This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Cleander » Apr 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Well, lockdown has broadened my gaming horizons a bit... I just got Mount and Blade: Warband and played for the first time today!
The graphics aren't impressive, but it's from 2007, so I'm not expecting much in that department. But the combat is very realistic and the buildings,weapons and clothing look like they were pulled right out of the actual Middle Ages, despite the game being set in a fantasy universe. I feel like it provides a cool insight into the experience of fighting in a dense crowd: something other games I've played tend to lack. By far the most realistic medieval combat game I've ever played!
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » May 06, 2020 12:18 pm

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before but it's really cute.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SnowAngel » May 09, 2020 11:49 am

My little brother and I played through Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive, and Call of Duty 2 earlier this year. Lately he's been playing Battlefield 2 on my computer, I've just been watching him.

The next time my older brother visits, he is going to bring his Xbox One that he no longer uses. :D And he going to bring Call of Duty 3, which I don't have, but had come very close to buying. I'm not sure what other games he still has for it besides the Halo collection, but most of my Xbox 360 games will work with the Xbox One. B-)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 25, 2020 4:30 pm

I find it hard to believe I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online for a few months now. Anyone else on NarniaWeb play that game? Believe it or not, it is actually helping me to connect with Tolkien’s source material, and that is a compliment to any adaptation.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » May 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Back in the day wolfloversk and AstroWolf were pretty hard core into LotRO. I don't know if they're still playing or not.

My sister let me borrow her copy of Pokemon Sword. I'm trying to do a speed run through it to get my own Zacian (legendary) to complete my set on Shield before the expansion comes out at the end of June.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Previous