This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby johobbit » Jul 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Will Wise! :-h It is really cool your favourite Chronicle is Prince Caspian. That one does not seem to come up too often on top, and it's great its yours! :D

Just curious: is history your focus in grad school?
johobbit

Postby narnianreturned » Jul 29, 2019 4:52 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Petral.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen.
3. Family (single/married/kids): single.
4. Occupation: student (recently graduated from uni)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: circa 2006-2007, when i was old enough to know how to do stuff (without help) on a computer.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 9.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: several times i guess.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW, PC.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: when the LWW movie came out, 9 year old me was inspired, and had a dream of making movies. for a very long time, i have forgotten my dream. it was until recently when Prince Caspian was shown on TV that i suddenly remember that dream that i have forgotten, and thus i was mortified of myself.
i am now 23, and i am not sure if i can pick up my dream again. but i want to, very much. i am scared, very scared, but i will try to do something about. because i was once a narnian, too.
I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.
narnianreturned
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 31, 2019 9:04 am

A belated welcome to you, Will_Wise and narnianreturned! Glad to have you both here! :-h

Prince Caspian is my favorite Chronicle, too, Will. It doesn't get enough appreciation, I think! :)

narnianreturned, I'm glad that Narnia helped you discover (and rediscover) dreams of working in film! Very cool. :)

Have fun exploring the forum!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 03, 2019 10:55 pm

Hey there!

1. Name: Geekicheep
2. King or Queen of Narnia: King
3. Family: Single
4. Occupation: Software developer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Searching the web for Narnia movie news, a few years after the VDT movie.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I guess 15, but I had read LWW way before that, and I had seen Narnia stuff as far back as the first grade (funny story for another day).
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Once, but I plan to again someday soon. But of course if you count audio books then several times. :)
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Why choose? I love them all! But I realize that's kind of a non-answer, so if I had to pick one I'd go with LWW.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm a writer and blogger. The main themes of my blog are "tech, hockey, and all things geeky" and I have more than a few posts about Narnia. And sometimes, my love of writing and coding come together as text-based games, but I'm not published or anything (yet). I've also written my fair share of fan fiction, but we won't go into that. :)

Anyway, it's great to be here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know NarniaWeb.
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Aug 04, 2019 6:52 am

Welcome to you, narnianreturned and Geekicheep, to NarniaWeb!

I sure hope you can follow your long-anticipated dream of making movies, narnianreturned! Don't give up on this.
:-bd

Geekicheep wrote:Why choose? I love them all!

I know, eh? I think a lot of us feel that way. ;)) :D

We're glad you're both here. B-) B-)
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb forums, Geekicheep! :-h I like your username! Since you're a writer and a hockey fan, I'll point you to Writer's World and the Sports thread here in the Spare Oom in case you'd find those discussions interesting. Have fun exploring the forum, and let us know if you have any questions! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Cool, thank you! I like your username too btw. :)
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby BenTheMagnificent » Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm

1. Name: BenTheMagnificent due to King Peter The Magnificent being my favorite character.
2. King or Queen of Narnia: King
3. Family: Single
4. Occupation: Singer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Searching for Narnia updates on google.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Hmm.. maybe 10??
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: 3 times!
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW has my favorite storyline and the movie made me love the book more. :-bd
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love hot sauce on pretty much everything edible! And I’ve cried once while reading the Chronicles of Narnia - really spoke to me when I was going through a rough season in life. Thankful for C.S. Lewis!
BenTheMagnificent
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Welcome to the forums, BenTheMagnificent! I like Peter a lot, too, especially in LWW. :) I'll share the link to the food discussion thread here in the Spare Oom in case you'd like to share your favorite types of hot sauce; I'm intrigued. ;)) And I'm very glad to hear that CoN was there for you during a challenging period in your life — there is so much comfort and courage to be found in their pages! :)

Enjoy exploring all of the forum discussions, and let us know if you have any questions!
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Aug 21, 2019 8:10 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, BenTheMagnificent! You listed "Singer" as your occupation. I am curious to know more about that ... do you sing professionally? I have had a deep interest in music my entire life, so become rather eager when anyone mentions anything to do with music. ;))

And I’ve cried once while reading the Chronicles of Narnia - really spoke to me when I was going through a rough season in life. Thankful for C.S. Lewis!

Amen! I rather think that more than a few of us can relate. These stories reach so deeply and richly into our experiences, don't they? ♥
johobbit

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Sep 26, 2019 9:44 pm

Name: Arwen_Daeneri31
King or Queen of Narnia? Queen
Family: Single
How you learned about Narniaweb: Saw it on a friend's post on another site.
How old were you when you first read Chronicles of Narnia: I think 8?
How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several and I need to read them again.
Favourite of the Chronicles: LWW and magicians nephew. I love all but those are my top favourite.
Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I am an archaeology student that loves to read and write. I also draw, paint, and work on other crafts if I'm not gaming. I enjoy forum RP. I grew up loving C.S Lewis and Lord of the Rings. Plenty more I could say but this should suffice for now. It's nice to be apart of this community.
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Arwen_Daeneri31! Welcome to the forum. :-h

Sounds like a lot of your interests fit in great with this community. :) We have a thread for video gaming and Writer's World here in the Spare Oom, for instance, and we also have Ditto Town, the section of the forums for chat and roleplay.

Enjoy exploring and let us know if you have any questions! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Sep 27, 2019 1:48 pm

That is brilliant, I also saw you have alot of interesting games. I will have to check those sections out. I am glad to be here, I am a little shy at first before posting. :)
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby johobbit » Sep 30, 2019 8:25 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Arwen_Daeneri31 :D It looks like you have jumped right in to the forum, which is wonderful. Glad you are feeling free to ask questions and be involved. Rose posted those links of especial interest to you, so I will just say that it's great having you here! B-)
johobbit

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Sep 30, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NarnianHobbit » Oct 10, 2019 7:31 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Narnian Hobbit. I also strongly considered going with Valiant Hedgehog.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Once a Queen of Narnia, always a Queen of Narnia.
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single, with a cat and lots of fish.
4. Occupation: I teach Archaeology. (Posting after archaeology student Arwen is pure coincidence!)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: fortunate google search results. I first came across the site many years ago, but rediscovered it just recently through the podcasts, and decided I finally needed in on the conversation!
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I think my first encounter was the BBC Voyage of the Dawn Treader, probably around age 7 or 8. I started reading the books for myself as a teenager.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Many times. Re-reads never get old, but the audiobooks (and radio adaptations) are also frequent companions.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: At the moment, TSC. It usually rotates between VotDT, TSC, and MN, though the real answer is probably "all of them." [The Last Battle is not my favorite book overall, but its ending is likely the most beautiful thing I ever have read or ever will.]
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love reading, listening to baseball games, and playing just about any instrument with strings. My first guitar was named "Caspian."
NarnianHobbit
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext