This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lion, Witch and Wardrobe: Animals conversion

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Lion, Witch and Wardrobe: Animals conversion

Postby kidSpain » May 13, 2019 8:03 am

Hello
I wouldl ike to know if at last of the animals in the book LWW changes and convert themselves or instead they are some on the Witch's side.

Best regards,
kidSpain
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Lion, Witch and Wardrobe: Animals conversion

Postby Col Klink » May 13, 2019 8:44 am

I'm not really sure what you mean. There are some animals in the book who are portrayed as being on the Witch's side and some as being on Aslan's side. The only character who is portrayed as changing loyalties is Edmund.

I believe in the second-to-last chapter they list some animals who are on Aslan's side. You can look there if you like. Actually, I'd recommend reading the whole book. It's great.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby kidSpain » May 13, 2019 1:43 pm

I mean after defeating the Witch, the evil disappeared and if all the animals that had helped the Witch as darfs or other animals changed their minds.

another question is it possible to know whay some animals talk? i´m reading the magician's nephew and I read that some animals where created with the talk skills. is there any reason?
kidSpain
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Col Klink » May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Here's the relevant quote you want.

"At first much of (the main characters') time was spent in seeking out the remnants of the White Witch's army and destroying them and indeed for a long time there would be news of evil things lurking in the wilder parts of the forest-a haunting here and a killing there, a glimpse of a werewolf one month and a rumor of a hag the next. But in the end all that foul brood was stamped out."
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

It looks like everyone still alive changed to Aslan's side, or else hid away somewhere. The last chapter talks about things that the Kings and Queens did during their reign, and it does giv
[edit: thanks, Col Klink, you got there fast]

In The Magician's Nephew, none of the animals were created speaking, but then Aslan chose some of them to be talking, thinking, caring beasts. He told them to take care of the dumb ones. The reason is that it was part of what Aslan was creating - just like in our world, the creation story in Genesis tells that people were created separately and different, "in God's own image", to be in charge of the world and take care of the animals.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie