Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

Postby Cleander » Sep 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Congrats on the cooling weather, fantasia! :D
I got up this morning and was thrilled to feel ever so slightly cold! :-o Temperatures tend to still be getting up in the 90's now and then around here, but highs are just beginning to drop. Winter is coming! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Summer is having one last gasp here as well, with the last few days approaching 90F/32C and high humidity, with heat index values in the mid-90s (about 35C). It feels like July instead of September, except that the sun is setting shortly after 7pm and some leaves are beginning to change colors.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Today or tomorrow is our Spring Equinox, 22 September, 2019. We did get a nice drop of rain last week, our best rain for months. Unfortunately it didn't put a stop to the drought just yet. There may now be more rain, we hope, though. It will soon be daylight saving as well. Before this rain came, it was getting a bit warmer, but last week minimum temperatures well below normal, & this morning at 6.00 am was quite nippy. Now the weather is nice & mild for Spring, but it won't be long before it warms up. There was a kookaburra laughing this morning. Some wildlife remains around here.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby stargazer » Sep 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Autumn began gloriously here today, with clear skies and comfortable temperatures, a nice break from the recent heat. I celebrated with a campfire and stargazing session at a local park; it was such a nice evening to be outside!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Oct 07, 2019 6:42 pm

The weather now feels like fall here. It's absolutely lovely with highs in the low 70Fs/upper 60Fs. My son, who hates hot weather, is now playing outdoors again (YAY!!!).

But the entire midwest has quite the big winter system bearing down on us towards the end of the week. My location is JUST OUTSIDE the predicted snow line (and even if we did get snow our high that day is in the mid 50Fs so no accumulation). But we will be on the brink of our first freeze overnight with a predicted low of 34F.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby stargazer » Oct 08, 2019 9:10 pm

We're on the east edge of that same storm, and there's talk of rain mixing with snow that could accumulate a little bit. But the Dakotas and Montana sound like the big "winners" with a foot (300mm) or more of the white stuff.

Ahead of that system we have south winds bringing unseasonably warm weather for a few days, with highs reaching a toasty 70F/21C - nice for fall color viewing and just being outside before winter begins.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Oct 09, 2019 11:33 am

This morning as I hustled the kids out the door to go to their gymnastics class, it was raining and 53F. That was a bit of a shock to the system. :))
But the rain has moved to the east now and the sun is out and my girls were outside for quite a while after lunch. It's been great having the kids outside to get some fresh air again. :D Though I think my youngest is going to take after me because she kept telling me she wants it warm again. :)) My other two prefer this cooler Fall weather.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Sounds like all is well with the world weather-wise.

It is raining down here, not for the first time in October. It isn't drought-breaking, but I'm not complaining. [-( I wouldn't dare. :-$ . Though there have been some hot days, & some horrific bushfires up north, the weather has stayed rather cool, for this time of year. Morning temperatures at 6.00 am are about 11 degrees Celsius, though by midday it can be up above 30 degrees. Not today, when the maximum was more like 18 degrees C. We will wait and see what happens.....
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby stargazer » Oct 12, 2019 6:26 pm

We're on the edge of that big storm that dumped tons of snow northwest of here, so we've had scattered snow flurries yesterday and today. There was a dusting on the grass this morning but it soon disappeared. The winds continue, bringing wind chills below 32F/0C.

And many of the trees are still green. ;))
stargazer

Previous