This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Threads, Threads, Everywhere!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Threads, Threads, Everywhere!

Postby stargazer » Apr 01, 2010 11:58 am

We, the Spare Oom moderators, whilst be pleased to consider the thread requests forwarded to us by the gracious Demeter.

The more bountiful the offerings, the more likely the requests are to be granted.

And adding chocolate to your offerings, that she may pass it on to the Spare Oom mods, would not be remiss either.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Libby offers up an offering of 5 chocolate bunnies
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Aslanisthebest » Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

*offers Lindt chocolate (milk, dark, and white), various cereals, swiss milk, and seven tubs of ice cream* for the books thread and my louisa may alcot thread, pretty please with cherries on the top!
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm

i dont' believe it. look at the date people! April 1!
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm

I never trust anything posted on April 1, but it's always fun to see all the switched avatars and names and the threads that have some people extremely worried. ;)

Oh my, what a surprise! How will I ever live without the music threads??? :o
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby MissAravis » Apr 01, 2010 12:33 pm

I could be happy if the only thread on all of NarniaWeb was the favorite music thread :P
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 12:37 pm

^as could i ;) . well, and the town square as well :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 01, 2010 12:49 pm

*graciously receives the Lucky Charms and chocolate bunnies from Liberty Hoffman* Are you asking for one movie thread to discuss all movies, or just for a past movie thread?

*condescends to accept the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lindt chocolate (milk, dark, and white), various cereals, swiss milk, seven tubs of ice cream, and cherries* You are learning, aslanisthebest. I can assure you that your Special Feature will not close quickly and I shall do my uttermost to save the Books thread.

Wise words, wisegazer.

You refuse to believe, Glenstorm the Great? Never forget the great power that the mods hold. And while you're at it, have some cereal.

If you care enough to leave an offering, Queen Susan, you might not have to live without a music thread. Have you eaten any cereal today?

MissAravis, will you rely on others' supplications to save the only thread that makes you happy?

It is one thing to not call upon the mods. It is another to enter into their presence and scorn their power and aid. Be cautious. And do not offend the mods.

(And eat more cereal!)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh, mighty Moddess, I beseech ye for the life of the Books thread. In turn, I promise to create marvelous hats to cover your majestic head. Would you care to glance at a few of my humble designs?

Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Shadowlander » Apr 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, I for one wouldn't mind a totally new thread entitled "From the Desk of Shadowlander", filled with my thoughts and ruminations on everything from comic books to New York strip steaks to why Golden Grahams is the best cereal out there. It would be filled with homespun wisdom, recipes for enlarging foods, diatribes on the history of the Ford Pinto, the awesomeness of porch swings, and all of it loaded to the gills with good, midwestern values. Each day I would give a homily covering a wide variety of diverse topics, sure to keep the unabashed attention of even the most serious and stern forum member. In this way numerous threads could be condensed into my own personal thread. And I promise I'd only make posts in third person (how original is that? eh? B-) )Think of how much space you'd save, mods!

I not only humbly present each mod with a box of Golden Grahams cereal, but also vow to send you each and every free toy that comes included with every box of cereal I open, including the beloved Wacky Wall Walker and the infamous Captain Crunch Decoder Wheel!

*poses heroically, for effect*
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Apr 01, 2010 1:23 pm

No, Demeter! I am all for the changes! Bring on the Narnian NarniaWeb. We don't need so much non-Narnian stuff!

*cheers for change and purging*

EDIT:: *condescends to bring Demeter seven boxes of Cocoa Puffs because she's being nice to the unenlightened NarniaWebbers*
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 1:28 pm

therefore, for the life of the favorite music thread, i offer thee o great and wondorous goddess demeter all the cereal in my cabinet. at least, what's left over after i've finished the cheerio box. would a sacrifice of some delicious Cheryl&Co cookies i received in the mail today be pleasant, or a human sacrifice of my younger sister be acceptable as well? ;) i must say cereal is my favorite breakfast- espcially corn flakes with yogurt :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Indeed, what wondrous hats, Hatter! I shalt accept your offering and petition again for the Books thread.

*receives Shadowlander's Golden Grahams* And toys. No one else has offered to include them, for which I shall look kindly upon you. And for such a novel concept, I cannot refuse to submit it to the mods for their consideration.

I acknowledge both your opinion and your offerings, sweeetlilgurlie. I should warn you, though, that one does not condescend to a mod.

Glenstorm the Great, I shall accept the box of cookies, but it is not wise to offer a mod remnants. The offer of a human sacrifice is noted, but I do not condone the practice as it ultimately benefits my son-in-law of whom I am not fond. I am glad to hear you enjoy cereal so much, though.

Be cautious. Do not offend the mods.

P.S. Eat some more cereal!
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 2:18 pm

pardon me Demeter. Here's a new box of Chocolate and Vanilla Annie's Bunny cereal. And how bout a sacrifice of a dog? They don't have souls and maybe it will turn in to a shrub or apple tree! Or is that only satyrs? :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslanisthebest » Apr 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Demeter wrote:*condescends to accept the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lindt chocolate (milk, dark, and white), various cereals, swiss milk, seven tubs of ice cream, and cherries* You are learning, aslanisthebest. I can assure you that your Special Feature will not close quickly and I shall do my uttermost to save the Books thread.

hurrah, hurrah! thank u, thank u, kind modes! you are indeed the sweetest, most gracious modess ever. i would contribute something in gratitude, but it is not worthy. i am your humble servant.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm

I'd vote for the thread "From the Desk of Shadowlander". :D Sounds like it would a most fun read!

*humbly (or not so humbly) offers gifts of various cereals, both regular and chocolate milk as well as some fresh fruit*

Oh Demeter! Ambassador to the Mods! Please except these gifts that I bring before you in hopes that you will talk the Powers That Be out of this fanciful idea of making the NarniaWeb forum only about Narnia related threads. *gets down on one knee and bows head*

Side note: If we do offend the Mods, will they release the Kraken?
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext