Camping- it's in tents!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: Camping- it's in tents!

Postby Puddleglum » Apr 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Ryadian. If I may put forth my humble suggestion.
If you are looking for a challenge, and are already in the Great State of Minnesota :ymapplause: please consider most anywhere along the North Shore.
Depending on what you are looking for there are a number of activities. Hiking, swimming, fishing, etc.
I would caution about driving in the early mornings as the deer are very active.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Apr 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Superior's North Shore includes many of my favorite local camping spots. Seeing the Northern Lights or the Milky Way over the lake is beyond compare.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Puddleglum » Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Scheduals are set for the rendezvous season this year. My tomohawk throwing was warmed up this last weekend at a Christian Sportsmen's Retreat in Iowa, so no worries there.
I am looking forward to some of the days away from the electronic distractions, and constant hum of traffic.
I know I asked this before, but does anyone know a good way to use a digital camera for star shots?
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Grandmama » May 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Puddleglum wrote:Ryadian. If I may put forth my humble suggestion.
If you are looking for a challenge, and are already in the Great State of Minnesota :ymapplause: please consider most anywhere along the North Shore.

And then, of course, there is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. When we were younger and in better shape, we used to go quite often. It is one of my very favorite places for beauty and peace and quiet (we left the kids at Grandma's!) And, for star gazing and sometimes seeing Northern lights. . . now I want to go back; I just don't want to do the portaging and sleeping on the ground. . .
"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."
Grandmama
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous