This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Risk

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia Risk

Postby Cleander » May 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Does anybody know if a Narnia-themed version of the board game Risk exists? I seem to recall hearing of one but I've never found it online...
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Narnia Risk

Postby coracle » May 31, 2019 6:00 am

I have Narnia Monopoly but haven't heard of Narnia Risk.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Meltintalle » May 31, 2019 6:31 am

I've seen Narnia Stratego, but not Narnia Risk. (Are there enough named countries for Risk??)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Cleander » May 31, 2019 7:33 am

Well, there's four on the continent, and then you're pretty much left with all the island nations. (So a lot of sea routes involved here :ar! ).
I was aware of the Monopoly and Stratego versions, but I just have it stuck in my head that there's a Risk version. :-??
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Reepi » Jun 01, 2019 1:24 am

Yes, Narnia risk exists, but it only came out in Europe:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/57/b7/ab/57b7ab147255e7dda59f5518415a7ed2.jpg
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Cleander » Jun 02, 2019 3:08 pm

So cool! Though it looks like it's just for the LWW movie, so it doesn't have any other countries. The territories are just places in Narnia, like the Dancing Lawn, Lantern Waste, etc. The map actually looks like the one on my extended edition case for the DVD.
Thanks for telling me! Do you know if it's being sold online anywhere?
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Reepi » Jun 03, 2019 2:14 am

Cleander wrote:Thanks for telling me! Do you know if it's being sold online anywhere?

It came out with the first movie, so it's pretty old by now. Looks like you can still get it from eBay if you don't mind importing it from the UK, though.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 03, 2019 11:33 pm

I own the Narnia Stratego game, but would absolutely love to see Narnia Risk! But since there doesn't seem to be such a thing outside the UK, and even that is probably hard to find, I do have a suggestion: you could make your own. I understand this thread is asking about a version you can just buy, but if you're willing to get creative it could be a lot of fun! I actually made one as a kid, so it's definitely doable. If anyone's interested in how that worked, send me a PM and I'll tell you more about how it worked. But for now I'll leave it at that.

But anyway, now that I'm a grown-up (sort of) and a programmer, this thread has seriously got me thinking... maybe I could build one as a computer game. There's something almost magical about a good old-fashioned board game, but these days most people who create games are geeks like me who put them online. What do you think?
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Cleander » Aug 04, 2019 4:23 pm

That's an awesome idea! I wouldn't mind it being a computer game so long as it was Narnia! ;;) I was always making up strategy board games when I was younger as well!
Hope you end up doing it! I'd definitely be among the first to try!
You might also want to see if you could create Narnia-themed mods on existing strategy games, like Civilization or Age of Empires, etc.
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 05, 2019 4:38 pm

I wouldn't mind it being a computer game so long as it was Narnia! ;;)

That gave me a good laugh - cuz I totally agree! :D
I'd definitely be among the first to try!

I'll keep that in mind! I'm seriously considering it, cuz it sounds like a fun project, and could lead to a lot of fun playing with friends, family and fellow NarniaWebbers!
You might also want to see if you could create Narnia-themed mods on existing strategy games, like Civilization or Age of Empires, etc.

That would be so cool! Unfortunately I don't know much about those games (my game playing and game development interests are pretty "retro") but that's still an awesome idea!

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the idea of creating your own Narnia Risk too. That was so fun as a kid! I even played it a couple times with my brother (though he wasn't as big a fan as me so it didn't last long lol). But it can be done, and for those of us who can't build our own computer games it's a pretty fun solution.
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular