This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will and Anna in VotDT?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Will and Anna in VotDT?

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm

I bet they will take maybe 15 minutes..... :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby 2awesomenarnians » Dec 23, 2009 2:30 pm

well I think from the looks of it they are changing EVERYTHING in this movie,I hope it's not a disapointment!~
Peace,Love,NARNIA
2awesomenarnians
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby decarus » Dec 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Forty-five seconds. A guess though, not a bet.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Dec 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Atarah wrote:while Susan gets to go to America with their parents (college hunting, perhaps?). It especially annoys them since their father only recently returned from Europe.

Sorry, but if you read the book the whole point of Susan going with their parents was that she wasn't very academic, and they thought the trip would help her more socially. It certainly wasn't normal for English girls to travel across the Atlantic to go to university, and Susan doesn't seem to be going to university anyway (sorry but English universities were considered better, especially Oxford and Cambridge). Peter, on the other hand, is intended for a university education, and was having tutoring from Prof Kirke who now lived in a small house and had only room for one visitor.

Their father's previous location isn't specified. English servicemen were in many parts of the world during WW2 (mine was in India and other parts of Asia). The film-makers of LWW decided that their dad was "fighting in the war" - but they never established that he was out of Britain (my aunt met her husband at a base in England to do with communications).

By VDT Lewis has Mr Pevensie presumably back at his university teaching job, and going to America for the summer lecturing task. We think Lewis didn't match the years/timing correctly, since he referred to their time in Narnia as "long ago in the war years". And yet his timeline and evidence from the books shows it was only a year after PC.

I'll be interested to see how the film-makers have reconciled all this! :)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 26, 2009 7:57 am

coracle: I hadn't thought of that! it will be interesting to see if what they will do to explain that whole part of the book! I hope they don't make it TOO long..... :)
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Hefziba » Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

I totally agree with Rilian. And I trully expect this happens. This will not be a bad scene, because it's faithful to the book, and it'll make people understand better why Ed and Lu are at their cousin's house.
Hefziba
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Dec 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Bookwyrm wrote:Heh, anyone want to take bets on how much screentime is going to be wasted on an unnecessary Peter and Susan cameo?

This is not a bet, but I would guess somewhere close to three minutes. While this is not actually necessary, I would not consider it wasted screentime - that is as long as it's not too long. Three minutes would be just fine with me.

Coracle, you are so right. I am very curious about how much time the film makers will decide has passed for the Pevensies since PC. Georgie/Lucy looks so much older. Will that effect their decision? And will they change how much time has passed in Narnia from three years to some other length length of time? Oh, well. Those are all discussions for a different topic.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 31, 2009 7:45 pm

seeing that Peter will have a stand in makes me wonder: how long will his part be that he would need a stand in? how long will they make that part?
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby -centaur- » Jan 01, 2010 7:17 pm

I would not be surprised, and would actually like it, if, at the beginning, there was a scene in which all the children were at the train station with the parents. Peter is on his way to Kirke's and L&E are going to the house of the record stinker, and Susan and the parents are seeing them off.
-centaur-
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Katana » Jan 04, 2010 12:51 am

First of all I think that if they actually added Peter into the storyline, well that would be one of th most horrid, idiotic things ever done to a movie especially one as special as Voyage of the Dawn Treader (or Narnia in general) Usually stand-ins are used only for thechnical purposes to bad they cant use Will (in a red carpet interview he said he already had plans for after Prince Caspien....he was going to be in an English movie called Iron Clad which is about the Magna Carta) Maybe he is just going to be used for flashbacks and such...but then why not just use clips form the movie.....I dont know but they better not mess everything up.

-Katana
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby RevelinginWonder » Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm

I had heard that too, and I think it would be wonderful. It wouldn't surprise me!

Thank you to Djaq for the marvelous signature!

NWeb siblings: pogginfan and Windsong!
RevelinginWonder
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

I am hoping for Peter to be in VotDT.....as long as it doesn't mess up the story! Susan too...... :)
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 15, 2010 3:58 pm

If they are shown at all it may only be for a few seconds to a minute in the movie. 15 minutes is too much film to use for the beginning. The movie needs to take off before that point.

Since there was a stand in for Peter. My guess is that he'll be very far away with his back turned hugging someone before getting on a train. Same thing will probably go for Susan or maybe not. We'll see.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady of the Narnians » Jan 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Well,
If they did come back I wouldn't be suprised. For three reasons. 1: Susan is suposed to be in the magical book that Lucy opens in the magician study. 2: Peter and Susan could come back in the end so that Lucy and Edmund could tell them what happend. 3: I wouldn't worry about it in the first place because it is a rumor not a fact. :|
A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia
Lady of the Narnians
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Peters_4eva » Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

I could care less about Susan, butI really hope Peter makes a cameo. I suppose you can't have one without the other. Anyways, as for when they'll appear everybody thinks at the beginning. I think that would make sense, but what if at the end, it shows Peter coming home and comforting Ed and Lucy on not being able to go back? Just a thought. I love Will Moseley, so this would make me very happy! But, yes I think a cameo by them at either end would fit the movie nicely. However, even though Peter's my favorite, as my name implies, I think they should follow the book and not ave Peter and Susan in Narnia while I can't see why they would- it would contridictory to the film version of Prince Caspian, where it also states they can't return to Narnia.
Peters_4eva
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Peters_4eva: what we mean by having Peter in Narnia is that we hope he will be in the beggining of the story before Edmund, Eustace, and Lucy get into Narnia!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

PreviousNext