This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 30, 2019 11:57 am

I just have to ask, what's this thread about? More importantly, should I be running? =))

Seriously though, the intro post on this thread doesn't say much about the game, apart from that it involves eggs (sounds more like ChickenHunt to me lol). I visited the website, and it was just a login/create account screen. There was no other info.
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Mousehunt is an app/facebook game set in the land of Gnawnia (the name is one of the things that made me start playing). Players hunt mice that are taking over the kingdom. This is done by acquiring various traps and cheeses and a few extra goodies along the way. The eggs mentioned at the start of this topic are from the Easter event where mice often drop eggs that contain various loot.

A LOT of Narniawebbers have been playing it over the years, hence the reason for having its' own thread instead of clogging up the video games thread.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 31, 2019 4:17 am

Sounds like a fun game! I don't do Facebook but I'll definitely have to check out the app. I get what you're saying about the video game thread (and thanks for that cuz I like to post there sometimes, lol). I wonder why that game is so popular with NarniaWebbers.

But anyway, nice to finally "meet you", Dot! I've heard you on the Talking Beasts podcast but didn't know you were a mod here. Thank you for all you and the rest of the NarniaWeb team do for us. I've only been on here a few weeks, but it's been totally awesome!

PS: Gnawnia? Seriously? That is hilarious, but so cheesy... hmmm, is that cheese? Uh-oh, I'd better get out of here. Happy hunting, everyone! :D
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Sep 13, 2019 9:44 am

;)) @ Geekicheep

I've been amused at the new update to the profile/King's Crowns. I'm currently 43 Sandwing Cavalry mice away from a Diamond Crown. And convienently I'm on a map that needs a Caravan Guard. So I'm ticking them off a few at a time. ;)

Actually watched segments of FBF today. Saw lots of spoilers for the up and coming Valor Rift area. It was interesting hearing them talk about some of the issues they've had designing the area. Also interesting was hearing that the area will have the best-in-game Rift trap, the best-in-game base (bye, bye Minotaur Base), and best-in-game Codex (forgot this existed ;)) ).
They also said they hope to get the area out right before Halloween, and then the Halloween event will tie in with the new area so we won't have to leave it right after it opens to go to a different event.

Meanwhile, I'm just continuing to rebuild my gold stockpile, which is going well... back up to almost 40mil gold... and working on maps and other randomness. Will need to get back to Queso Canyon soon to make sure I'm in good position there for any upcoming event season things.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 14, 2019 8:40 am

All is well in MH land...I ended up buying a Rib off the MP; stupid how fast it was once I decided I was going to do that instead of continually farming...ah well.

I'm also an Elder now!

Been working on stocking up on Auras, and also restocking my gold...can't remember the last time I "only" had 22m lol!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » Sep 26, 2019 11:40 am

I'm collecting Rift Distortions in Bristle Woods Rift, and doing very well so far - I've mostly been in Timewarp Chambers since I went in (starting a new run) earlier today, and got 52 Time Sand and 340 Rift Distortions. Perhaps I can try an Acolyte Chamber again without being in any of the usual rooms first?

I'm on a map that still needs the AA. When we've finished it, I might try a run in the Furoma Rift - the top mice there should be good for Distortions, too.

"I caught a 13 oz. Chronomaster Mouse worth 170,000 points and 20,000 gold. The mouse also dropped the following loot: 4 Time Sand, and 17 Rift Distortions."

Which shows that roughly 10,000 points give 1 Distortion. Perhaps the Goliath Field Mouse is worth going back to, too - 119,000 points should give 12 Distortions.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm

I've mostly been ignoring the Rift because I was working on getting the Minotaur base and then switched to Queso Geyser for the past however long it's been because the Labyrinth can get frustrating really fast. Guess it's time to get back to working on those Grand Duchess achievements so I can be at least somewhat farther along when the new location comes out.
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Sep 30, 2019 7:30 am

Dot wrote:because I was working on getting the Minotaur base

Do you have all of the Shiny Precious Gold you need? I have extras and I'm more than happy to share.

I collected my Valor Rift map piece this morning. Ready for the new area. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm

fantasia wrote:Do you have all of the Shiny Precious Gold you need?

Yep, I have six. I think all I have left to get is scholar scrolls and tech power cores.
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Oct 09, 2019 10:28 am

Twenty four hours after the new area was released, I've managed to do one upgrade to my speed and one upgrade to my sync. Currently farming some potions for my next run through the tower and I should make it to floor 8, especially since I made it to floor six last time.

I have mixed feelings about the area in general. I miss having a rift version of all of the mice from the King's Gauntlet. It also seems like an awfully simple area for the first Archduke/Archduchess level. And I personally am not a big fan of the long grind areas, which is what this area is (but everybody else seems to like them as they're passive areas).
On the plus side, I like the artwork a lot. And at this stage in my life I shouldn't be complaining about simplicity because I can actually DO simplicity. :)) And the rewards for completing the area :-o That base....
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Oct 12, 2019 2:06 pm

How's everybody doing in this area?

I'm at Level 3 on Speed and Sync and Level 2 on Siphon, and I think I'm now entering the official grind time because I will need AT LEAST two more tower climbs, more likely three, before I can upgrade Speed or Sync again. And that's just to Level 4, sooooo... gonna be a long grind. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Oct 12, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm a little behind you, fantasia. Just now got Speed to level 3. I wound up buying the rest of the Timesplit Runes I needed to finish the Timesplit Dissonance trap so I'd be fully prepped to enter the VRift. I'm fully prepared to grind it out here since there's not much else for me to do and it's very passive friendly as you said.

I'm enjoying it so far. Just wish I could get all the way to floor 8 in a run. Maybe this go 'round. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Oct 19, 2019 4:55 pm

I need some serious help. I've got zero timesplit runes. I need help and advice on how to get these. Currently Absolute Acolyte Mice caught are 7. Takes me 2-3 weeks to make the rounds for one
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Oct 20, 2019 3:28 pm

When you have caught 10 AA mice, they will give you a different box, and that box is more likely to contain a timesplit rune than the box you are currently getting from them.

(After 100 AA mice there is yet a different box, which will always contain a timesplit rune, but for my own part I don't reckon on ever getting one of those.)

You can also collect clockwork cogs and buy runes with them, but make sure that you keep some of those to buy the trap with, as some of those also are part of the trap cost. I had to do some extra hunting because I had spent them all on runes.
Last edited by Varnafinde on Oct 21, 2019 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: confirmed that the cogs are indeed clockwork cogs - changed chest to box
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby starkat » Oct 20, 2019 5:28 pm

That's just it, it's taking me two weeks to get to one mouse. Another three will take me till Christmas. Is there any strategy I'm missing to shorten the time?
starkat

Postby fantasia » Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm

@Kat, I sent you some spare runes.

One tip that Varna didn't mention, and if you don't already know this....
When you go to catch an AA, make absolutely sure you have your Quantum Quartz turned on, because on the rare occasion that he drops a rune (it's happened to me 2/50 runs) you get a double rune drop.

As for the tower, I am up to 5 speed, 70 sync, and 10 siphon. My highest floor reached so far is 18. Just chugging along here. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext