybe it's just that one. I really love her hair at the moment. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Postby fantasia » May 27, 2010 7:14 am

The funny thing is I can't tell whether the dress is supposed to be sheer or not. They made her completely transparent from the waist down. ;))
I really like the little bit of the dress I can make out though. Nice and simple. Love the empire waist on it.
One thing I'm going to be very curious to see is if her dress is white like it appears on the display, or if it's going to be some other light color.
Very positive first reaction!! :ymapplause: Isis and the other costumers have outdone themselves again!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DamselJillPole » May 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Since her hair is white out too I think it simply means her dress would be as well. If you look very closely you can tell it is probably a very light blue color the way it's supposed to be. She really looks like the illustration of RD and so does the dress. It'll look great! ;) :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » May 28, 2010 10:08 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:The prodction could have made her picture a bit better then this. She sort of looks like a porcelian doll, as if she isn't real. It should of been bigger too and by Caspian's side.

I wouldn't like her to be larger or beside Caspian in the poster - she is a minor character until the last section, and the non-readers have never heard of her. She should remain an unknown quantity until the ship reaches her island.
And beside Caspian? the same argument applies - it's too much of a plot spoiler.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 29, 2010 12:14 am

Pardon me but coracle you and I and everyone else have not seen this movie yet. :p

Sure RD was minor in the book but so was Glozelle and they made his character bigger in PC movie.

I understand the plot spoilers and all, over time from the past six days since I wrote this I changed my mind about making her bigger over thinking a few things. But I seriously 99 percent without doubt her character is going to stretch even bigger then she was in the book considering her love story with Caspian needs to be fixed to be able to have Suspian forgotten.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I certainly like the look they have given this brief glimpse of her - the paleness, the shining lightness of her - and am looking forward to seeing her on the screen.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Lady Éowyn » May 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes indeed. Back to the topic at hand—the dress itself. :)

I found some patterns that might be usable, given what we can see of the dress, and might give an idea of the rest of the dress might look...

Butterick 6467 - the neckline and empire waist are similar. The skirt is way too sheath-like, though.
Marfy Dress 1781
Simplicity 2398

Also, does anyone think/hope the skirt might look like this dress? Might be ground length in front so she can walk, though.

Or it could be a bit smaller but still drapey skirt, as in Simplicity 2398, view A—which also has a sheer overlay.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Jun 04, 2010 5:02 pm

It is sort of hard to see her dress a little bit because whoever worked on the poster over exposed the lighting on her. But yes I agree that she is wearing a sheer over dress and obviously her blue dress under it. I guess we'll see more of it when the trailer comes out because right now it is too hard to make out. ;)
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Okay so the recent news about the footage someone said that Ramandu's Daughter is glowing blue and not white. So it's the photoshop that the artists used to white her out. I'm happy to hear that her dress will in fact be blue.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Jun 13, 2010 5:45 pm

She looks so innocent and ethereal and sweet... and honestly, I can't make out any detail of her dress except that it's white.
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 14, 2010 3:02 pm

The dress isn't white. My sister did something on gimp with the picture of her altering colors that are there and brought it out. I can't explain what she did or how she did it all I know is that the picture on the poster of her is over exposed that even her hair and face is white white. So she fixed it to the normal colors. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Next