This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnian Bargains:

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnian Bargains:

Postby narnia365 » Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am

I'm a Narnia fan, and of course, I'm always looking for something to add to my "Narnia Collection". I was looking on different websites, and I found some great bargains.

1.) The White Witch's Wand: Originally $250, it has now been marked down to $50! This is a replica of the wand from LWW (same size, same everything).
Link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-White-Replica-Master-Replicas/dp/B002M34CJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1258047034&sr=8-1.
Link on the Disney Store: http://www.disneystore.com/last-call-white-witch-wand-prop-replica-by-master-replicas/pdo/1192009/73502/.
I don't know how it looks exactly, but I will soon.

2.) Roar!: A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia is a great family guide (no duh) to Narnia. But, it's also great for Narnia fans. From what I remember, there are some fun things in the book, like "Your a Narnia fan If..." list, and recipes. It's on sale for $1 on Christian Book Distributors:
Link: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=525361&item_code=WW&netp_id=377702&event=EDD&view=details

3.) Also on Christian Book Distributors is The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion for $2. Great deal, and it's a great book to read on a rainy day, or sometime when your bored. Link: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=827874&item_code=WW&netp_id=386020&event=EDD&view=details

4.) Another thing on Christian Book Distributors is The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Movie Tie-In Edition, Hardcover for $4. It's very nice, impressive, and would make a great gift to anyone.
Link: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=793036&item_code=WW&netp_id=464540&event=EDD&view=details

5.) On Amazon, there are mini replicas of Father Christmas' gift to the Pevensies. They have everyone's except for Peter's gift. But hey, it's still cool.
Link to Lucy's Gifts: http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Narnia-Lucys-Gift-Replica/dp/B000TGQYIM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1258048092&sr=8-3
Link to Susan's Gift: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Replicas-Narnia-Susan-92s-Christmas/dp/B000AXZCI2/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b

6.) Some more items on Amazon that might be good for younger readers/fans. First, there's the Prince Caspian pillow (which I personally wouldn't buy, lol...). But I'm sure there is some die-hard fan out there who might buy it for $4.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Chronicles-Narnia-Prince-Caspian/dp/B002HJVXAI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3HSVHQUW8IJJD&s=toys-and-games&qid=1258048941&sr=1-2
Second, there is a Six Piece Set of Narnian Action Figures for $4 too.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Chronicles-Narnia-Caspian-Figurine/dp/B002R818WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3HSVHQUW8IJJD&s=toys-and-games&qid=1258048941&sr=1-1

7.) If you are into visual effects and Narnia, this is your book: The Crafting of Narnia: The Art, Creatures, and Weapons from Weta Workshop. Originally $35, it is now $14. Slightly pricey, but better. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Crafting-Narnia-Creatures-Weapons-Workshop/dp/B001O9CDDS/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Just a note about anything on Amazon: make sure you check where it ships from, because if it is somewhere besides Amazon, the shipping will cost money, even if it runs over $25.
Well, happy shopping! I hope you find something you like.
narnia365
"We have to travel to another dimension to rescue his father."
"That is so Narnia! Can I come?"
-Beyond the Reflections Edge, by Bryan Davis
narnia365
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Narnian Bargains:

Postby Griffle » Nov 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Well, thanks! That's what I call bargains! The White Witch's Wand for $50!!
Get it while stock lasts! I bought mine for $99.99 and I thought that was a real bargain, but this is half of that! This is an offer you can't refuse.

I have to say that it's a bit sad that a Limited Edition prop replica of the quality Master Replicas provide failed to sell at the original price, but if there's something we've come to know between this and the failed launch of Weta's miniature helmets line, it's that most of the true Narnia fans of today are more likely to rely on allowance than on a steady income.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnia365 » Nov 12, 2009 5:47 pm

lol, I love what you said about "true Narnia fans of today are more likely to rely on allowance than on a steady income". lol, I love it!!!
Just wondering, what did the White Witch's Wand look like? Was it really glass? Was the metal real? Sorry, I'm just curious. I got one, and I'm slightly impatient to see it. lol... Thanks!
narnia365
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Griffle » Nov 13, 2009 3:17 pm

"The wand features a beautifully polished cast metal handle decorated with intricate patterns and the unmistakable symbol of the White Witch. Each end of this authentic wand is cast in a clear, crystal-like resin, reinforced by a polycarbonate rod. Limited Edition of 2000."

So, it's not glass. I had the good fortune of getting mine in undamaged condition. Hope your's is as well. I don't think it's likely that the crystal-like resin parts will break lightly though.

Here's a Youtube video I made where I show it up close: (Wand segment starts about 1:13 into the video)

Here's a follow up video I made:
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnia365 » Nov 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks for the videos! I'm really excited about getting the wand now. I got Peter's Sword for my 13th birthday, so I can't wait to put them both up on display.
Thanks again!
narnia365
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby icarus » Nov 21, 2009 8:58 am

There's some great bargains on many of the Prince Caspian tie-in books to be had at many of the discount book retailers in the UK. Today in The Works they had the Prince Caspian Movie Companion for £1.99, the Complete Chronicles of Narnia (PC Movie Edition) for £3.99 and a Prince Caspian Sticker book for just 99p.

A few weeks back, i think it was either in The Works, or County Bookstores, they had the Weta Workshop Crafting of Narnia book for just £1.99. Considering how much i paid for that and the PC Movie companion i was actually kind of gutted to see them so cheap, but if anyone out there in the UK hasnt got them, i'd strongly advise getting them - absolutely insane bargains.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Rare PC series 2 figures on ebay

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Nov 22, 2009 9:33 am

There are a bunch of Prince Caspian Series 2 on ebay that are ending in the next twelve hours today (Nov 22).

I havent seen them selling for this low, and as I already have them I thought I would pass this info along. The Bulgy Bear is particuarly fun. When you squeeze his legs together, his paw comes up to his mouth :)

Bulgy Bear
http://cgi.ebay.com/NARNIA-Bulgy-Bear-a ... 53de0942bb

the full list of his items
http://shop.ebay.com/obi-santa/m.html?_ ... &_osacat=0
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AJAiken » Nov 22, 2009 10:48 am

I've seen those too, Icarus. But I bought them all ages ago ... :( Oh well! I have actually bought some as presents for people.

I found some seriously discounted figurines at a discount store a couple of month ago. They were selling them for around £1. Even some supermarkets have a "bargain section" where you can find older toys and books at a much cheaper price. Yeah, it's clear what I'm really doing when I'm supposed to be on my weekly food shop ... :P
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Aravis Narnia » Dec 20, 2009 5:11 pm

I bought a Narnia pop-up book today on sale at Waldenbooks. It includes pop-ups of all 7 books, as well as summaries. I wish they had put Aravis Tarkheena in the HHB one :( Otherwise, they are fantastic and very inclusive- complete with little surprises on the side. It says for kids 5 and up- but I think that a parent can read and show it to kids younger than that and they will still enjoy it :)
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aravis Narnia » Dec 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Two more bargains bought at Waldenbooks:

- Narnia Chronology pop-up book for only $5.00.

- The entire Focus on the Family audiobooks for only $10!!!
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wisewoman » Jan 09, 2010 10:16 am

$10 is a fantastic price for the FotF audiobooks, Aravis! Nice buy :D
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Jan 14, 2010 9:42 am

Since we are talking about bargains, I was wondering where I could find a less expensive wave two series of action figures or a Susan coronation costume from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe . I also was wondering if anyone knew a place where final battle Caspian or Edmund is still sold. They would complete my collection! I also found a less expensive version of Susan's horn on ebay if anybody was interested, I am not sure if it is still there, but it was last time I checked :) !
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Jan 15, 2010 4:49 am

Check out the German eBay site if you're interested in getting a Susan coronation dress from LWW. It's definitely not a bargain at 649.00 EUR, the pattern differs and the colours of the fabrics are a bit off, but it still looks amazing. Link

As for Susan's Horn. I've mentioned this cheap replica before. It doesn't appear to be sold any longer though. Same goes with the Noble Collection horn that is OOP. That's right; You should have gotten it while it was still sold! ;)
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravis Narnia » Feb 26, 2010 5:58 am

Two more bargains found yesterday at Publix:

- a Prince Caspian movie storybook.

- a Prince Caspian reusable sticker book. But this one seems to have storyboards for the stickers- not just character outlines.

Now I wonder which colleague's kids will like them the most :D
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm

As of the time I'm writing, Amazon had both Peter's and Susan's gifts, but Lucy's was unavailable.
The White Witch's wand for $50! Definitely getting that one- hopefully before my birthday! Or on it... :)
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » May 25, 2010 1:01 am

Number 6 was most definitely me ;)

I love my Caspian/Aslan pillow. I'll admit I'm a die-hard fan and proud of it too. Although the fabric is easily breakable I only have it up for show.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Next