This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aldrich's IMDb Pro page

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Aldrich's IMDb Pro page

Postby fantasia » Aug 03, 2019 6:44 am

Here's an interesting tidbit for you all to mull over.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/t ... r-08-2019/

Thanks to IMDBpro, we’re able to see the first three Netflix projects involving Narnia via Matthew Alrich’s profile. Here are each of the projects and where they’re reportedly in development:

Untitled Netflix/Chronicles of Narnia Series is reportedly the furthest in development with it entering pre-production reportedly back in October 2018.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew (Treatment stage)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

(Film Treatment Definition for those like me that don't know what that is)

So! Somebody's working on something. But what's most interesting about this, is that to me it implies that LWW, PC, and VDT are going to be a big opening series, followed up with a MN movie and SC movie, with HHB and LB further down the pipe. That's my OPINION, not fact, and remains to be seen.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: Aldrich's IMDb Pro page

Postby narnia fan 7 » Aug 03, 2019 8:52 am

Hmm, I don't think we should take any of this seriously.

The credit for The Silver Chair is just the page for the TriStar movie, which we know was scrapped (not sure why IMDB has Aldrich listed for that.) Also, it looks like the MN is just the page that's been up since like, 2011 when Walden was talking about making it after VDT.

As for the series, I'm pretty sure it's been listed as being in "pre-production" since the Netflix deal was announced. So I'm not sure how accurate that is. It still seems to early for it to be that far along. I mean, at this point Netflix still hasn't announced any specific projects.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Aug 03, 2019 11:30 am

I had that exact thought initially Re: SC and MN. I don't have access to IMDb pro, so I guess I was HOPING and thinking that it might actually be accurate since you have to pay to access that information.

But if you're right, then this thread can just be ignored because there's nothing new to see here. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 03, 2019 11:37 am

The thing that caught my eye in that snippet was how The Magician's Nephew was listed as being in "treatment stage" ... it's possible that designation was leftover from years ago when Walden was trying to move forward with that story after VDT, but if it's not, then it might suggest that MN is the first story that Netflix is adapting (which is completely plausible).
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby narnia fan 7 » Aug 03, 2019 12:40 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:The thing that caught my eye in that snippet was how The Magician's Nephew was listed as being in "treatment stage" ... it's possible that designation was leftover from years ago when Walden was trying to move forward with that story after VDT, but if it's not, then it might suggest that MN is the first story that Netflix is adapting (which is completely plausible).

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix started with MN (actually I'm expecting it.) But I'm 99.9% sure this has nothing to do with Netflix. I remember seeing back in like, 2016 or 17, that IMDB had Mark Gordon listed as producing The Magician's Nephew, and it was also listed as being in the 'treatment staged'.

So, it seems like IMDB has a habit of listing some of the new filmmakers as being involved with failed Narnia projects that have been abandoned, for some reason.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Col Klink » Aug 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Maybe I'm just being cynical but this sound like what someone would put on IMDB based on guesswork rather than because they actually heard it from someone in the know. If they heard that some people were making a Silver Chair movie before, it would be easy for them to assume that that would be one of the first things Netflix would make. And since The Magician's Nephew is the first book chronologically, it'd be even easier for the IMDB poster to automatically assume that's one of the first things Netflix will make.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepicheep775 » Aug 03, 2019 3:29 pm

My guess is that this is a Frankenstein's monster of announced Narnia projects, two of which have been cancelled, compiled by someone who doesn't have any actual knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes. MN is the Walden film, SC is the Joe Johnston film, and the series is the Netflix project.

If not... doing LWW, PC, and VDT as a series followed by MN and SC as films is a solid approach and it would mean that the series that has been announced would be an adaptation of the books and not some sort of spin off. I guess it still could be, but kicking off your shared universe with a spin off series, followed by MN, followed by SC would be a very bizarre strategy. ;))
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Cleander » Aug 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Well, obviously the untitled series is gonna be the "furthest along in development." 8-| Though I doubt it was in preproduction in October 2018.
I'd have to agree that this isn't anything new. A lot of websites are still acting like Joe Johnston's Silver Chair is still happening... which I secretly hope is true, but I seriously doubt.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnia fan 7 » Aug 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Saturday afternoon I took the liberty of submitting edits to IMDB in an attempt to clear this up, and they were approved.

They removed Aldrich's credit for the Silver Chair movie, and it's been replaced with a credit for an Untitled Netflix\Chronicles of Narnia Movie. The credit for Magician's Nephew seems to only appear on IMDBPro, so I wasn't able to submit an edit for that. But at least the rest is fixed, so there's that.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Aug 05, 2019 6:43 pm

*rolls eyes*
Well, I guess that's good to know that IMDb is still just as accurate as ever. I'll keep that in mind going forward.
Thanks for sending that in narnia fan 7!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin