Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

Postby stargazer » Apr 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Easter was quite pleasant here, and we've enjoyed a couple backyard fires. That April snow is all gone, and things are greening up quickly. The trees are blooming and so are my allergies.

A chance of snow is in the forecast for the northern part of the state. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Apr 27, 2019 3:59 pm

For the first time this spring the forecast for the upcoming week is all storms. *throws confetti* :D ;)) Ready for some proper, tornado-free, hail-free, thunderstorms. I mean, they're just a requirement of springtime in Kansas. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Puddleglum » May 06, 2019 8:37 pm

After a few days of somewhat warmer weather we are once again told by those folks on the news that the dreadful white stuff might make a brief showing tomorrow night :-o
Personally, i am in denial =; [-( I just mowed my lawn for the first time this year. After that there must be some rule, set in stone, ever to be followed. "No snow shall fall after the mower has been used."
Alas. The cooler temps shall not relinquish it's grasp with 50'sF showing by Wednesday, along with showers on, and off most of the week.
Ah well. At least the grass seed is getting watered. 8-|
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » May 07, 2019 6:59 am

We're having a rainy/stormy week this week. Two nights ago we had penny-sized hail that came in riding the winds of a collapsed tornado. In fact there was so much hail that yesterday afternoon at about 1pm my neighbors still had a mountain of the stuff sitting in their yard. It was 70F/20C.

I think we're passed the severe stuff now, but flooding is a concern all over the eastern and southeastern part of the state.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Kalta79 » May 07, 2019 11:10 am

Weather's warming up again, and I really hope we don't have a fire season like last year or worse. Already been 3 or 4 fires about an hour away from here already, and it's not even officially fire season yet. And our specific area seems to be a magnet for any smoke from a fire within 500 miles. I like breathing...
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Puddleglum » May 11, 2019 8:00 pm

It certainly trying to behave like summer weather. Still a bit chilly in the morning with temps in the upper 30'sF. But warming up quite well. At least until the early evening when the a slight drizzle to dampen any more yard work. But, by then we were both tuckered out, so, eh!
Looks like we might see 70F by Monday with on, and off rain. I can stand at least some rain especially with the grass seed coming up so well.
I don't know if it's the Marsh-wiggle, or being in Minnesota, but with fishing opener this weekend I more-or-less expected a bit more of a wash out.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » May 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Nippy mornings here but still very dry & brightly sunlit. It has been snowing down in the Snowy Mountains, a bit later than it has done for this time of year. Winter is finally on the way.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby stargazer » May 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Meanwhile winter can't decide about leaving here. Just the other day we reached 82F/28C, the first day in 241 that we reached 80F.

Now there is a cool rain outside and snow north of here, and our area is under a frost advisory for tonight. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Previous