Books: 2nd Edition

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: Books: 2nd Edition

Postby Lady Arwen » May 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Mel, I have The Magical Misadventures of Prunella Bogthistle on order, but have had trouble getting it; our library system doesn't have it, I don't have it on my index, and even Amazon can't get it to me for another month or so (which is just weird; it's not old). Fagan's much more middle grade than elementary, but I think it would be manageable!

Isn't Megan Whalen Turner more YA? Will pursue that line, especially the short stories!

I think this is an area that needs some story attention...it's so hard to find stuff. Thank you for the suggestions!
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Re: Books: 2nd Edition

Postby SnowAngel » May 14, 2019 10:59 pm

The only Chesterton I have ever read is the Father Brown Mysteries and that was several years ago. I think I read the whole collection, I'm not one hundred percent sure if I finished it. I remember having a bookmark in it for quite a while. However I did enjoy what I read. :)

Since my last post, I have finished several books. I have been mostly reading fiction.
*Ghosts In The Fog by Samantha Seiple - Interesting story, but not very well written.
*Jesus Unmasked by Todd Friel - Fairly easy to read, learned quite a bit, will read again.
*In Too Deep (Dive Team Investigations #2) by Lynn H. Blackburn - It was okay, will finish reading the series.
*Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1) by Natalie Walters - Solid debut suspense novel.
*William Tecumseh Sherman by James Lee McDonough - audiobook - It took me over a month to listen to the whole book, most interested in the Civil War portion.
*The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno #2) by Regina Jennings - Not quite as good as book 1, but still a fun read.
*The Reluctant Warrior (High Sierra Sweethearts #2) by Mary Connealy - Another series where the first book was better, I was interested enough to want to read the third book in the series.

Currently reading Hue 1968 by Mark Bowden (going to take a while to get through this one) and Romeo's Rules by James Scott Bell. Really enjoying Romeo's Rules with one exception, there have been a couple times where the bad guys misused God's name and I was not expecting that in a James Scott Bell novel.

SnowAngel
"The person who understands the lovingkindness of God
is always ready to persistently seek, ask, and knock on the door
that opens up to a world they have done nothing to deserve."
~Michael Card
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Previous