This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

Postby SnowAngel » Aug 07, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm totally a Missouri girl, Geekicheep! (Welcome to NarniaWeb!) I grew up watching the Kansas City teams (the Chiefs and the Royals), as a young teen I started watching the Mizzou Tigers, a few years after that we moved and got FSMW and with it nearly every Cardinals game, and then more recently after that football team departed St. Louis and I decided to start watching the Blues whenever I could. As a kid I went to a college hockey game with my dad and siblings and I did not enjoy it, but when I started watching the Blues a few years ago I found I actually enjoy watching hockey. :D That's the story of SnowAngel the sports fan. :)

Yeah, worst to first teams are such fun to see, love rooting for the underdog. :)

Just a few more week until college football returns. :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 30, 2019 11:31 am

Hey SnowAngel, sorry I didn't see your response, and thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Yes, college football is upon us! I come from a strong FSU family, though personally I don't give a fumble about football. But I absolutely love this time of year, because no matter who your team is, watching the big game brings people together. Even people who are too busy counting down to hockey season (like me :D ) can have a great time with friends and/or family rooting for the home team. So whoever your team may be (sorry I don't know MO football), hope you enjoy it too. :)
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Feb 01, 2020 7:14 am

Popping in briefly to say, Go Chiefs!
-from the most un-sports person ever.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 01, 2020 12:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that title would have to go to my sister Scarlet who has a stack of book she plans to be reading during the game tomorrow. :D

I, on the other hand, am very excited to watch the Chiefs in the Super Bowl tomorrow. B-) There has been a lot of excitement around here the last month, my family with except Scarlet really enjoyed watching the Chiefs in the playoffs this year. Both sides of my extended family are Chiefs fans, so I think it might be in the genes which means Scarlet must have gotten skipped and I got her share. ;) Anyway, GO CHIEFS!!! :-bd

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Feb 01, 2020 11:01 pm

I'll reluctantly cheer for the Chiefs, since it has been 50 years since they made it to the big game, and San Francisco has won it several times in that period (unfortunately, the Chiefs beat our hometown team, the Vikings, in that game).

In any event, I hope it's a good, exciting game. I'll be watching with some friends who've hosted Super Bowl parties over the years; it's always a good time.

I've seen some of the commercials that have already been released online, and I thought several were humorous.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Tumnus » Feb 05, 2020 2:30 pm

It was a pretty exciting Super Bowl at least from what I saw, didn't really have a rooting interest but was happy to see a close one with Andy Reid finally getting a championship.

My Narnia obsessed daughter wanted to watch the BBC Miniseries on Sunday so I followed the game on my phone while we watched Caspian, Dawn Treader, and Silver Chair. Even though we've seen them numerous times, I found myself a lot more concerned with Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum's adventure than with the result of a sportsball match. :)
"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia,
Awake.

Love. Think. Speak.

Be Walking Trees

Be Talking Beasts

Be Divine Waters"
-The Magician's Nephew
Tumnus
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Glenwit » Feb 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Sunday night was awesome.

I was rooting for the Chiefs because they were the underdogs, and I always root for the underdog. 21-point comeback in the fourth quarter. Saw that a bunch of people on here were Chiefs fans as well, which made it even cooler for me.
Love can save a life, like music warms the night
Everything is beautiful now
So open up your eyes, fall into the light
Everything is beautiful now
Glenwit
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: In deep space - testing a shared universe portal hypothesis

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Wow, I can't believe I let two whole weeks go by without posting in here...

How about those Chiefs? B-) So crazy that they had to comeback from being down double digits in all three of their playoff games this year, definitely could not count them out of the game at any point. ;)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Previous