How do YOU think Netflix will order the Narnia stories?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: daughter of the King, The Rose-Tree Dryad

Re: How do YOU think Netflix will order the Narnia stories?

Postby mm1991 » Apr 09, 2019 8:20 pm

I would LIKE them to stick to traditional order but I think they WILL go with chronological order. Which is fine too. :D
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia fan 7 » Apr 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Being something of a publication order purist, I'd like it if the went that route. But, I'd honestly be surprised if they did. If your going to reboot and start from scratch doing chronological order probably makes the most sense.

My only real problem with doing it in chronologically is I don't like having anything inbetween LWW and PC, on a thematic and story level having them back to back make the most sense. So if it was up to me I'd order it thusly:

MN
LWW
PC
VDT
SC
HHB
LB

The placement of HHB is a little awkward, but where else are you going to put it.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby mm1991 » Apr 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Now that I'm thinking more about it, it's also possible for them to do timeskips, where they keep bouncing back and forth between stories, years/ages, etc. Like technically they COULD start with Last Battle if they really wanted to, constantly cutting back and forth between LB and they other stories, like they are remembering the past. Not sure if I would like that, but it occurred to me that they could do things out of order.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Previous