This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Sep 17, 2009 3:40 pm

What really matters is that she can act, like you all said. The only thing I am concerned about, is that the casting directors will pick a 20 year old white blonde - haired girl! I really think they should stick with darker hair colors. Not too dark, black wouldn't do, but a light brown, dirty blonde, or just plain brown would do nicely. :)

As for being American, it's possible to sound like you have an English accent, even though you don't. It's quite easy. But I agree with some of you, maybe she should just have a normal accent. That's fine. I'm just trying to open up some of the possibilities here. 8-}

I don't think that any girls that are pretty famous actresses now would be good for Jill. Don't get me wrong, most of their acting abilities are amazing. But I don't really think that any of them could satisfy my thoughts for what Jill would look like. It would have to be someone new, in my opinion. If you have someone in mind, and if you can, please post a picture or two so we can have some ideas. (-|

As for height, many things are possible. I personally don't want her to be a giant! I believe the maximum for her height would be around 5'5". 5'6" would be THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM for me. But if you think different, please tell me. :D

Ok, I think I covered everything. Yep. Reply! :)
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 18, 2009 9:48 am

yeah, i agree with most everying you say JillPoleWannaBe123, i just dont think she should be American. I'm American, so i'm no prejudice or anything, I just think they should stick to British actresses.
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

I really do not want them to cut the actress hair. They can matt it or make ti messy to make her look plainer but i think it's sad when an actress has to cut her hair for a movie.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lillian » Sep 18, 2009 2:32 pm

It will be interesting to see who they end up choosing... I hope that they will choose someone who we can ALL be happy with. :) We have talked about everything from eye-color to hair to height to acting skills. I think it will be fun to compare our version of what we think Jill should look like, to what they choose. :p
Avatar and Signature by lover of narnia Thank you!
Lillian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ellz_bellz » Sep 18, 2009 10:55 pm

eustacegirl wrote:I really do not want them to cut the actress hair. They can matt it or make ti messy to make her look plainer but i think it's sad when an actress has to cut her hair for a movie.

Anna Popplewell had to cut her hair for Susan! It was hip-length before they began filming!

Anyway, we need to think about how the chosen Jill will interact with Eustace/Will P. They woud obviously need to pick someone who he would get along with as the two, EVEN though they spend half their time bickering, are really best friends! Well, in the end anyway. Does that cound as a spoiler? :S
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Sep 19, 2009 1:35 pm

They certainly are best friends!! But they do quarrel a lot. I just hope they don't form a romance between Eustace and Jill. That would be HORRIBLE!!! Maybe a romance with Jill and Edmund in the end of the Last Battle(in which case I will most definitely be playing Jill ;) ), I guess would be ok, but NOT with Eustace!!!
I wonder if the director/screenwriters will have them call each other by their last names (until of course the end of SC on the journey back up to the Overworld) like they do in the book? That would be a little weird... not quite sure how I feel about it.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Yep A_Narnian_Ship, I hope they don't form a romance between Jill and Eustace. Well, at least not in the Silver Chair. Maybe something in the Last Battle, that might be cute. But definately nothing in the SC. If their is a romance, I don't want it to interfere with the storyline.
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby lostin1800 » Sep 20, 2009 3:33 am

I also agree, Eustace and Jill should remain friends only
(haha A_Narnian_Ship, Jill and Ed- don't think the actress would mind that ;) :D ). I also can't wait to see what she'll look like compared to our versions of her.
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Sep 20, 2009 11:50 am

Jill and Eustace should be friends only. I think the same for Edmund and Peter.
Comparing will be fun! I think it's fun to compare our ideas of Jill, too. But it will be interesting to see who the filmakers will pick out.
Anyway, how the actress and Will will (no pun intended) get along is interesting to think about. Isn't that the first time anyone's mentioned it?
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Sep 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Yes, I do believe that is the first time someone has mentioned that, HappyGiant. I hadn't really thought about it before. It is important that Eustace and Jill get along. Even more, important, how Will Poulter and (Jill's name here, hopefully mine!) get along well. If they don't, it is going to be really hard to make a great movie.

Way off topic, was Anna Popplewell's hair hip - length before the filming? I never knew that. Well, you learn something new every day! :D

(Does anyone know how tall Will Poulter is? I know he's 14 or 15 years old, but he looked kind of small for his age. My brother is 15, and he's almost 6 foot tall! But then again, he works out every day, is on his school football team, and he has a 6-pack, so that might help...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby ellz_bellz » Sep 21, 2009 5:23 pm

JillPoleWannabe123 wrote:
Way off topic, was Anna Popplewell's hair hip - length before the filming? I never knew that. Well, you learn something new every day! :D

Yeah, Georgie mentions something about it in the audio commentary.

Anyway, NO ROMANCE BETWEEN JILL AND EUSTACE! NONE! They are friends and thats IT. Like Hermione and Harry! THAT IS ALL. I'm sorry I am rather feisty about romance in Narnia, espeically after Suspian. Some of my best friends are boys, and its not weird at all! Though, I can see some very funny scenes when they come back from Narnia in SC, and everyone at Experiment House giving them weird looks xD.
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Sep 21, 2009 5:35 pm

I think the director(s) did a pretty good job with the romance between Caspian and Susan. I don't believe they put the romance in the right place. It shouldn't have been Suspian. That's not right. If they mess up with the romance/Hollywood deal again... It would be HORRIBLE! :-s

I'm sorry. That was WAY of topic. Back to the discussion. JILL! :ymhug:
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 24, 2009 6:42 am

Well, i wouldnt mind a little romance in LB between Jill and Eustace, esp since they will be older and stuff....... idk, thats just my opinion (but only a little bit, nothing like Cas/Su, that was too much)
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am

Personally, I always thought Jill had light brown hair that came to about her shoulders. As far as personality goes, she is most definitely spunky. And a lot more argumentative then either Susan or Lucy. And ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO ROMANCE BETWEEN HER AND EUSTACE. And not between her and Edmund either, that would be weird. If there's going to be a romance in Last Battle, it should be between Tirian and Lucy. I don't think there should be, but Tirian thinks Lucy is really pretty and has a really nice voice. Oh, Jill does "fall in love" with someone in the book, Jewel the Unicorn. No, seriously, that's the phrase used. "Jill had, as you might say, quite fallen in love with the Unicorn."
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Sep 30, 2009 4:35 pm

I like the idea of around shoulder length. That might look good on Jill. I was thinking a little longer, in my opinion. Not WAY long, maybe around the middle of her back. I don't really know. What do you think about highlights in her hair? I don't think so, because everything in both the SC and the LB made me think of her as really, earthy, natural, down to earth. If she looks fake, then she is fake. And I don't believe Jill is like that. Plus, I'm not so sure they had highlights like they do today. That might be a tad bit strange... :p
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HappyGiant » Sep 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Yeah, I do not, at all, want her to look fake. That would be really, really, horrible! 'Natural highlights', as long as they look 100% natural, are fine, but not a lot of girls are like that, so I don't know. Maybe.
As for her hair, I picture dirty blond. Georgie's hair in PC is light brown (I THINK it looks light brown, anyway) and I don't want Jill bearing too resemblance to the Pevensies. I'd rather that be avoided if possible. But I'm not to worried about it, what matters is if the actress can act. (I for one,find it extremely brave to stand up in front of my class, so I'll probably think she's pretty good. ;) ) And the casting directors are great when it comes to that.
Oh, yes, and please- NO JILL ROMANCE AT ALL! I didn't like the suspian romance, it didn't belong. I don't think a Jill romance does either.
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext