This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Oct 20, 2019 8:32 pm

It's about the only time I do get it turned on.

So I guess I'm stuck? *Sigh* Now to figure out if I should even bother or go back to finishing the guyser. I get so stuck in these areas.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Oct 21, 2019 3:36 am

I had a spare rune for you, too.

In the tower I am up to 4 speed, 60 sync, and 10 siphon. The highest floor I have reached so far is only 12.

When I need to play completely passively, I do some silvering in Tribal Isles. In the tower I need to turn on the fire through the eclipse floors (and then off), as I want double drops of Fragments (and later Cores) - so I mustn't run passively through floor 8.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby starkat » Oct 22, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks Varna. And there goes my attempts...

The Halloween event is live.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Oct 31, 2019 7:39 am

On the subject of the Halloween event, it's been very passive and simple and in the background this year, which is very nice. About the only thing I care about are the Rift Spooky charms which I've been putting to good use! :))

For the Valor Rift, Currently at Speed - 6; Sync - 80; Siphon - 20. My record floor is 27, though I invested a lot of Champion's Fire to reach it (I was trying to get as many Tower Secrets as I possibly could as I was close to an upgrade.)
I just upgraded my speed, so I should get close to floor 27 again. I'd like to upgrade my Sync one last time before I start saving for my first Ultimate Umbra run, but perhaps that's a waste of resources?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Nov 06, 2019 7:56 am

How's everybody else doing in the VRift?

I'm farming for my first Ultimate Umbra. Currently at 45 Fragments and climbing. Going slower than usual because I'm taking out Ghostships at the same time so I have to farm cannonballs. ;))
I assume the "correct" way to do this is to get to Floor 8, catch the Shade of the Eclipse, then exit and do it over and over? It seems much faster this way than continually running up to Floor 24.
I'm also waiting to upgrade Sync to level 6 so I don't use up my supply of Fragments. Hard enough to get up to 75 as it is. :P But is that a mistake? Will I miss those extra 10 hunts on my first Ultimate Umbra? :-??
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Nov 07, 2019 6:23 pm

I'm going a bit slower than you, fantasia. I'm at Speed 5, Sync 70, Siphon 15 and the highest I've reached is floor 19 on my last run. I'm enjoying the area as much as I can. I've become almost 100% passive in my playstyle since changing jobs last year and so I don't get in as many hunts as I used to.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Nov 13, 2019 12:38 pm

After several days of farming, I now have 75 Fragments of the Eclipse and can do my first Ultimate Umbra run.... when I have enough cheese to do so. :P But that doesn't usually take too long to farm. I'm just super excited about finally having enough fragments. Those took a while. I sure hope this Ultimate Umbra drops fragments at a higher rate or else this area will take a long, LONG time to complete. :-o
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 01, 2019 11:12 am

I am now at 6 speed, 80 sync, and 20 siphon. On my previous run I decided to spend 1000 sigils on a double siphon augmentation - I reached 36 floors on that run! I won't repeat it until I'm ready to do my first UU run, which I still need about half the fragments for.

I watched Friday 29th's Feedback Friday today - Dave said that the Great Winter Hunt would probably start on Dec 10, and the Lunar New Year event probably in mid-January.

The GWH would be very similar to last year's event, and there would be just one new event mouse for it. There are enough GWH mice already, more than fifty! It will again be possible to concentrate on groups of mice, making it easier to silver them.

And we can send out Golems again - even to Queso Canyon and to Valour Rift :D
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Dec 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted in here.

Since my previous post I did my first Ultimate Umbra run, I have done multiple regular Tower runs with my record being Floor 53, and now I'm starting my second Ultimate Umbra run.

At the end of this run, I have a decision to make. I will either be able to afford the trap OR I can get the next levels of speed and siphon. I'm leaning towards the latter as my catch rate isn't THAT bad and I think it will help me recoup materials more quickly to get the trap.

I've been spending so much gold on Champion's Fire.... :-ss Should probably stop in case I need it for the GWH.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Dec 08, 2019 9:09 pm

I finally made it to floor 25 on this last run, so now I just have to save up Fragments to activate the Ultimate Umbra. Can't decide whether to *just* save for that or to hit the other upgrades that I'll likely be able to afford first. I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

In the meantime, trying to wait patiently for the Winter Hunt to begin. :-w
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am

I haven't ventured into the Valor rift yet because I don't have the trap. I'm sending my golems there to stock up on supplies though. I'm also sending one to the other rift with the acolyte to get stuff for there too. I've got one golem at 6. One at 4 and one at 2. I'm about up to the end of my first run.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am

Yeah, I'm splitting my golems between the Queso Geyser (which I want supplies for the Egg Hunt) and the Valour Rift.

My golems are at 6,3,2 and I'm getting pretty close to catching my first Shorts-All-Year mouse.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Dec 13, 2019 8:27 pm

How do you use the shorts?

Nice to know I'm relatively on track.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Dec 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I can't remember what the method of decorating was last year, but do you remember decorating your HUD, and with each decoration, you could catch different mice? So I bought the Sports Themed Shorts 8-| 8-} ;)) and now I have snowy slopes on my HUD and can catch all the skiing mice.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Dec 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Maybe I need to update the app. I'm not seeing the shorts on there except in my inventory.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Dec 21, 2019 7:33 pm

It is funny, having three kids who have claimed one snow golem each... you don't get to be as strategic as you'd like because as soon as those golems return, they get rebuilt and sent back out within seconds. :)) I've just settled for sending the golems to the three areas I'm not done with yet: Valour Rift, Queso Geyser (for Egg Hunt supplies), and Prickly Plains (500 Queen Quesada catches).

Anyways, the golems are 10, 9, 9. Still need the Treasure Seeker Base and the Rift Glacier Gatler.

I like the journal theme this year. It has the super cute, happy little snowman on it. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext