This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cair Paravel bedrooms

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Cair Paravel bedrooms

Postby LucytheValiant23 » Apr 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Hey guys just out of curiosity what do you think the chambers of Cair Paravel would look like during the time of the Pevensies?
LucytheValiant23
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Cair Paravel bedrooms

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Thinking about doing some redecorating? :D

That's an interesting question, and it makes me really curious about the set design for Narnia on Netflix. (I've thought about what the outside of Cair Paravel should look like, but not the inside!) I've always imagined the bedrooms in Cair Paravel (especially when Eustace and Jill visit in SC) as being cozy and not overly ornate, but I don't have a clear picture in my mind. And during the Golden Era of Narnia, I bet that each of the Pevensies' bedrooms resembled their personalities.

This bedroom at Hearst Castle in California is ethereal rather than cozy, but the light through those windows is lovely! I can imagine Lucy's room having similar features.

This is a bedroom in Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, and while the woodwork is extremely ornate, I really like the colors and warm atmosphere. And can you imagine those murals on the walls depicting Narnian scenes? :) This might be something like Susan's room, I think.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad