This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Postby Monty Jose » May 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Anfinwen wrote:So, I have another suggestion for King Frank; what about David Tennant? He's older than I thought Frank should be, but to me he has the right look and personality. I feel like he could create a really dimensional and deep character, both before and after the transformation to King of Narnia.

Now that I think of it, Peter Capaldi would make a fabulous Uncle Andrew.

Oh, man, I’m so torn on these suggestions XD mostly because I don’t know if I could separate either of them from Doctor Who. I like both these actors and I really think Capaldi is very capable of playing Uncle Andrew well.

I wouldn’t mind a Viking slant on the Telmarines. I could see someone like Gerard Butler playing Miraz. And I know she’s young-ish, but I could see Karen Gillan as Prunaprismia. And if for some reason they decide to go with a younger Miraz, Jude Law or Luke Evans could also pull it off.
https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/
Monty Jose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » May 18, 2019 1:30 pm

I think Peter Capaldi is good at playing older men with craggy faces - he is only in his 50s you know! And he does wild crazy people pretty well.

David Tenant as Frank? I think his face is too thin, but probably only because the cabby in Pauline Baynes' illustrations is a bit rounder in the face.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby JFG II » May 30, 2019 10:57 am

Dream Cast: Sons of Adam...

No idea yet. Apologies.

Still, I’d like the new young actors to be close to the ages that Lewis suggested in his Narnia timeline (when they are first cast).

I hope that they don’t outgrow their roles after 3 or 4 stories like with the movies (even though television has the inverse: the actors might be too young by the time the series ends...). Still, here are my two cents...

Digory (MN): 12-14 years old

Peter (LWW): 13-15 years old

Edmund (LWW): 10-12 years old

Shasta (HHB): 14-16 years old

Caspian (PC): 15-17 years old

[...He’s 13 in the book. I want an older teen actor here so as to be close in age to Peter (Peter is 14 in the book), and also I want him to reprise his role in the next story, rather than being later replaced by an older actor...]

Eustace (VDT): 9-11 years old

Tirian (LB): 20-22 years old

[...He’s 20-25 in the book, so this works...]
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Cleander » Jul 15, 2019 1:56 pm

How about Adrian Dunbar as Uncle Andrew? He's got the sort of feverish eyes that I always imagine the character having, plus he's played an evil uncle at least once before, to my knowledge...
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenwit » Dec 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Random brainwave I had the other day:

Sullivan Stapleton as Drinian.
Love can save a life, like music warms the night
Everything is beautiful now
So open up your eyes, fall into the light
Glenwit
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: In deep space - testing a shared universe portal hypothesis

Postby aragorn2 » Jan 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Roman Griffith Davis from Jojo Rabbit could make a fantastic Eustace.
He can play brattiness very well, and definitely has the dramatic chops.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenwit » Feb 17, 2020 12:41 pm

I have recently had a hot take on who should play the Professor.

Bear with me on this one - Graham McTavish.
He's Scottish, but is very natural with an English accent. Based on the interviews I've seen him do, he's got that twinkle in his eye and the aura of a storyteller which I've always imagined the professor to have in the book.

He'd be completely believable as someone who had been to a magical world yet was good at keeping it on the DL around people who didn't know - the fine line between seriousness, and remaining a kid at heart, all without being too eccentric. I recently read the professor's closing monologue at the end of LWW in his voice and it fits perfectly.

Yes, he was in the Hobbit. Balin, I think his role was (or was it Dwalin? I get my Middle Earth Dwarves mixed up).
Love can save a life, like music warms the night
So open up your eyes, fall into the light
Glenwit
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: In deep space - testing a shared universe portal hypothesis

Postby Eustace » May 13, 2020 2:06 pm

Anyone for Lewin Lloyd as Eustace? He has less in his portfoilo than other actors that have been named but he seems to have a look that could fit Eustace. Also, since he has been in very little projects up till now, Narnia could easily be his huge break. I like the lesser known actors for Narnia.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous