This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Trailer/Commercial Lines From the Books

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Trailer/Commercial Lines From the Books

Postby Col Klink » May 09, 2019 9:14 am

I thought it would be fun to post lines from the books that we think would be good for trailers, commercials and general promotion. Here's one from The Silver Chair.

"We know he's not dead."
"That almost makes it worse."

(I know that's not an exact quote. I had to edit it to make it work for a commercial.)
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Trailer/Commercial Lines From the Books

Postby Cleander » May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Ooh I like that! One quote I always imagined in the Silver Chair trailer is Puddleglum's speech about "a job like this, a journey up north just as winter's beginning, looking for a prince who probably isn't there , by way of a ruined city that no one has ever seen will be just the thing!" It might pair well with shots of them travelling, or the ruined city with flashes of Puddleglum speaking the lines in between shots.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JFG II » May 09, 2019 4:07 pm

"Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters. Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake..."

Yeah, they would totally rearrange Aslan's lines to fit a trailer or a poster. :(( =))
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Anfinwen » May 10, 2019 6:31 am

Cleander wrote:"a job like this, a journey up north just as winter's beginning, looking for a prince who probably isn't there , by way of a ruined city that no one has ever seen will be just the thing!"

I love the idea of using that one for a trailer! =))
JFG II wrote:"Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters. Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake..."

That one in particular occurred to me to, and I have to say, rearranging it does work quite nicely. It would be great for a teaser combined with little glimpses of the humans staring in wonder, animals blinking, and the sun rising on a new Narnia. Maybe we hear Jadis' line "This is a terrible world. We must fly at once."

I'm thinking I would like the MN trailer to use some of the book's opening lines. They don't have to be in the actual movie, but this would be a great way to work them in.
“This is a story about something that happened long ago.... It is a very important story because it shows how all the comings and goings between our own world and the land of Narnia first began.”
Some other's from MN
"Have you ever heard of old Mrs. Lefay?"
“The moment I picked up that box I could tell by the pricking in my fingers that I held some great secret in my hands.”

I think a trailer should refer to the title, so using the lines “Ours, my boy, is a high and lonely destiny.” and “Men like me, who possess hidden wisdom, are freed from common rules” would be really great.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » May 10, 2019 2:23 pm

What about Reepicheep's song for VDT? If the focus of the movie is more on discovering wonders than "defeating the DARKNESS" then this might be a good voice-over for the whole trailer. Perhaps it would sound better spoken, not sung.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie