The Television Discussion Thread

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: The Television Discussion Thread

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 15, 2019 3:22 pm

mm1991, I stopped watching after the eighth episode of season 5. The 2018 Christmas special is on the DVR, trying to decide if we should watch it or skip to the start of season 6 when we actually start watching it again. I can't imagine them (Hallmark) killing off another character, I would lean towards Abigail Stanton (Lori Loughlin) leaving Hope Valley on a mysterious vacation/trip for the rest of season 6 and a recast for season 7 (which was announced on Saturday 4/13). However with the way past episodes have been structured that might not work, it looks like a lot of season 6 is/was? heavy on the Abigail Stanton plots.

I really liked the character of Abigail Stanton in the early seasons of the show, but the longer the show has gone on the more her character has taken over. I would be happy to see the character leave and Rosemary and Lee have larger roles. :)

SnowAngel
"The person who understands the lovingkindness of God
is always ready to persistently seek, ask, and knock on the door
that opens up to a world they have done nothing to deserve."
~Michael Card
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby mm1991 » Apr 16, 2019 10:22 am

@SnowAngel Oh wow, I didn't see that news, thank you for updating me! Now that you mention it, maybe the story was in a good spot anyways to phase out her character. I agree we need more Rosemary and Lee (although Rosemary can be annoying sometimes :p ).
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 17, 2019 8:06 pm

I was a little surprised Hallmark chose to announce the season 7 renewal before airing more episodes of season 6. There's a pretty good fan blog on tumblr and she said Hallmark cut a whole episode from season 6, it's going to be interesting if only for all the fan drama online.

Yes, Rosemary is a bit much at times, but she has so much more character than the other characters. ;)

I'm actually getting interested in the show again. :)

SnowAngel
~Michael Card
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby jayce76 » Apr 22, 2019 7:39 pm

SnowAngel wrote:mm1991I can't imagine them (Hallmark) killing off another character, I would lean towards Abigail Stanton (Lori Loughlin) leaving Hope Valley on a mysterious vacation/trip for the rest of season 6 and a recast for season 7 (which was announced on Saturday 4/13). However with the way past episodes have been structured that might not work, it looks like a lot of season 6 is/was? heavy on the Abigail Stanton plots.
SnowAngel

Isn't that just shocking. My mom loves those shows & I used to watch Full House all the time when it was on. I doubt they have her return to shoot scenes for the show. They might just go the Jussie Smollett route and kill her character off. Seems easiest to do.
jayce76
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am

Well, Lori Loughlin is long gone from When Calls The Heart and any other Hallmark projects, it's just a matter of how her character is removed/replaced on the show. The preview for the upcoming episodes doesn't even hint at how that will be accomplished.

Two-thirds of the way through season 2 of Zorro with the family, although the plots aren't quite as good as season 1 we're still enjoying it. Favorite episodes in this season so far are the last episode set in Monterey and the three episodes guest starring Jeff York.

I stumbled across the fact that three of four seasons of The High Chaparral are now available on DVD. :D I have wanted to see more of The High Chaparral for years, I remember seeing a handful of episodes on Hallmark's High Noon on the Hallmark Channel as a kid. I am so tempted to order them...however I can't at this time, so I have put in a request for them at the public library. *fingers crossed*

SnowAngel
~Michael Card
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby jayce76 » Apr 25, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and call this one and say that they just handle it in a very soap opera fashion and either kill off the character or just have her leave off screen. I don't think they would recast. You guys can let me know as I don't even watch these shows, but I am aware of them & definitely what is happening with the actress.
jayce76
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SnowAngel » May 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Down to the last couple episodes of Zorro, I've had so much fun watching this with the siblings and parents. :)

The library already has season one of The High Chaparral on order! And yes, I am just a little bit excited. :D

SnowAngel
~Michael Card
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Previous