This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Here are some more hairstyles...I still have not found the "perfect cut" for Jill but 1940 girls hairstyles are hard to find!!!!!
1940 hairstyles.jpg
1940 hairstyles.jpg (14.33 KiB) Viewed 10187 times
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 09, 2009 8:59 am

Well, the main thing of hair styles at the time was a side parting, unless you had a fringe(Pig tails used). Finger waves and the bob where common. So who know what they'll do with her hair.

But the styles they use for the other girls aren't very 40's anyway so...

Hey, do you think they'll put more of her family background in the films because in the books its extremely vague, or should they just leave it vague?
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm

I think they should maybe leave it vauge... but who know with hollywood, they might make this sob-story about this poor orphan girl sent to the Experiment House by her evil uncle :p
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Haha, that'd be funny.

What should she wear in LB? And if the actress will be in her late teens/early twenties should they stick to her and Eustace still being in school?
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 13, 2009 7:11 pm

lostin1800 wrote:Haha, that'd be funny.

What should she wear in LB? And if the actress will be in her late teens/early twenties should they stick to her and Eustace still being in school?

I REALLY hope they keep them in school. It would be a major change to take them out....otherwise how would they meet? I hope the actress will be around 14-15. I'm trying to think what kind of uniform they would have at the experiment house... would the girls wear knickers too since it is "co-educational"? I really liked Lucys jumper in PC and something along those lines would be nice for Jill.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ellz_bellz » Dec 15, 2009 12:59 am

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:... would the girls wear knickers too since it is "co-educational"? .

Excuse Me!? In Australia, 'knickers' are your underwear! I certainly hope Jill doesn't wear just her underwear! Haha.

It would be an interesting idea to make the experiment house uniform from one of the uniforms we saw in PC. Remember at the train station, there were some kids walking around in a black blazer and white socks. Something stiff, ugly and very 'British' would be good.

Oh, and for Jill's hair, how about this? Look at the HAIR not the girl. It's '15' year old Jenny Humphrey from Gossip Girl

Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 15, 2009 11:24 am

From Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary. American English primarily. link here

Main Entry: knick·ers
Pronunciation: \ˈni-kərz\
Function: noun plural
Etymology: short for knickerbockers
Date: 1881
1 : loose-fitting short pants gathered at the knee
2 chiefly British : underpants

I am sure much care will be taken in dressing and grooming Jill for the appropriate British time period and then again in Narnia. But it is fun to speculate and it is interesting to read a variety of ideas. So carry on Jill fans. :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Hahaha, she better be wearing more than knickers!

But what I meant was at the dinner party. What should/might she wear? You know, when the King Trilian appears breifly. I mean I doubt she'd still be in her school uniform at a dinner party. And when she changes in Narnia, or beyound the shed, she's wearing different clothes.

And I'm sure they'll take care or it as they always do, but as you said, it is fun to speculate.
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Georgie Fan » Dec 17, 2009 10:13 am

I have a friend who is an awesome actress (she does a lot of theater and stuff, and is dreaming that she could one day play Jill P.) and I think she'd be pretty good for a Jill, with what ya'll are saying.

What does everyone think of her?
Last edited by GlimGlum on Dec 18, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove unauthorized picture of friend.
I <3 Asa Butterfield

I only take orders from one person.
That would be me.
-Han Solo-
Georgie Fan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm

For some reason, I always imagined plaid skirts, and blouses/button-down shirts for uniforms. I think that'd be cute, even though not very practical. Then again, what would the boys wear? :p
For hair, Lucy and Susan seem to have rather modern cuts, so I think the movie-makers will still pick something other than the '40s. I think shoulder-length would work great though. Slightly curled, wavy, but not perfectly straight like Georgie Henley's. :ymhug:
I still don't think red/orange hair would work. Don't we want Jill to blend in, and not stand out? I think red hair is stunning, but not for Jilly here. ;)
Georgie Fan: I get where you are coming from. I think the hair color is right around where I think most people here want it. She has pretty eyes! :D
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Special Mod note: :-$

Just wanted to let everyone know that there was some concern among the moderators and administrators about posting personal pictures of friends in the CCD Forum. There is no explicit rule at present about pictures of friends but we do have this Cast and Character Discussion rule right now.

4.) If you wish to play a part in a Narnia movie, visit the Virtual Casting Review thread. If you are under the age of 18, you must have parental permission to post a picture of yourself. No picture collages, please, and no pictures over 300 x 400 pixels.

The rules will be updated soon to cover friends too. So until the rules are updated, no more personal pictures of friends and please follow the rules for yourself. It's just that NarniaWeb is concerned about the very young people who are are members here. :ymapplause:

P.S. An exception would be if the picture is already public and linkable. B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Jill and Lucy » Dec 19, 2009 8:03 am

http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/wome ... tyles.html this side is about 1940s hairstyles on this side is hairstyles for children and teenage from 1940s
Jill and Lucy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 23, 2009 7:30 am

Very cool find, Jill and Lucy :ymapplause: I think we've all pretty much agreed Jill should have a more "authentic to the time-period" haircut then Susan and Lucy have had.

Also I'm very sorry for the discomfort my post about knickerbockers caused ;)
Where I live they mean a loosefitting shorts usually made of wool(see picture below)

1940's school uniform.jpg
1940's school uniform.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 10036 times
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AJAiken » Dec 23, 2009 8:52 am

I love the "knickerbockers" discussion! :P I see them as the picture above; in other words, shorts. "Knickers", however, are most definitely pants - British pants, as in, underwear. ;)) I love how the meaning of words change depending where they're said!

My old school turned co-ed during World War II, and the girls have always worn dresses, skirts and socks or skirts and tights, depending on era and age group. However, I can see how the Experiment House might do things differently.

There are some pretty nice school uniforms with blazer, tie, shirt etc.; after all, I wore one for six years. ;) But it's possible to make them quite grim. I think the ones worn by the Pevensies in "Prince Caspian" are really nice.
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Dec 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh!! TIES! (Squeal!) I LOVE ties. That would be so cute!
Ok, sorry. That was my moment there. Ties would be adorable. :p Skirts, collared blouses, oh my gosh! :-o I'm having so much fun with this. :D
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby lilyannexo » Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Hm, I think Jill should be about 13-15 in The Silver Chair and that in The Last Battle she should be around 15-17. (: Just my opinion. I think its a little better in movies to cast older than in the books. Pretty much all the casting so far seems to have been older than they were in the books...
lilyannexo
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext