This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby icarus » Jan 06, 2010 8:26 am

Another fairly interesting extra casting today:

Ron Kelly - Steward
2009 / NARNIA - THE INVISIBLE ARMY / Steward / Dragons Prowl / Dir: Michael Apted

A steward for what i wonder? Somewhere in the real world? On the lone islands perhaps?

note - before anyone asks, yes he is actually an actor, and not just a steward working on the set ;) - he's with the same acting agency as Mirko Grillini and Steven Rooke

http://www.kublerauckland.com/PdfFiles/RonKelly.pdf

*ADDED*
Jayde Heathcote - Female Villager
Jayde had a great week recently on the set of the new Narnia film as a village extra. Jayde is represented by Kayte New (NDS Actors)

2009 / Village extra / Narnia- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. / Warner Brothers Studio

*UPDATED*
John Sayles - U.S. Naval Officer
2009 / Film Extra / The Invisible Army / Michael Apted

2009 / U.S. Naval Officer / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / 20th Century Fox - Michael Apted
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lucy P. » Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I can easily see a steward in Gumpas' royal hall-- not with Ramandu or Coriakin though. They're not so pompous.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Jan 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I've found a couple more agency directories for eCaster profiles which i'm going to do a manual search through. Will probably take me a few days to work through, but it paid off excellently with the EGO Management Directory, so hopefully it will do so again this time.

To start with, another intriguing casting detail...

Shannon Brierley - "Extra in the Rose Garden Scene"
2009 / Extra in the Rose Garden Scene / Narnia- Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

More coming soon hopefully...

ADDED:
Elias Fisher - Dawn Treader Sailor
Narnia , Adventures of the Dawn Treader / Military Sailor / Featured Extra

2009 / Narnian Sailor / Narnia / Michael Apted

Rebecca Law - Female Villager
2009 / Villager Extra / Dragon's Prow - Narnia and the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Alan Ketley - "Home Guard Army Recruit" and "Cyclist"
... Home Guard Army recruit and Cyclist on Narnia: Invisible Army film. Narnia: Invisible Army / Dragons Prow Productions / Australia

Michael Feighan - Bicycle Rider
2009 / Bicycle Rider / Narnia / Dragon`s Prow

We've already had some reports (and even a few photos) indicating that the opening scenes in England would feature some bicycle riders, so that role title probably shouldnt be too much of a surprise.

Leigh Evans - Body Double for Lord Drinian
2009 / Body double to Gary Sweet.. Role of Lord Drinian / 'Chronicles of Narnia.. Voyage Of The Dawn Treader' / John Mahaffie

Interestingly that is the second Body Double for Lord Drinian we've had, though i also went back and updated another guy on page one who was confirmed to be our second Body Double for Eustace, so evidently there is a lot of body doubling going on ;). Also, the John Mahaffie mentioned at the end there was the Second Unit director on Prince Caspian and all three Lord of the Rings movies, so i would assume he is also Second Unit Director for Dawn Treader, even though his IMDB page doesn't say so yet.

Adele Pye - Double/Stand-in for Lucy
2009 / 'Lucy' Picture Double/Stand-in / The Chronicles of Narnia The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Dragons Prow
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Jan 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Rose Garden Scene? Right now I cant think of a single place in the movie where that would be.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Lucy P. » Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

You know that picture of Coriakin's garden with all the crazy bushes? I'll bet that's the rose garden.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Jan 10, 2010 8:07 am

Lucy P. wrote:You know that picture of Coriakin's garden with all the crazy bushes? I'll bet that's the rose garden.

I'd be tempted to agree on the basis that Coriakin's Garden is the only Garden-based scene we know of, and the only one that is in the book. However, the set we saw didn't seem to include any roses (or any other flowers) and i honestly can't think when Coriakin's Garden would require its own specific extras. If she isn't a ship crew member or a Dufflepud who else would be there?

I would probably guess she will in the background of one of the real world scenes. Something tying in with the rumoured University based setting and all the castings for cyclists and such.

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2009/08/sc ... n-treader/
http://www.truck-photos.net/picture/number2475.asp
http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=80943
http://www.wolseley.asn.au/qld/mag/sept-oct-2009.pdf

One new unknown casting for today from StarNow.com.au:

Savannah Pingol - Unknown Role
2009 / Feature Film / "Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" / Extra Role / Dragons Prow Pty Ltd
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lucy P. » Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am

icarus- I read through the last link with interest and then noticed that the report said the name of the film has not been finalized, and that there are 3 chosen names. What other name would they give The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? I don't know what to think.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Keep in mind that link was written back in Oct 2009 when every single filming site had a different name for VDT. Like Dragon's Prow and Invisible Army. As Fox and Walden both have The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader on their sites, it's a pretty safe bet that that's what it'll be called. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Jan 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Random News 1:

A fairly interesting podcast/interview with Morgan Keavney-Rattue, one of the stand-ins/body doubles for Eustace mentioned before on one of the previous pages:

http://www.noosacommunityradio.org/

Random News 2:

From a forum post, via google. I think you need to be from Australia to access the forum, so i can only post what is visible from the google search:

Anybody ever heard of Bettina Management? (Child talent agency) ... One of their clients (well there was a few got roles in the new Narnia movie and one had a main role)

Child Agency? Main Role?..... Gael perhaps?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Jan 20, 2010 1:40 pm

A very interesting couple of updates on Steven Rooke, who was confirmed before (on Mirko Grillini's blog) to be playing a Faun character. Firstly i found this, which seemed to suggest that he may well be playing more than one character in the film...

Speedy Badger Films wrote: We were incredibly lucky to work with Steven Rooke and Alison McKenzie - both very talented performers in their own right. Alison is a talented musical theatre performer and Steven is currently playing multiple characters in Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

http://www.speedybadgerfilms.com/SpeedyBadgerFilms/Quiet__Youll_Wake_Up_The_War_files/Press%20Kit%20(WEB).pdf

Then i went to go look at his resume on his talent agency website to see if it had any further information (it had previously not listed Narnia at all) and indeed it did confirm that he was playing more than 1 role....

Steven Rooke - "Nausus" and "Reepicheep"
2009 / NARNIA - THE INVISIBLE ARMY / Nausus and Reepicheep / Dragons Prow / Dir: Michael Apted

It seems that like "Mentius" in the last movie (a character who was named in Action-Figure form, but never actually referred to onscreen) "Nausus" is also one of the fauns mentioned during the Dancing Lawn scene in the Prince Caspian book:

http://narnia.wikia.com/wiki/Nausus

Prince Caspian. Ch 6 wrote:The Fauns footed it all round Caspian to their reedy pipes. Their strange faces, which seemed mournful and merry all at once, looked into his; dozens of Fauns, Mentius and Obentinus and Dumnus, Voluns, Voltinus, Girbius, Nimienus, Nausus, and Oscuns
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Feb 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Gael aside, the internet has been a little bit lacking on the casting news front recently. I did update and add to some of the previous extras castings in earlier posts, with some new bits and pieces of information, but on the whole there hasn't been anything much to report on.

IMDB did though recently update their casting list with another Dufflepud role, bringing our total number of Dufflepud castings up to four now.

Neil Young - Dufflepud 2
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) (post-production) .... Dufflepud 2

No more information other than that. Obviously IMDB is a user-maintained database so is liable to error, however it doesnt tend to be on minor castings such as that, so i wouldn't really question it. I will see what else there is to be found on him... though its very difficult to google anything, given that he shares his name with the Neil Young.

EDIT: Found some additional agency information on Chris Cruickshanks, whom we already know is playing the self-titled role of "Cruickshanks The Dwarf". He is registered with Gilchrist Casting. Of most interest is that the site has a picture of him without makeup:

Chris Cruickshanks has a feature role in the latest film in the Chronicles of Narnia series, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Chris was on set for three months.

http://www.gilchristcasting.com.au/about.html

http://www.gilchristcasting.com.au/mode ... temId=1934
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Feb 18, 2010 2:00 am

Two more Dawn Treader sailors courtesy of eCaster, which include one of the most humourous interpretations of the movie title ever, and one of the most interesting misspellings of "Telmarine" i've seen yet :)

Victor Leto - Dawn Treader Sailor
Vic spent 3 months on set of Chronicles of Narnia - Revenge of the Dawn Treader as a sailor and 2nd mate. Represented by Gilchrist.

2009 / Sailor on "Dawn Treader" / Narnia 3 "Invisible Army" / Dragons Prow Pty Ltd. / Fox-Warner / Micheal Apted

Although we've had a few people describe themselves as being "First Mates", he is the first to describe himself as a "2nd Mate".

Al Basch - Dawn Treader Sailor
Alex spent 3 months on set as a tallamarine sailor and warrior for the latest feature Chronicles of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn treader.
Represented by Gilchrist Casting.

Also, this guy is not the first person on here to describe his role as "Sailor and Warrior" either.... Hmmm :-?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Feb 21, 2010 6:05 pm

You do such an amazing job finding information, icarus! I'm using some of it in the thread I started for Clues and Evidence (That is as long as you don't mind. I've linked back to the original posts. If you do mind just let me know and I'll remove it. Here is the link if you want to check it out.)
icarus wrote:Two more Dawn Treader sailors courtesy of eCaster, which include one of the most humourous interpretations of the movie title ever, and one of the most interesting misspellings of "Telmarine" i've seen yet :) ...
Although we've had a few people describe themselves as being "First Mates", he is the first to describe himself as a "2nd Mate".
The title is interesting. =)) I wonder where it came from. The spelling of Telmarine is funny too.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby icarus » Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Pattertwigs Pal wrote:[color=#400080]I'm using some of it in the thread I started for Clues and Evidence (That is as long as you don't mind. I've linked back to the original posts. If you do mind just let me know and I'll remove it. Here is the link if you want to check it out.)

Absolutely :). More than welcome to. That is some great work there too by the way Pattertwigs Pal. :ymapplause:

A few brief extras updates and some photos of the cast members courtesy of Narnianos.com

Firstly is the Facebook Fan Page (i.e. his public page, and not his private profile) for Zach Kibria (a Dawn Treader sailor, back on page 3 of this thread i think) who has uploaded some 35 photos of him and his fellow crew members in costume, and secondly via that page, is the Facebook Fan Page for Tony Nixon (Rynelf) who also has a couple of interesting pictures (again, its his public fan page, and not his personal profile).

Zach Kibria - Official Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zack-Kibria/307997083246

Tony Nixon - Official Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Nixo ... 9770632..1

Thanks to Narnianos.com!
http://narnianos.com/blog/2010/02/18/35-novas-fotos-bastidores-vpa/

P.S. I finally got a role title for Ozzie Devrish, who is the very first person on the very first post on this thread - he is playing a Slaver. ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

icarus wrote:Absolutely :). More than welcome to. That is some great work there too by the way Pattertwigs Pal. :ymapplause:
Thanks!
There are some nice pictures on the facebook pages. I wish all of the ones on Zach Kibria's had captions explaining who was in them.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby bkey » Feb 23, 2010 12:04 am

Great find Icarus :ymapplause:

A few things I noticed:
1. In one of the pictures of Cruickshanks the Dwarf,it is in the caption that he is the blacksmith.

2. In the picture of Kibria and Ross Price, Price is called Mr. Fern. I wonder if this is the character's name or just a nickname on set?

3. In one of Mr. Kibria's pictures we can see him and a stand-in for Edmund.

Also I did a little research and matched several of the sailors from the fb photos with their e-caster counterparts
icarus wrote:Zach Kibria - Official Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zack-Kibria/307997083246

Picture 1 (and almost all of them)- Zack Kibria
2- Victor Leto
3&4- Kamran Fulleylove
8- Andre LeRouge
12- Robbie Harrison
13- Boon Thai
14&15- Elias Fisher
21- Cooper Ali Shabazz
25- Ross Price
33- Tony Nixon
34- Arthur Angel

Tony Nixon - Official Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Nixo ... 9770632..1

Mr. Nixon's first picture show him along with Mirko Grillini.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext