This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ye Ole Talk Like A Pirate Day

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Ye Ole Talk Like A Pirate Day

Postby OurDLF » Sep 19, 2019 7:03 am

Avast there, me hearties! Today be International Talk Like A Pirate Day once again! Come aboard, and gimme yer best arrrrgh!

DLFearful
First Mate of the dread pirate ship Nostalgia
NWSO Principle 2nd Violin & Founder
Veteran Ditto Fountaineer & Mansionite
Humble Knight of the Order of the Spoiler Free Monasterie (Incorruptus!)
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Ye Ole Talk Like A Pirate Day

Postby aileth » Sep 19, 2019 8:17 am

I once wrote a story called "The True Story of Rapunzel" for a Grade 2 class to illustrate on TLaP Day. It was really the story of a pirate princess named Repelzel. That's as close as I've ever come to celebrating the day.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Re: Ye Ole Talk Like A Pirate Day

Postby Cleander » Sep 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Arr, 'tis nice to see a fellow pirate's face!
The first contact I had with this fine holiday was when my family went to a pirate themed restaurant called The Queen Anne's Revenge (after Blackbeard's flagship)... and we happened by sheer luck to go there on September 19th! As one might imagine, they were feeling a little extra festive there, and they had live music and free eye-patches for all! :ymapplause: Sadly, the place shut down a few years ago, so it was a one-time experience. :(
Since then, it has been me custom to dress up in pirate attire for at least a brief portion of the day. Maybe I'll play some hornpipes later...
And don't forget to check out Long John Silver's freebie today! If ye talk like a pirate, you get a one-piece fish meal. If ye dress like a pirate, you get a two-piece fish meal! If ye smell like a pirate, they'll probably throw you out! :D
'Tis time to splice the mainbrace, lads and lasses! Yo ho ho and a bottle of... :-s ... root beer. :D
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie