This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Town Square II

Postby ceppault » Mar 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Stopping by to express how much I miss those days here in Ditto Town. Comforting to know it is still here! That and Gorse would appreciate a visit from his old friend now and then.

Current events have kept me busy enough at work, yet not in an unbearable way.

Trusting everyone is well!

:ymhug:
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ryadian » Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Good to see you, ceppault! :) I'm definitely keeping you in mind during these current events. :ymhug: But yes, the Square has been a bit slower of late, but now more than ever, I appreciate the place to visit with some of my favorite people. :)

It's been warming up, so I might have to talk a walk tonight. I know I'm not the only person in my housing complex to take advantage. ;)) I'm hoping that I can finish my walk before it gets too dark, and get some writing done (I know that the time of day doesn't affect my ability to write, but I just like writing better when I can see sunshine).

I was thinking of getting my walk in earlier, but my sister texted to let me know that my nephew wanted to talk to me on the phone, and... well, I couldn't exactly say no to that! :P (Why couldn't I walk and talk? I thought he might want a video call, since that's what we've been doing lately.) He's 7 now, and has recently begun to play Minecraft extensively. I'm not that good at Minecraft, but now he knows I'll play with him and talk to him about it, so it's nice to have that connection with him. Plus, I do find the game fun, just not by myself. So, it's a win-win!
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am

Great to see you here, ceppault! These are unusual times indeed, and I've been thinking of you and others I know who are first responders or medical professionals.

It has been fun keeping in touch with friends via video chat (like Rya's niece and nephew) or just on the phone (like my mother, who is in a locked-down skilled nursing facility in one of the virus hot spots. Thankfully, she and others nearby remain well).

Spring is ready to burst forth here, despite occasional attempts by winter to hang on. Soon all will be green, which is quite pretty.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby johobbit » Apr 01, 2020 8:23 am

So lovely that you dropped by, ceppault! :D

*waves to Rya and stargazer, as well* :) :)

stargazer wrote: These are unusual times indeed, and I've been thinking of you and others I know who are first responders or medical professionals.

Hear-hear, indeed. Thank you for your dedicated work in this area, cep. :ymhug:

Sure glad you can video chat with your mother, stargazer. What a blessing that is, especially in a time such as this. Thankful she (and others there) are well.

Re walks, Rya, I hope you can get out on them periodically. So refreshing. My best time of day is very early in the morning, so this a.m., for example, I walked from 6 to 7:20, and witnessed a most beautiful dawn and sunrise over the rolling farm fields. I gave thanks to God for this glory: even in the midst of the pandemic crisis, He is Lord.

I have been enjoying Andrew Peterson's reading of the first book of his Wingfeather Saga every night at 7 (Central time) on his Facebook page. And then, once a week, we treasure being part of the Getty family hymn singalong—every Tuesday evening at 7:15 (Central, again). Both online events are about a half hour long, 'though next week the Gettys are doing a special Easter hymn sing, so I am counting the days until that evening. It's just them and 3 of their 4 girls (the 4th is already in bed), singing around their piano, so it's very casual and wonderfully meaningful, as thousands around the world join in song-praise from their homes.
johobbit

Postby Ryadian » Apr 12, 2020 8:43 pm

johobbit wrote:Re walks, Rya, I hope you can get out on them periodically. So refreshing. My best time of day is very early in the morning, so this a.m., for example, I walked from 6 to 7:20, and witnessed a most beautiful dawn and sunrise over the rolling farm fields. I gave thanks to God for this glory: even in the midst of the pandemic crisis, He is Lord.

That must've been beautiful to watch. :) My grand plan has been to go on a walk right after work each night (if I go too much later the sun will start setting), but I've found that I often arrange to meet people online shortly after work, so that hasn't worked out as well as I'd like. ;)) Plus the nice weather hasn't held as much as I'd like, unfortunately.

Oh, the Getty hymn sing sounds wonderful! There are so many things like this happening that I hope continue even after the stay at home orders are lifted. I know some of these people simply won't have time once they can start making engagements again, but still. So grateful that technology allows us to continue sharing things like this.

I've been considering doing some serious spring cleaning now that I'm stuck at home, but there have been a couple of hurdles. One, finding the motivation to make one room a mess so I can clean another - when I'm going to be stuck in that house for a while - is hard. ;)) Secondly, I keep finding out all the cleaning supplies I don't have right now. For example, I'm out of vacuum bags, and the ones I ordered won't be here until May! I may have to find a store that carries them and just have two sets of vacuum bags once my original order arrives. ;))
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Previous