This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » May 26, 2019 7:19 am

I haven't posted in here in a while, but as I am just starting my first epic eruption (I was stuck in a disappointing Mino run for about a week after the new area released) I was looking for some loot drop rates. Closest I could find was this guy on Reddit, who got 80 Kalor'ignis mice in one run:

https://i.imgur.com/wjJyFOC.jpg

I've got 40 wild tonics, which double the nest drops, so I'm hoping to get 40 wild fire queso to go after him using boss charms (ULC, ULP, ULPC)

We'll see how things go.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » May 26, 2019 10:31 am

Good to see you on here DiGs. :) Just as a quick tip, if you have them, the dragon charms work like a.... charm? ;) possibly even better than the ones you listed.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jun 05, 2019 1:59 pm

I've finished 3 Epic eruptions now, and gotten about half of the trap parts. I've crafted the Hydro trap, but as I've only been in Quero Canyon, I haven't used it yet.

I saw someone posting that he had got 2 ribs, one from the Dragon and one from the Tonic! :-o

The Grand Tour maps have good loot too, and I enjoy hunting on them. I've used half of that million of Bland cheese I got from golems and other event sources, but I don't think I'll need to farm Bland or the lower spice leaves for weeks. Maps and eruptions fill them up.

I can see that doing several eruptions and getting hundreds of the Kalor without getting a single rib must be frustrating, though ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jun 06, 2019 8:36 am

Varnafinde wrote:I can see that doing several eruptions and getting hundreds of the Kalor without getting a single rib must be frustrating, though ...

The one thing in this game I've always had a lot of DLU with, is getting trap parts to drop. But perhaps my luck has come to an end. ;)) I've also completed three runs, and of those three, I've only gotten one Thermal Chisel.
As I have a good supply of cheese with the exception of Wildfire, I may need to make an effort to get a lot of that instead of splitting it 40/40 with Flamin'.
I may also need to make an effort to farm for more of the Grand Tour maps because the supplies from those are really worth it. They're kind of pricey in the Nachore department though.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm

I've always had lousy luck with part drops. I fully expect this area to take me the rest of the year if not longer. I still need to get the trap from the BW Rift. I'll probably stick to bouncing between the two for awhile. Ah well. At least most of the event season is over with and Ronza will likely be sometime this summer.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Jun 19, 2019 9:20 am

Speaking of Ronza.... I was trying to figure out why I was suddenly having Chrome Bits drop. But behold! Ronza cometh.... ;)) Looks like she'll be here on the 25th.
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/newspost. ... ost_id=387
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jun 25, 2019 10:27 am

Ronza's supplies have gotten a little old hat to some extent, but I'm not complaining as it is a fantastic way to stock up on the charms and stuff that she brings back.

Question on the Living Grove base... Anyone know how much of the mold it takes to build the base?

Also, it's nice you don't "have" to use the chrome bits on a voucher.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Jun 26, 2019 12:43 pm

I think that's a new mould of a new type - one mould costs about 3 mil gold, and you need it with the remains of the smashed Soiled Base to craft the Living Grove base.

I think I'll buy tooth parts for all my chrome bits.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Jul 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Just grinding away in the Prickly Plains for cheese. But... I'm wondering if this is the most efficient way to get Kalor'ignis's Rib.

What is the best place to grind for gold? I'm not THAT far away from the current price on the Marketplace and I'm thinking it'd be in my best interest to go that route.

ETA: A rib showed up on the Marketplace for 121,000,000 gold, so I sold lots of Ful'Mina teeth and snagged it. I am now broke and cannot afford the trap *irony* :)) But I do have all the other required ingredients so I'm going to farm gold in the Laby/Zokor for a while. I think the treasury hallways are one of the best places to get money, so I'll give it a shot. We'll see.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jul 23, 2019 8:35 am

Got my first relic theme scrap in forever this morning. Just one more to go and that'll be a very nice thing to check off!

Back to Queso Canyon to see what Big Jaq has to offer. Honestly it doesn't look to be a very big deal, but maybe I'm underestimating how nice her wares are.

ETA: Ok, so large blooming spice plants.... Wow!
11:18 am - Prickly Plains
I received 84 Mild Spice Leaves, 102 Medium Spice Leaves, 72 Hot Spice Leaves, and 46 Flamin' Spice Leaves from 5 Large Blooming Spice Plants.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jul 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Congratulations on the rib. I've got one last regular trap to get. Then I can worry about the rib. The spice plants are cool. I don't have a lot of wild tonic right now.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Jul 29, 2019 6:26 am

Thanks Kat :)

I think I have maxed out on goodness from Big Jaq. I don't want to spend any more Wild Tonic on her supplies, or SB+/Magic Essence for that matter. But that was very nice of the Devs to send her our way to recoup some of the supplies spent hunting the mice there.

I'm almost up to 10mil gold again. :) 11.5mil and I'll be halfway there with the gold I need to get the final trap. As for the other three, as they're on par with the School of Sharks, Chrome Sphynx, and Chrome Monstrobot, I'm going to hold off getting them for the moment. However, I do have the supplies for the Queso Fount and Gouging Geyser, as well as 2/3 Geyser Smolder Stones for the Smoldering Stone Sentinel trap.

I'm very close to being done with this region. Just need to get the supplies on hand, as well as a good supply of all the different kinds of cheese ready for the Egg Hunt in the spring, as well as treasure maps. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 04, 2019 5:19 pm

I've bought some leaves with Magic essences, but I don't have enough Bland Queso to buy spice plants (other than one or two of each when they first came). I've bought Wild Tonic to get double sets of kegs (and using it on the eruptions at the same time) - I really need the Bland Queso.

I have Tungsten for one or two more Epic eruptions, but there's no real need to use lots of Wildfire for them, as I now have all the traps. (Great that you managed to find a rib, fantasia! :ymapplause: ) I'm tempted to go for Queen Quesada for a while - her Unstable Ember Gadgets can give large amounts of Bland cheese, if you're lucky.

Selling my rib and waiting for the price to go down enough to buy it back, would have given me more gold - but I couldn't be sure when the price would go down, and as it is, I have been able to use the better trap for all this time. So I'm quite satisfied with the choice I made, after all.

(I wouldn't mind finding a second rib to sell, though. :p )
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I am now the proud owner of my own Dragon Slayer Cannon (yay!) so i can check that off the list.
And I will now be farming lots and lots of gold to get back up to where I was before. ;)) That might take a while as I was over 100mil gold and now have 1.9 mil gold. Haha!
I will say this though, it really hurt to smash my Chrome Dragon Slayer trap.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Aug 17, 2019 7:57 pm

I've been playing pretty passively...been mostly in Queso Canyon working on trying to get that dang Rib...and then one day I did the math and realized that with all the gold I've been spending on tonic/dust, I could have straight up bought a rib ages ago. ;)) It's ok, the hunting has been fun, lol. But I've officially switched gears and now I'm farming gold/selling excess stuff so I can just buy a rib and be done well before event season starts.

I'm also veeeerrry close to Elder! About 2% left I think. Should be there very soon.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Today I caught my first Mobster! :-o

I guess it's because of the Luck Event - now I only hope there might be lucky drops of Leps as well :p

I've been working on silvering some Tribal Isles mice, and then I do Queso Treasure Maps in between. I hope to get a gold crown for the Queen Quesada eventually.
Varnafinde

PreviousNext