This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Acting and Live Theatre.

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Acting and Live Theatre.

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 24, 2010 8:33 pm

I took drama in year 8 but i didn't really enjoy it that much because the same people got to do everything and it got boring.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby ellz_bellz » Jan 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Oooh! Drama! My calling!

Well, I am a principle performer and masterclass member at the Buderim Youth Theatre of Excellence. I take Musical Theatre and Acting classes. I also dance at Andrea Dalton Dance Dynamics (Jazz and advanced Ballet).

I have also been in various productions with the BATs Theatre Company and the Caloundra Chorale and Theatre.

I take drama at school and have the lead in our school Musical.

I have also diected an performed in two short films

Here is a list of my various, erm, performances.

Dracula - Mina Harker
As You Like It (Shakespeare) - Phebe
Mama Mia! - Sophie
The Sleeping Beauty (ballet) - The Lilac fairy
Here Comes the Rain (short film) - Girl on the Farm (not as stupid as it sounds!)

The Silver Sword - Bronia
Summer for Queensland - Director
Vesuvius: The Play - Oatis
Into the Woods - Cinderella
Narnia: The Musical - Susan (How funny!)
Lucky - Schoolgirl soloist

Les Miserables - Urchin Child/Factory Worker/Everything else
The Boyfriend - Maisie
A Midsummer Night's Dream - Puck
Zeig Hail Mein Sausage - Madame Gertrude

The Secret Garden - Mary Lennox
Eurobeat: Almost Eurovison - Greece Soloist/Italy soloist/Ireland soloist
Astro the Fiddle Cat - Marianna

Joseph and the Amazing Technicoloured Dreamcoat - Narrator

The Snow Queen - Gerda

Now, who else thinks that Shakespeare is DEEPLY under appreciated in schools these days?
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Dekkie » Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

*feels slightly intimidated by ellz_bellz's impressive resume* ;)

Time to post about my current theater undertakings!

I'm about a week into the rehearsal's for The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy. It's an absolutely crazy/insane/hilarious/fun kids/youth play about Ann and Andy when they go on an adventure to rescue the "new doll" in the playroom and all the people they meet and things they experience. I happen to be playing the new doll in the playroom, Babette. She's fresh from France (including the accent which is a lot of fun) and has the snobby, "I'm so much better than all of you" attitude (even more fun! :D ). Prince Leonard the Loony Hearted falls in love with her and kidnaps her and takes her off to Loony Land. She obviously isn't too thrilled with this. [-(

Needless to say, this play it just a bunch of crazy ridiculous fun! 8-} I've not been involved in one like this before, and I'm quite enjoying the experience so far. It doesn't hurt that I have several friends involved, including the director and assistant director. Now I just can't wait to start blocking and seeing all the costumes! :D
"Oh telescope, keep an eye on my only hope,
Lest I blink and be swept off the narrow road.
Hercules, you've got nothing to say to me,
'Cause you're not the blinding light that I need.
For He is the saving grace of the Galaxies."
Dekkie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Jan 27, 2010 2:50 pm

I haven't been on this thread in ages!
Dekkie wrote:I'm about a week into the rehearsal's for The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy. It's an absolutely crazy/insane/hilarious/fun kids/youth play about Ann and Andy when they go on an adventure to rescue the "new doll" in the playroom and all the people they meet and things they experience. I happen to be playing the new doll in the playroom, Babette. She's fresh from France (including the accent which is a lot of fun) and has the snobby, "I'm so much better than all of you" attitude (even more fun! :D ). Prince Leonard the Loony Hearted falls in love with her and kidnaps her and takes her off to Loony Land. She obviously isn't too thrilled with this. [-(

That sounds like so much fun Dekkie! I like playing snobby people. Is the accent hard?

ellz-bellz, well, all I can say is: :-o .That is an extremely impressive resume.

Auditions for this semester's production are tomorrow. I can't wait. We're doing Act Three, Scene Five, a story about a group of students rehearsing act 3 scene 5 of Romeo and Juliet. We'll get to do some Shakespeare as well as be modern kids. I hope I get cast, but if not, I'll be on the crew.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby ellz_bellz » Jan 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Hahahahhahah, I am extremely proud of my resume.

Yeah Dekkie, that play sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun. French accents are my absolute favourite!

Oh, and good luck for your audition, daughter of the king! I'm sure you'll do well!

Dekkie wrote:Question for you guys:

Is there any particular role you have dreamed of playing?

I have always wanted to play Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing or Galinda in Wicked.

My favourite role I've ever played, well currently am playing, is Phebe in As You Like It. She falls in love with Ganymede, who is actually a maiden called Rosalind. She has a young man called Silivius pining after her. Its very funny, and its fun to play a romantic lead.
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Dekkie » Jan 30, 2010 10:08 pm

daughter of the King wrote:That sounds like so much fun Dekkie! I like playing snobby people. Is the accent hard?

I run around my house doing different accents all the time, so I've had a little bit of "practice." How accurate said accent is... hehehe... I have no idea. But it "sounds" French, and it's a comedy, so I think I'm good.

Snobby people and evil people are amazing to play! So. Much. Fun. :D

And let us know how your auditions went! They play sounds like a lot of fun!
"Oh telescope, keep an eye on my only hope,
Lest I blink and be swept off the narrow road.
Hercules, you've got nothing to say to me,
'Cause you're not the blinding light that I need.
For He is the saving grace of the Galaxies."
Dekkie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jan 31, 2010 12:31 am

I really enjoyed the acting I've done. I have done very little and feel very intimidated by you all. I've done three Missoula Children's Theatre plays and that's it. MCT basically takes a well known fairy tale and re writes it so it's very different and needs about forty kids in the cast instead of 3 (for instance, if you did the real Hansel and Gretel you need six people: the witch, Hansel, Gretel, mom, and dad).

I acted in Hansel and Gretel where I played a new camper. The campers were basically children that got lost in the wood and the witch found them. I was only in three or four scenes.

I played the lead, Dotty, in Wiz of the West. Dotty was short for Dorothy and it was a Westernized version of the Wizard of Oz. I really liked that one. I was in every scene except one, had a ton of lines, it was more demanding and I loved it way more than I liked being a new camper.

I played Thursday in Robinson Crusoe. Thursday was one of Friday's siblings. (Friday had six siblings, guess their names???). That part was really fun. I liked it really well. It was easier than being Dotty because I had fewer lines but it was still really fun and I was in almost every scene.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby daughter of the King » Jan 31, 2010 12:47 pm

ellz_bellz wrote:Oh, and good luck for your audition, daughter of the king! I'm sure you'll do well!

Thank you! It did go well. It wasn't my greatest performance of all time, but I was pretty satisfied with it. My reading of the Shakespeare lines could have been better, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. The cast list goes up Monday; I can't stand waiting! There are only four girl parts, and there were five girls at the audition, so we'll see what happens.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Destined-To-Reign » Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm

*pokes her head in*
I used to envy the people in this thread who got to post about the plays they were in, but now I finally have a chance! ;))
Two of my siblings and I are currently in a Community Players production of Cheaper by the Dozen. I'm Ernestine, my brother is Frank, and my sister is Lillian.
We're having a ton of fun in our first "real" production, and are drawing into the home stretch. The performances are in 3 weeks, so we-okay, me in particular-are really starting to buckle down and make sure those lines get completely memorized. :P Ernestine co-narrates the play, as well as playing a moderate part, so I have a good many lines. :)
Destined-To-Reign
Moderator Emeritus

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 03, 2010 3:53 am

Thats awsoem but i never could remeber any of the kids names in that movie so i have no idea which oens your talking about.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Destined-To-Reign » Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm

ILF, Ernestine and Frank are the ones who wrote the original book. Ernestine's the second oldest daughter, and Frank's the oldest son. They both have fairly big parts. Lillian is the 4th (?) daughter, and has a smaller part, but still gets to be in a lot of scenes. :)

I'm very excited tonight. I finally have all 3 acts fairly well memorized. !!! :D I'm still going to need a lot of polishing, but I'm so glad to have the bigger part of it off my mind. :) Now I can get completely off book, and work more on the delivery of my lines. :)
Destined-To-Reign
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Shadowlander » Feb 05, 2010 12:11 am

*ponders deeply*

In 6th grade I played the mayor in the classes' production of The Pied Piper. I had only a few lines (kind of surprising since I was the head honcho in town) but my favorite was after the Piper gets rid of all the rats and the town refuses to pay him for his service and the mayor says, "Begone you colorful piece of animated patchwork". That was about as funny as it got. Kind of a morbid tale, really...ok, so the town welched out on their deal with the Piper, but does that really warrant the Piper's stealing all the town's kids? Isn't that kind of overkill? Today we'd look at that as a sort of hostage situation and the FBI would put out an APB on the Pied Piper and he'd be a mega-fugitive and move to Switzerland or Argentina, and Nancy Grace would do this huge expose on him on CNN and at some point Oprah would get involved :-\ . *shrugs* Ah well, my last foray into acting. ;))
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby nip050 » Feb 17, 2010 9:18 am

georgiehenley14 --Wow, that's great. Sharpay would be a great character to be, I know you will and are doing a great job being her.

IloveFauns--I can see how it would get boring after a while.

ellz_bellz-- Okay, you are so awesome, that is a lot of productions to do, it is most definetly your calling.

Dekkie-- French accent, impressive, I love doing accents, There is a play going on right now at the CTC that has french accents in it.

narnianatheart-- That sounds like fun.

Destines_to_Reign-- I actually did too (envy people befoer being in plays). The character you are playing sounds awesome. :D Have fun!! :)

Shadowlander-- Pied Piper sounds great, That is funny. :D

All of you sounds like you are doing a great job in what you do, let's get other people invloved in our Community Theatres', it is great volunteer work. :)
nip050
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Destined-To-Reign » Feb 20, 2010 1:42 pm

So this weekend are our performances of Cheaper by the Dozen. Our first performance, last night, went pretty well; it wasn't flawless, but I think the presentation was good. :D We have another performance tonight, and then one last one tomorrow afternoon.
I was quite nervous last night. My brother and I start out the play with a couple pages' worth of dialogue, and I have the opening line. :P It went very well though, which was a big relief for me.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers for the next two performances, though. :)

Sounds like you had fun playing the mayor, Shadowlander. :P This summer there's going to be a childrens production of The Pied Piper here in town, and my sister might audition for it. :)

EDIT: Our performance tonight went very well, much better than all the other rehearsals and last night's performance. Praise God. :D I'm very stoked now, and looking forward to tomorrow's performance. :)
Destined-To-Reign
Moderator Emeritus

Postby narnianerd » Feb 22, 2010 8:34 am

Drama is one of my strong points, that's why I play goalie in soccer :p

Well I'm currently in the play "Speckled Band" a Sherlock Holmes book turned play in which I play Rodgers, the bad guy's Butler who leaks information and ultimately leads to his bosses demise! :)

Here are some other plays I've done: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever- Charlie, and Camelot- Lancelot's Squire. I've also done tons of church musicals and such.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 25, 2010 5:30 am

I did the lights and stuff for my play in year 8. I only did drama because it was ever that or woodwork, then in year 9 i did computure and art type subjects instead.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext