This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Apr 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Justin of Archenland wrote:Is there a reason for not reading much in Korean, or has it just not happened as often as you had hoped? I'd assume there are some amazing Korean works out there!

Mostly because I'm better at speaking and understanding. I didn't really cultivate my reading skills when I was younger, and I didn't have access to many Korean books then. Lately, though, I've been trying to improve my language skills by developing a more robust vocabulary and studying a bit of grammar when I have time. I've been reading from my Korean Bible and some devotional books lately, so my reading skills have definitely improved!

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Carley » May 07, 2020 5:16 pm

I've been visiting this website for a while, and I have finally decided to join the forum. So...

1. Name (please avoid your real name): Carley

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: A friend told me about NarniaWeb three years ago.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I believe I was 13.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Once, but I hope to change that soon.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Of course I love them all, but I particularly like "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Horse and His Boy".

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to read books, watch movies, study ancient history, and learn how movies are made.
Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight
Carley
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » May 07, 2020 7:02 pm

Welcome, Carley! Hope you will really enjoy this forum, getting to know new people and sharing your love of the books.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Courtenay » May 08, 2020 1:18 am

Hello and welcome, Carley! :D Good to meet you and I hope you enjoy the discussions here!
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Carley » May 08, 2020 5:50 am

Thanks, coracle and Courtenay! :) I am so excited to be a part of this amazing community.
Carley
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 08, 2020 11:14 am

Welcome to the forum, Carley! :-h It took me a while to join after discovering the site, too, but I'm sure glad I did! I hope you enjoy exploring all the discussions. Between books and movies and ancient history, it sounds like you have a lot of interests that jive well with our community! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Carley » May 09, 2020 10:03 am

Thank you, Rose-Tree! I really appreciate that! By the way, I like your username. :)
Carley
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » May 11, 2020 8:20 am

Hi, Carley, and welcome to NarniaWeb's forum! As Rose mentioned, from your interests, you will fit right in. We are really glad you're here. :)
johobbit

Postby Carley » May 11, 2020 9:31 am

Thanks, johobbit! I'm so glad I decided to join. :)
Carley
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » May 12, 2020 9:50 am

Welcome Carley! Glad to have you here.
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby rollinstoned348 » May 23, 2020 10:09 am

Hiii, new here. sooo...

1. Name: RollinStoned348. just call me Stoned or something. I don't get stoned though as i don't smoke lol
2. King or Queen of Narnia: King
3. Family: Single
4. Occupation: Writer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From google and being a fan of CS Lewis.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Quite young, i do remember having the books as a child but i came to appreciate them again as an adult.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: As many times as i can recall lol
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Magicians Nephew as i love magic rings ;)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Well i don't think there's anything of interest to say. I enjoy reading, writing and listening to music. Written out it can seem quite narrow but the possibilities of literacy genre and music genre is limitless. I am quite the fan of the Rolling Stones!!!
It's great to be here. It's great to be anywhere.
rollinstoned348
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, rollinstoned348. :-h I enjoy some of The Rolling Stones' songs as well; Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" too, for that matter. ;)) Lots of readers, writers, and music lovers here on NarniaWeb! I hope you enjoy exploring the discussions. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby rollinstoned348 » May 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Like a rolling stone... a complete unknown....

thank you for the welcome.
It's great to be here. It's great to be anywhere.
rollinstoned348
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Courtenay » May 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Welcome, rollinstoned348! Hope you enjoy the forum — just so long as you don't want to paint it black... :D ;)
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sun-muffin » May 26, 2020 8:50 pm

New kid on the block here, so it’s my turn!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Sun-muffin, named after a little puppy statue my sister bought.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: House cleaner
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Searching for information about the logos theatre Narnia productions.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was eight when my dad first read them to us.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Read: at least ten times, maybe more. Listened to the audio drama: probably the same.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Horse and his boy, silver chair close second
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I used to own a horse, I love baking and embroidery, and I’m about to go to college for fashion design. Music is fantastic, and soundtracks are some of my favs.
Sun-muffin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » May 27, 2020 8:24 am

Sun-muffin, a hearty welcome to NarniaWeb! :) And what a cute username. ;))

I'm with you in your favourite of the Chronicles, although with me it's probably TSC first, then THaHB a close second. ;)) 'Tis odd that I did not care as much for THaHB when I was a child ('though I still really liked it), but as I grew well into adulthood, I appreciated the depth of that tale so much more.

Indeed, aren't the audio dramas fabulous?!! :D I become so involved in them that 'woe betide' anyone who dares interrupt. :P

That is cool you used to own a horse! Might you have one again someday, do you think? Starkat, one of the mods here, has a passion for horses too. :)

Agreed that music is so wonderful. I didn't really think much about soundtracks until The Fellowship of the Ring was first released, and then it hit me how amazing they can be!

Re your interests, we do have a Food Discussion topic. And there is a Favorite Music thread, in case you are interested. :)

There used to be a fashion thread here, but I think it has been quiet for ages. :P I can try and find it. ... Aha, found it!, although it hasn't been active since late 2016. :P

We are glad you're here. Enjoy the discussions! :)
johobbit

PreviousNext