This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Birthday - Round Two!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Happy Birthday - Round Two!

Postby mm1991 » Jan 02, 2020 3:25 am

Happy Birthday to fantasia and ILoveFauns!
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Happy birthday to a member not so far from my country - Waggawagga27!

(NZ is in the first time zone, and Australia is not far behind, so Wagga's birthday shows up on here for me before it shows for North Americans).

“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby johobbit » Jan 16, 2020 4:13 pm

So cute, coracle!

wagga, wishing you a delightful birthday. :ymparty: All these years you have been on the forum, and you are still posting as faithfully as ever. Blessings on your day! :ymhug:

Linking to this, as it's quite large.
B-)
johobbit

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Oh, thank you, thank you, both coracle & johobbit. :ymhug: Nothing could be more perfect for my birthday than that Australia shaped cake with the Opera House in it, for Sydney, with the little birds & animals around it. It was nice, too, that it is still my actual birthday at 4.22 in the afternoon. We did go out for lunch with a friend today, but I'll be seeing all my family tomorrow as well.

We even got some more rain overnight & today, though it is tailing off to just the odd drop by now. You should have seen Warren Brown's cartoon in the Daily Telegraph. A drawing of a koala with little flippers on its back paws, goggles & a snorkel. With the single word underneath: Hope. Last night we just sat outside admiring the rain - actual sky water. Even the orange tree, drooping & seedy more & more, despite my trying to keep it supplied with greywater, to supplement the water restrictions, has perked up somewhat.

I also loved johobbit's linked little cakes, all of them so typically Australian. Especially the boomerang & the swaggie's hat. In nine day's time it will be Australia Day, & if I was still any good at cake decorating, these little cakes would also be such a fantastic idea to replicate for an Australia Day party, would you agree?

I'd like to also wish fantasia, IloveFauns (wherever she is), and all the other people with January birthdays a happy birthday as well. :)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby johobbit » Jan 17, 2020 4:28 am

It's funny, because when I was searching for cakes for you, wagga, that one that coracle posted really stood out—so beautifully Australian!

Sounds like you're having some really special birthday gatherings! :D

Oh my, that cartoon caption almost brought me to tears, wow! :ymhug: What a blessing ... rain!

And now, I hope you had a lovely day-after-your-birthday with your family!
:)
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Jan 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Happy belated birthday to wagga!

Love that Australia cake.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Courtenay » Jan 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Wagga! I love that Aussie cake too, but I haven't forgotten you wanted a humungous pav, so... :D

(here's where I got the photo from, if anyone does want to try making it!)

Glad you had a happy day yesterday and hope you have a lovely time with your family — and may the rain keep on coming! :ymapplause:
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Thank you, Stargazer :ymhug: & Courtenay, also. Now I really do have to thank you, Courtenay, for a beautifully humungous pav, nicely decorated up, Australia-shaped style, with all six states, including Tasmania. :ymhug: :D One never should forget Tasmania, or the Tasmanian devils would be after me. ;). Or the Taswegians. :)) I do really like cherries, also. There were blueberries for Western Australia, grapes for South Australia, which has its Barossa Valley vineyards, of course, slices of mango, for Northern Territory, so well-known for its rugged, casual lifestyle, & fierce WWII history.

Queensland seems to have been decorated with pineapple pieces & yes it is surely the home of Golden Circle tinned pineapple pieces, slices & pineapple juice, all staples. Also of sugar refining companies like CSR & Bundaberg, where they still make rum. ;) The thought of Queenslanders being called Banana benders never crossed my mind, did it? =)) There were raspberries for Victoria, & banana slices for New South Wales. I wonder, just a little mischievously, if the original maker of this pav came from either NSW or Victoria? ;;)

Meanwhile, I didn't get a pavlova in reality, even at Christmas, much as I love them. Like other locals, with bigger birthday celebrations, I was taken to a Chinese Restaurant for dinner, & had a rather plainer birthday cake to go with it. Thanks to the rain, we even felt comfortable with the birthday candles lit for such occasions. ;)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby johobbit » Jan 23, 2020 4:43 pm

A hearty Happy Birthday to Grandmama! :ymparty: We really appreciate having you on the forum, and hope you have had a lovely day in every way! :ymhug:

johobbit

Postby Grandmama » Jan 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks, Jo! That is an awesome looking cake!

I'm enjoying having the day off work and doing some sewing.
"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."
Grandmama
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Jan 23, 2020 8:21 pm

What a lovely cake, Grandmama! Does this mean you will accept all our mending and sewing work?
Hope your birthday was splendiferous!! :ymhug:
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby stargazer » Jan 25, 2020 11:40 pm

Glad you enjoyed your birthday, Grandmama!

Jo, that cake is 'sew' appropriate. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby coracle » Jan 29, 2020 9:18 pm

Happy birthday, Movie Aristotle!
Blessings and roars!

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby johobbit » Jan 30, 2020 2:57 pm

;)) stargazer!

Happy Birthday to you, Movie Aristotle! :ymparty: We hope you're having a great day! :D

I looked in vain for an acting cake, given your appreciation of the stage, but too many had an age already on 'le gâteau', so that didn't work. :P

I ended up with a classic Narnia cake, one that I have not posted here in quite awhile:

johobbit

Postby Movie Aristotle » Jan 30, 2020 4:08 pm

It's perfect, Jo! Thanks a bunch! Thanks, Coracle, for the birthday blessing!
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Happy Birthday, Movie Aristotle! :ymparty: :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

PreviousNext