This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Prince Rilian

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Prince Rilian

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » May 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I like Harry Lloyd. I saw him on Doctor Who and Robin Hood. Did you know that he's the great-great-great-grandson to author Charles Dickens? ;)

Plus he has that kind of face that he can change like how Rilian does and he's very princely looking. I vote for Harry Lloyd! :D
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » May 31, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm not terribly familiar with the acting world, but almost every choice here seems perfect. The only thing is, I thought they were aiming for unknown actors? At least that's the strategy they used previously. The only actor on any list that I recognize, Harry Lloyd, is far from unknown.
I would have cast my vote for Lloyd, as well. I absolutely love his performance as Will Scarlett in the BBC Robin Hood! I could totally see him as Rilian. He's got this odd voice and this intense, penetrating look sometimes that frightens you, but he's can be cordial, friendly, and emotional as well. And then he seems completely devoid of emotion sometimes, with a wild character to him. Very expressive and wide range. Plus, he looks the part!
EDIT: I just read Daughter of Ramandu's post about Lloyd being the great-great-great grandson of Charles Darwin. Assuming that's true: uncanny, since Skandar is related to him and is of the same descent.

Daniel Bruhl, who I've never heard of before, seems perfect too, however. I like his similarities to Laura and Ben (they're on a first-name-only basis with me, for some reason). And he's almost exactly how I pictured Rilian- with the lighter hair, beard, eyebrows, and slightly pointed chin. But I don't know about his acting, sadly, so I will give him a cautious thumbs up.
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » May 31, 2010 9:40 pm

I stumbled across this handsome actor tonight while looking at IMDb. His name is Luke Evans and I've never seen or heard of him before. Apparently he was in Clash of the Titans (played Apollo) and Robin Hood (played a Sheriff's Thug ;)) ). Aside from having no idea of his acting ability, I think he just screams Rilian.

fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DamselJillPole » May 31, 2010 9:55 pm

hmmm, great finding F_K! ;)

I will agree Luke is very handsome and there's not a lot of postings on his IMDB account. He can be another candidate for Rilian in my book. He sort of has this Sam Worthington look about him that I like. I've got to see this Clash of the Titians.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Jun 01, 2010 5:44 am

HighQueenofNarnia wrote: I just read Daughter of Ramandu's post about Lloyd being the great-great-great grandson of Charles Darwin. Assuming that's true: uncanny, since Skandar is related to him and is of the same descent.

Actually, she said Charles Dickens. :P Quite different person. You know, A Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, etc....but that's cool about Lloyd!

I was wary about so many votes cast for Harry Lloyd on the old forum, but then I started watching BBC Robin Hood and I realized why! He's an excellent person to play Rilian, though perhaps a tad too awkward. I would have to see him in a few different roles to decide for sure. :P
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby bkey » Jun 01, 2010 7:16 am

Interestingly enough, even though Evans is in both Clash and Robin Hood, he essentially is not in these movies. Apollo is in one, maybe two scenes of Clash of the Titans, and I don't think he has any dialogue. He is basically an extra, with his role consisting of standing in the background looking "god-like." Same with Robin Hood, the Sheriff of Nottingham has 5 minutes of screentime max, and his thugs have even less and once again are nothing more than extras.

So, I can't comment on his acting ability, he does seem to be on the up and up though, but he certainly looks the part.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 01, 2010 1:55 pm

The thing with Evans not getting bigger roles makes all the better that he is an unknown actor right now. He is an actor who acts in movies that has to do with medieval and mythology. He might actually be interested in Rilian and will have a better shot at it since he is unknown. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby luv-a-labradoodle » Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Daughter_of_Ramandu wrote:I like Harry Lloyd. I saw him on Doctor Who and Robin Hood. Did you know that he's the great-great-great-grandson to author Charles Dickens? ;)

Plus he has that kind of face that he can change like how Rilian does and he's very princely looking. I vote for Harry Lloyd! :D

I think Harry Lloyd would be perfect as Rilian! (I also love Robin Hood ;) )
I vote for Harry Lloyd too!! :D
luv-a-labradoodle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 12, 2010 4:25 pm

fantasia_kitty: wow! he looks a lot like Rilian! cool! he would do well for looks anyway!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 12, 2010 9:01 pm

As far as looks, I like this guy. If he can act, I'll like him even better. I can totally see him as Rilian.

I still wouldn't mind Harry Lloyd, though. :p
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Josh » Jun 22, 2010 5:59 pm

What about Ian Somerhalder for Rillain? He played Boone in Lost and is on some Vampire show I think. He looks similar to how I envisioned Rillian. Below is a pic of him.

Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Ian, :) I'm from the same hometown of him and friends with people who know him as well. It's funny that you brought him up. He could have worked for me if only I did not watch that "Vampire Diaries" show. His character on the show would kind of interfere if I see him as Rilian. He would of been perfect but too well known now for television.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Jun 23, 2010 10:30 am

I don't actually mind the idea of Ian Somerhalder as Rilian. He has the right look, and while he's been on Lost and Vampire Diaries, he's not been in too many huge movies (at least not that I know of).

Damsel wrote:He would of been perfect but too well known now for television.

Yes, well, TSC won't be television, will it? ;)
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 23, 2010 12:06 pm

You're missing the point on my opinion Valiant_Lucy. I did say Ian has the right look it's just if he played Rilian the only thing that will cross my mind is his character Boone in Lost and Damon in Vampire Diaries. They are both tragic roles and to see him as Rilian would sort of take away that mystery and magic away. Again that is my opinion, it's great that you have yours. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Josh » Jun 23, 2010 8:34 pm

I disagree. If he can act the part well enough, you can seperate Rillian from Boone or Damon.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

You're true on that Josh, but to me it's a type cast. If he didn't play Damon then I can see him doing it. For now, I just can't. Sorry.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext