This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The VDT in 3D Poll

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

How do you feel about VDT being released in 3D?

I'm happy it will be in 3D and will definitely see it in 3D on opening weekend.
30%
I'm happy it will be in 3D, but I'll see it in 2D first.
37%
I'm not happy it will be released in 3D, but I'll probably see it in 3D anyways to support the movie.
13%
I'm not happy it will be released in 3D and I won't see it in 3D.
10%
Can't decide.
10%

Total votes : 117

Re: The VDT in 3D Poll

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 06, 2010 11:54 am

^^ good point (about VotDT getting better treatment)! VotDT has had so much time that we might be surprised at how well it comes out! only time will tell! :ymhug:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I certainly hope the VDT 3D is better than the Clash 3D. They were talking about that movie on the LotRO forums and the consensus was that the 3D was horrible. I don't have any intention of spending extra money to see VDT in 3D, but any kind of negative publicity is not a good thing. If the movie fails, I'd rather it be because it's a crappy adaptation than the fanboys rose up against the 3D in it.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 06, 2010 12:45 pm

^^ I agree with you Bookey! I hope that VotDT being in 3D doesn't bring it down! :-o
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Apr 16, 2010 3:37 am

Bookwyrm wrote:I certainly hope the VDT 3D is better than the Clash 3D. They were talking about that movie on the LotRO forums and the consensus was that the 3D was horrible. I don't have any intention of spending extra money to see VDT in 3D, but any kind of negative publicity is not a good thing. If the movie fails, I'd rather it be because it's a crappy adaptation than the fanboys rose up against the 3D in it.

I'm not altogether sure that it was just the 3D that made Clash of the Titans a crappy movie. Yes, it had marvellous Special Effects, which might have stood it in good stead even if the movie had stayed in 2D. But it was only an updated remake of something that had been done beforehand. I'm not even sure that the earlier movie wasn't better The trouble is with the Clash 3D is that the 3D effects, as sensational as the overall special effects might be, didn't make enough of a difference to what the 2D film would be. Nothing really flew out of the screen, and my companion and myself just watched the movie, not really noting any difference in effects.

Unlike the Alice in Wonderland film which I saw earlier this week. In that, I got a real sense of depth, of insects and other things really flying at me, even of being in a different world. At the end there was a butterfly which looked just as if it were flying at me. There were also things wrong with Alice as well, however. I didn't like the Jabberwocky, which looked too much like it had been recycled from the Hungarian Horntail in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The Jabberwocky even walked on its wing joints. :-o And did anyone notice the 'Um from Umbridge' reference?

Whereas in VDT, there is a real chance of making something that looks good in 3D, if the filmmakers treat it right. Remember Wizard of Oz, and the huge impact this 1939 movie made? Maybe most of you don't, despite this famous movie being released on VHS and DVD. Because this movie, filmed in black and white at the beginning and the end, switched to colour in the sequences filmed in Oz. One got a real sense of being in a different world whilst in the colour sequence.

Maybe 3D really ought to be handled the same way as the Wizard of Oz back in 1939. I, for one, would be hugely disappointed in VDT 3D effects if the picture at the beginning of the story doesn't get filmed as startlingly realistic as possible, so that the audience doesn't start worrying about getting wet. And I would be unhappy if Narnia, itself, looks as flat as the real world.

In any case, I intend to view VDT in both dimensions.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby GlimGlum » Apr 17, 2010 10:38 am

I voted "Can't decide". If the quality of the 3D effect is good and will benefit VDT artistically and it increases its commercial success, then I would be for it. Otherwise, they just jumped on board the latest 3D express train and it didn't go anywhere.

If enough NarniaWebbers approve of the 3D version, I will watch it in 3D at least once. But I do plan on seeing VDT in 2D first. B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby IloveFauns » Apr 17, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm happy it will be in 3D and will definitely see it in 3D on opening weekend.,

If they do a good job of it, it should be awsome.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Tirian12 » Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

here's my beef.
i have seen three movies in 3D, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Avatar and Clash of the Titans.
Clash of the Titans killed 3D. it was awful, i felt like i was watching a completely cgi movie at times, they saw Avatar and jumped on the band wagon. Harry Potter was in between, it wasn't designed for 3D, but it was well done, granted only the first fifteen minutes were in 3D, but it was still quite good, it wasn't overly digital looking.
Avatar was amazing, no doubt about it, but i'm not expecting that from VDT, i'm expecting something on the lines of Harry Potter, it may (or may not) all be 3D, but all i care about is that it is done well. as long as it doesn't look too fake i'll be happy. i intend on seeing the movie in 3D, but i'm going to see it in 2D first so that i can get the idea of the movie first, i don't want any good bits wrecked by bad 3D.
but, i don't expect it'll turn out bad, the rumor was around for a while, they've been planning the 3D for a while, it's not like "bam!" two months before the release they decide, they've still got a good eight months.
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby bkey » Apr 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Sorry, this is off topic, I've already ranted my feelings on the 3D conversion many times on here, but Tirian I love your sig :ymapplause:
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Apr 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Im sure that VDT will look better than Clash of the Titans in 3D with no rush job... and I must be the only person in the entire world that like Clash of the Titans in 3D.. it was awesome!
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Tirian12 » Apr 26, 2010 9:07 am

thank-you bkey.
i am obsessed with the deathly hallows symbol. i drew it on my arm so much that my mom took all my sharpies. :p
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

*gently nudges everyone back toward the thread topic*
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 26, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't really care either way about 3D or 2D VotDT at this point. it is what it is and everyone has the choice (thankfully) to see it in either form! so I will see it in 2D and be happy! :ymhug:
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby meldred » Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am

From a personal stand-point, I'm only slightly interested in a 3D version.
From a support the film angle, I'm very excited that my second viewing can be a different experience.
From a marketing view, I agree that VDT might get lost in the list of other 3D movies, AND it will help to drive second and third viewings on the big screen.

Overall, very happy to have the 3D version!
Lost in the woods and weary he looked into the night sky and a voice spoke to him, "As long as the moon shines, I will be with you. The day the moon no longer shines, you will be with Me."
meldred
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Apr 29, 2010 11:25 am

Just watched my second 3D movie 'How To Train Your Dragon' and I was again happy for the experience. So ya, looks like I will be seeing VDT for sure in 3D, but I will probably still have to see it 2D first so that I wont be underwhelmed by the 2D version if I watch it in 3D first. :D
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Atarah » Apr 29, 2010 8:54 pm

3D gives me a headache. I still plan on going to VDT on opening day as it's my favorite of the seven books. But if there's a 2D viewing option at the theater in Springfield, MO, I'm taking it, regardless of what my fellow Evangel Narnia lovers do. If there's not, I'll tough out the 3D. Seeing my favorite book brought to life is worth the ensuing migraine.

That said, I found this article written by someone who, unlike those irritating 3D glasses, sees eye to eye with me on 3D films: http://www.newsweek.com/id/237110
http://www.persecution.com
http://www.freegao.com
"Jesus, I have no name. Allow me to bear Your name." -Richard Wurmbrand
Atarah
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 04, 2010 3:32 pm

In case people still have problems understanding how 3D works, or if you care to speculate on how 3D will help VDT video sales, or if you are just curious about 3D television sets, I'd highly suggest the 10 part video series I found here:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_352964242_2/177-1758604-6797040?ie=UTF8&node=2248313011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-csm-1&pf_rd_r=0N8SFNVGXSKMCB6B3JNZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1261360422&pf_rd_i=507846
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext