This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan's Farewell Dress

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Susan's Farewell Dress

Postby DeLancey » Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

I know this one was talked about a ton in the old Forum but I'm bring it back up. ;)

I want to make this dress for the VDT premiere since I doubt I will want to make any of Lucy's outfits. I also want to wear it for Halloween this year if I can get it finished.

I'm going fabric shopping on Friday and hoping to find the perfect fabric. For those who have already made this dress, did you find embroidery/printed fabric or draw the designs on yourself?
DeLancey
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Susan's Farewell Dress

Postby SwordMaiden » Sep 16, 2009 9:42 am

Greetings,
ahh....good idea to bring this topic back. :)
I am currently almost done with my version of her dress.

Just need to finish hand sewing all that "gold trim" (silk fabric) around the bodice top edge and the center front. I am about half way there though, so that should count for something.

Does anyone know of some good shoes that would match this dress well?
I'm thinking of recovering a pair, but I'm not sure yet.

For my fabric, it isn't just like the movie, but I liked the fabric and it is a silk taffeta in th same movie colors, but the print it more....I guess you could say the flowers are smaller, but it still works well.

I want to make her purple dress for VDT....my cousin is making Lucy's
SwordMaiden
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DeLancey » Sep 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Sounds gorgeous, SwordMaiden! Do you have any in-progress pictures?

For shoes, I'll probably just find some white flats. Can't find any good pictures of her shoes. :/
DeLancey
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SwordMaiden » Sep 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Well, at this point I don't have any in progress pictures, I wish I had taken some, but this project has been on going (I've been making it between work on weekends) ,but I will take pictures when it is finished... :)

I was thinking of white flats also... so thank you for your idea as well.
SwordMaiden
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DeLancey » Sep 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Here's a question for anybody. Are there closures at the wrist? How does her hand get in and out? I haven't noticed any closures and I've been staring at pictures for hours! But then I just noticed this picture: http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/sc ... 3&pos=3302

Does anyone else see three buttons on the wrist of her left hand? Hmm...

That site has amazing screen caps. This one: http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/sc ... 3&pos=3439 and this one: http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/sc ... 3&pos=3443 clearly show the buttons up the back in case anyone was still on the fence about the back closure.

Mods, it is okay that I link these, isn't it? There was a link to that site on the old forum. If not, then I'm sorry and please take them down.
DeLancey
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SwordMaiden » Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm

oh...good point. I would say that the wrists close with buttons. Or at least, I would guess that...(I actually zoomed in and still framed the movie) and it kind of looked like buttons as you have shown with the still frames here.

Yes, the buttons on the back...I liked the style and how it looked, but for my version I must admit I just did eyelets, :ymblushing: I wanted it to lace up like a corset...so my is very much an inspired by this dress costume.. ;) oh, well...
SwordMaiden
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby ArcherSong » Sep 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Anyone know what kind of fabric is use for her dress? I want to make this dress if I can't find it online, but then again I've search and search. I can't seem to find it. Tips/advice is welcome, since I'm new to this.
ArcherSong
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby stars_daughter17 » Oct 06, 2009 3:11 pm

I love Susan's Farewell Gown! :) It's definitely my favorite that she wears in both the movies!
Narnia Fan For Life
:D I'VE SEEN THE MOVIE!!! :D
stars_daughter17
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Haldir » Oct 19, 2009 9:42 am

Heh, maybe I should go back and consider doing this dress for VDT Release tho' I'm more a Lucy person (lol! Both Susans on both sides of the Causeway is gonna kill me for wanting to do another Susan Dress :p ).

So anyone found a good fabric for the Overdress online yet? I remember someone found a good one but it turned out the wrong color or was ex. or sold out.
Haldir
NarniaWeb Nut