This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby fantasia » Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm

I haven't had a chance to really dig deep in the new area. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants so far. ;)) (Flying... get it? :P ) But it doesn't seem too terribly complicated. The better the cheese, the better the mice. Kind of annoyed I burned a lot of cheese already not know what I'd need for the area, but oh well. :P ;))
First, I think this area was probably a lot of fun to design. Who doesn't want to draw a whole bunch of dragon mice?
Second, the traps are the equivalent of the Chrome Monstrobot, Chrome Sphynx, and School of Sharks. Kind of wondering why? But I might aim for the physical and tactical traps as they're not Chromed and maybe Ronza might bring something?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Apr 30, 2019 10:37 pm

I'm still trying to figure out cheese (when to arm which one and so forth), but I really love dragons and so far this area makes me really happy. :D :p
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » May 02, 2019 10:44 am

How is everybody coming along? My next step is to Construct an Epic Cork. I've got a third of the Tungstun I need, so two more Large Eruptions and I should have it. I think I'll wrap up all the new mice too, except that Corky is avoiding my trap :P But I have a lot of cork to farm in the meantime so I'm sure he'll show up eventually.

I haven't HAD to go back to the Prickly Plains to farm cheese yet, but I've started doing so overnight just to get some extra spice leaves while I'm not actively hunting.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

How did you get there so fast? I've been stuck on small corks!
starkat

Postby fantasia » May 02, 2019 5:32 pm

I've been using my high-end cheese to catch Corkataur mice which drop 27-45 pieces per catch. (My range, not the game's range.)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » May 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Before or after the plug goes in?
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » May 05, 2019 6:23 am

Corkataur mice (and all the other Cork Collector mice) do their collecting before the plug goes in. I also hunted the Corkataur mouse, which is the only one attracted to Wildfire (and only to Wildfire), and I decided to bronze it in one streak, doubled the loot woth Tonic, and ended up with about 800 cork bark.

I also find I will need 3 Large Eruptions to get enough Tungsten for an Epic Cork. I have done 2 of the Large ones and am now running out of both Flamin' and Hot cheese. I still have Wildfire, but it can only be used in Epic Eruptions. So I need to go back to Prickly Plains and work some of my Mild and Medium cheese into Hot and Flamin'. I got some spice leaves from the eruptions, but not nearly enough.

I have bronzed 15 of the new mice. Some of them I might not hunt more for, while others are more useful. I have followed the steps in the Adventure book, then I'm reading Forum discussions, and learning the mechanics as I go along. At least the basics.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » May 06, 2019 4:18 am

I've sort of been puttering about in the new area; been pretty busy so not much time to sit down and strategize. I'm currently building pressure on my first Epic cork. After that's finished, I'll step back and decide how to proceed. Eventually I'll need to go farm more Flamin' and Wildfire, and possibly Hot. I've got tons of Mild/Medium so I suspect I'm good there for awhile. Oh, and Bland will need to be readdressed at some point, but we'll deal with that as we go.

The life of an end-game player is fun...I just dropped an undisclosed number of mil on Wild Tonic. ;))
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » May 06, 2019 5:17 am

Gymfan15 wrote:The life of an end-game player is fun...I just dropped an undisclosed number of mil on Wild Tonic. ;))

I donated for some ... :ymblushing:
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 06, 2019 1:05 pm

I just finished up my first Epic Explosion and thought I'd copy my loot over. I also should add a disclaimer that I did what I often do and pulled out all the stops, except I didn't use exclusively Wildfire Queso. I'd say I used it for 2/3 of my catches there. But I did use Wild Tonic and I upgraded the nest at the end with a Magic Nest Dust.

2:59 pm - Queso Geyser

I sifted through my dusted Dragon Nest and found:

767 Solidified Amber Queso, 11 Ember Stones, 17 Queso Pump Charms, 46,320 Bland Queso, 6 Magic Essence, 6 Ember Roots, 1 Ultimate Charm, 8 Ancient Relics, 1 Thermal Chisel, 20,000 Gold, 11 Nachore, 19 Hot Spice Leaves, and 27 Flamin' Spice Leaves

Additionally, my Wild Tonic added the following to the nest:

739 Solidified Amber Queso, 2 Wild Tonic, 11 Ancient Relics, 11 Ember Stones, 5 Ember Roots, 8 Queso Pump Charms, 59,309 Bland Queso, 24 Nachore, 2 Magic Essence, 5,000 Gold, and 17 Hot Spice Leaves

Sprinkling Magic Nest Dust filled my nest with even more rewards:

10 Tungsten, 150 Solidified Amber Queso, 50,000 Bland Queso, 50 Flamin' Spice Leaves, and 15 Wild Tonic
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 10, 2019 11:06 pm

I did about the same, possibly half and half of Flamin' and Wildfire, I bronzed both the Stormsurge and the Kalor'ignis during my first Epic Eruption. And used Wild Tonic and Magic Nest Dust.

Then I was unbelievably lucky - 3 pieces of trap loot! :-o

6:32 am (May 11th) - Queso Geyser

I sifted through my dusted Dragon Nest and found:

691 Solidified Amber Queso, 10 Ancient Relics, 3 Wild Tonic, 2 Queso Thermal Springs, 6 Ember Roots, 6 Ember Stones, 86,218 Bland Queso, 10 Queso Pump Charms, 63 Nachore, 1 Magic Essence, and 8,000 Gold

Additionally, my Wild Tonic added the following to the nest:

787 Solidified Amber Queso, 1 Ultimate Charm, 6 Ember Roots, 8 Magic Essence, 11 Ancient Relics, 184,287 Bland Queso, 6 Ember Stones, 12 Queso Pump Charms, 1 Ember Charm, 1 Kalor'ignis Rib, 16,000 Gold, 1 Wild Tonic, and 37 Nachore

Sprinkling Magic Nest Dust filled my nest with even more rewards:

10 Tungsten, 150 Solidified Amber Queso, 50,000 Bland Queso, 50 Flamin' Spice Leaves, and 130 Solidified Amber Queso

Dave said in the FBF that the Rib has about 1 % drop rate, and I've seen people trying to sell theirs at the Marketplace for more than 300 mil gold :-o

Am I mad that I do NOT want to sell mine, but want to keep it and upgrade the Draconic trap instead?
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 11, 2019 5:17 am

:ymapplause: Hooray for Varna! That's fantastic!

...I've seen people trying to sell theirs at the Marketplace for more than 300 mil gold. Am I mad that I do NOT want to sell mine, but want to keep it and upgrade the Draconic trap instead?
Well, what would YOU do with 300 mil gold? ;)) I have 136 mil gold and I'm not spending it on much of anything except for SB+ and Rare Map Dust. :P I would totally keep the rib.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 12, 2019 1:09 am

If I sold the first rib, I would need another for the trap upgrade - and there's no telling how long I would have to wait for that. That's my main reason to keep it - and it's good to hear that you think it's a good idea too :)

It looks like I'll get the draconic trap upgrade before any of the other new traps. Now that I have the rib, I still need roughly 40 tungsten, 1 Fulmina's Tooth, and roughly 300 Dragon Scales. So I'll need to do some hunting in Mousso Picchu as well fairly soon.

I feel a bit sad about smashing the Chrome Storm Wrought Ballista trap - it has some very pretty skins. It would be rather costly to buy/craft another one, though. Maybe if I can sell something else for 300 mil gold some time :p
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » May 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm a bit stuck. Had to go back to farming leaves.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » May 18, 2019 11:25 am

I've been farming them for a few days now. At the moment I'm back in the Geyser doing small eruptions to build up a good supply of rubber, and will do the same for geyserite and tungsten.

I farmed a thousand Cork bark before starting on the eruptions.

I have also hunted Ful'Mina for Scales - I need about three hundred now for the trap upgrade, and if I don't get a tooth, I'll need another 600 Scales to buy one in the shop.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 22, 2019 6:28 am

I completed my second full epic cork explosion yesterday with another 50/50 split of Wildfire and Flamin' Queso. However, this run was exceedingly anticlimactic. All I got were two Ultimate Charms, no trap parts at all.

The nice thing is that when you finish, the nest loot does restock your cheese quite a bit so you don't have to completely start over from scratch.

Back to Prickly Plains and the Quarry to get more supplies.

ETA: Did my run 24 hours too soon. Shame on me, because I knew the new treasure maps were coming but I forgot about it.
Just want to note here that unless I'm ready for an epic explosion, I won't be opening any of those new maps. They're too expensive (need nachore for dragon charms) and too much time of not doing regular queso maps to just sit on for a while.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext