This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Various Vacations: departures and returns

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Various Vacations: departures and returns

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 23, 2010 4:57 am

some bush came in western australia. nanga bush camp, i know the spelling is probalay way off.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Feb 23, 2010 7:37 am

^^cool. well hope you have fun :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 26, 2010 3:43 am

I'm leaving on spring break this afternoon. I'll be gone for a month. I'll be back on March 31st. I'll miss you guys.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenleaf23 » Feb 26, 2010 4:08 pm

I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be gone until April 1st. No exciting trip though, I decided to give up NarniaWeb for lent (and I'm kinda cheating coming in :ymblushing: ) I was spending a little too much time on here, and thought a break was probably needed :ymblushing: . I'll definitely be missing you all! :ymhug: See you April 1st!
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 28, 2010 4:33 am

The internet is what keeps me sane. I would be bored to death with out it. A month off of it i wouldn't last. have a good time both of you.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lark » Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm going to the Monticello tomorrow! :) I'm so excited!
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 10, 2010 10:51 am

hope you guys all have a good time! :D

IlF: I agree. Not to mention, I have alot more friends on here then I do in "real" life :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 220chrisTian » Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm

@greenleaf23: I'm so proud of you! Others have given up Facebook for Lent. :ymhug:

@Glenstorm: find some real-life friends. ;)

I'm leaving Narnia: books, movies, fansites, etc ... for JESUS. I'm no longer a member of most Narnia-related groups and pages on FB. I'm giving my admin-ship of my Narnia prayer group [when someone decides to replace me]. I'm leaving AC news [when Poggin finds a replacement]. And I'm so happy about it! A few days ago, the thought of doing all this would have killed me. :ymblushing:
220chrisTian

Postby NaiadWaker » Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am

I don't think that many people noticed, but I haven't been on in a while because a busy schedule with school and what-not.
I'll be on a lot more often now! So, I'm back from the dark couple months I was gone!
(And what a great to come back, my birthday!)
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 14, 2010 12:19 pm

I was unexpectedly off for a while.....my computer was dead. but I am back! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 14, 2010 12:25 pm

naiadwalker: I noticed you were gone...welcome back! :D

220chrisTian wrote:@Glenstorm: find some real-life friends ;)

people in real life tend to find me..."wierd". But I don't care :p .

I have alot of friends, btw, but I hate talking on the phone and most of them live far away and only have Facebook instead of email...and um I don't have an FB. So I just talk to friends on NW :p :ymhug:
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 220chrisTian » Mar 14, 2010 2:04 pm

@Glenstorm: I haven't met you. Maybe God in His good timing will let me have that pleasure. But surely you're not "weird." You're too nice! :ymhug:

I wasn't sure where to post this. Anyway, I wanted to explain further why I'm leaving Narnia. For me at least, it was a wrong association that drew me away from God rather than to Him. Lust [don't ask] and pride [selfish ambition] were wrapped up in it. Instead of worshipping God, giving Him glory, and seeking Him, I was idolizing [worshipping] a dream -- salvation for Skandar and other Narnia actors. There was nothing wrong with the dream but I wanted it for all the wrong reasons. God in His goodness may return it to me. But I must seek Jesus, put Him first, and desire Him above all others. God has something better for me. I don't know what it is yet. :)

For the past few weeks, I had been asking God for a tower of refuge, one of His names, for the Narnia temptation. Why? "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are saved" [Proverbs 18:10]. Take this literally, folks! Anyway, this is what He gave me: "I am the Lord [Jehovah = self-existent and eternal]. That is My name. My glory I will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" [Isaiah 42:8]. Jehovah is an immutable name. It cannot be given to anyone else. There are no other gods. So why worship them? Why give them honor and glory due only to Jehovah? He alone is worthy! :)

I'm not leaving NW totally. I'll still give prayer updates. I'm not leaving friendships either, just Narnia. So if you want to talk, you still can via messaging or email [pm me for it].

God bless you all! }:D{

PS. I may post something in the CRP and marriage threads later today. ;)
220chrisTian

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 15, 2010 10:14 am

220chrisTian wrote:@Glenstorm: I haven't met you. Maybe God in His good timing will let me have that pleasure. But surely you're not "weird." You're too nice! :ymhug:

aww thanks :ymhug: . You're nice too :)

I'll miss you on NW! I thought about leaving for a while too but I just decided to set aside more time for praying and getting my priorities straight. Will you come back for a time or are you pretty much leaving? :ymhug: :(
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Glenstorm the Great wrote:naiadwalker: I noticed you were gone...welcome back! :D

220chrisTian wrote:@Glenstorm: find some real-life friends ;)

people in real life tend to find me..."wierd". But I don't care :p .

^^ I don't think you are weird, Ali! I know you and I think you are awesome!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm

220chrisTian, I understand that you need to do what you think best for your relationship with God, but I will really miss interacting with you around the forum. :(

I considered giving NW up for lent but I decided to limit my time on it instead. I realized that after Lent I would spend more time on it to get caught up. I have a "schedule" i.e. each day M-F I have to spend at least 5 hours on something constructive (working or household projects) (on the weekends it is 3 hours). Every day, I need to read at least one chapter in the Bible in five different versions and a commentary on that chapter (this is not included in the 5 hours). Most days I also have to fix dinner for my family (which is also not included in the 5 hours). During Lent I added reading a Lenten devotional M-F. Oops, I think I'm a little of subject. :ymblushing:
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby 220chrisTian » Mar 19, 2010 10:58 am

@Pattertwig: I'll miss you too on the forum, but remember: I'm leaving Narnia, not friends. :ymhug:

I wanted to share a little more about what tipped me over the edge regarding leaving Narnia for good. On March 11, I read a Fox news article about the 2005 conversion of "Son of Hamas" Mosab Hassan Yousef. Below is a portion of the article.
JONATHAN HUNT: How difficult a process has this been for you to effectively walk away from your family, leave your home behind? How difficult is that?

MOSAB HASSAN YOUSEF: Taking your skin off your bones, that's what happened. I love my family, they love me. And my little brothers, they’re like my sons. I raised them. Basically, it was the biggest decision in my life. I left everything behind me, not only family. When you decide to convert to Christianity or any other religion from Islam, it's not (enough) to just say goodbye and leave, you know? It's not like that. You're saying goodbye to culture, civilization, traditions, society, family, religion, God — what you thought was God for so many years! So it's not easy. It's very complicated. People think it's that easy, like it doesn't matter. Now I'm here in the U.S. and I got my freedom and it's great, but at the same time, nothing is like family, you know. To lose your family —

Sounds like Eustace, doesn't it? "Taking your skin off your bones." I realized that's what Narnia was to me -- when Jesus should be my skin. This man left everything to follow Jesus. And I asked myself, what have I done? What have I left behind for Jesus? Since December, I'd been promising God I would leave Narnia for Him. But I never really did that. Well, the other week on Facebook, I left most of the Narnia groups and pages I was a member of and I left my Narnia prayer group in the hands of 4 new admins. I realized true renunciation and sacrifice is action, not words. Taking up the cross = a daily choice between my will and God's. Jesus needs to be in His rightful place in my heart and life. He will get me through Jordan. Narnia isn't a problem for many of you because you're sold out to Jesus. You have your priorities straight. Your heart is in the right place. Mine isn't. I want to be sold out to Jesus. I want to love Him and burn for Him and die for Him.

Check out these links:
1 YouTube: "I am"
2 My blog post "Do you want to be radical for Jesus?"
3 Bethany College of Missions ... These are my kind of people!
4 Gospel for Asia
--They have a School of Discipleship in Texas for dedicated single Christians ages 18-25. Check it out!
--Click here to order a FREE copy of the GFA founder's testimony. It's called Revolution in World Missions.
220chrisTian

PreviousNext