This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Apr 10, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm missing:

Crimson Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg
Shattered Egg - Not trying for this one. I strongly dislike the Living Garden areas and I've been avoiding this egg.

As far as I can tell, these are the only ones I'm missing.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: The Living Garden. If my memory is correct, Ful'Mina drops a LOT of essence, so you could just catch her repeatedly and then you can just stroll into the LG, catch the one mouse you need, and head back out again. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 10, 2019 5:24 pm

I may do that. Best way to get the magmatic golem? I've had trouble with that mouse.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 11, 2019 4:07 am

Patience charms. :p Idk how much you've been in Queso Canyon but I ended up with a TON of Magmatic Golem Charms...with that, you just need to camp in the Express and be patient. I was very lucky with him, but I know for others, it took quite awhile. He's quite hard to attract!

I'm having DHU with the Wild Tonic Egg, but I also shouldn't really complain. I just hate having to spend such a fortune buying more off the MP...but goodness I have enough disposable gold so it's not like I can't afford to.

ETA: Finally decided to leave QC and collect the missing eggs, which I finished doing tonight, so that's officially the fastest I've ever re-achieved Egg Master. ;)) But this year is pretty chill, so it's good!

I'm at 429 Queen Quesada, so I'm veeerrry close to my golden crown (and the theme!!!). Should be there in a few days. I stacked a bunch of auras to help with my catch rate so after I'm finished with that I'll go hunt Ful'Mina till my first aura runs out (I think my Slayer aura is only 1 week). Need to stock up on scales/teeth to buy Lightning maps.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby starkat » Apr 11, 2019 8:55 am

I finally got the magmatic golem. I've been after that mouse since the area opened. I had 145 charms stocked up thanks to the Queso charm.

I decided to go back to the Living Garden areas and see where I can get towards the shattering charm. I doubt I'll get there, but we'll see where I am in 24 - 48 hrs. I'm going after King Grub for a map too.

After that, I'm going to cycle charge eggs for a good chunk of the time and then I'll go after the essences I need for the shattering charm for next year if they maintain that egg. However, if that's the only egg I don't get, I'll be fine with that.
starkat

Postby Aravanna » Apr 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Wow, 21st overall in the game Fantasia? That's kind of amazing. Congratulations!

I just need the Lightening Storm Egg. I'm not clear on whether it only drops if you have the Lightening Aura, or if Fulmina occasionally drops it, but I was having no luck catching her over and over. I even let storm levels drop out of curiosity and caught a Dragoon mouse.. all to no avail. I'll stick with getting the aura.

Working on Icewing for that map.

Once I have that egg, I'll do charge cycling and I'd actually like to bronze the three Easter event mice I haven't bronzed.... although I suspect the Hardboiled mouse is quite rare.

Edit: And congrats on the Magmatic Golem mouse start. I remember him being an awful pain. I've only caught him once... last Easter.
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Ful'Mina does drop it, but apparently it's rare. It's a lot more common with the Aura. I've also heard tell that it can veeerrrryy rarely drop while using MM cheese in a stockpile, but it's like, super duper rare.

445 QQ...getting closer...will need to craft more Wildfire as I think I'll be a wee bit short, but I have plenty of Flamin' so it'll be no problem.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby shastastwin » Apr 12, 2019 6:57 pm

I need to find a way to get on a Lightning Map before the event ends or I'm not gonna get that egg. Burnt through all of my Dragonvine and no dice. :(

Otherwise, I'm just picking up the new eggs for now.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Apr 13, 2019 4:32 pm

*inserts large amounts of whining here* somehow I managed to get enough twisted carmines and essences to create a shattering charm. Now I just can't seem to catch the shattered Carmine! I think I'm somewhere on 40 pieces of luneria now.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 14, 2019 3:54 am

Ooph! Shattered Carmine is actually the hardest out of the three to catch...the one in the Sand Crypts is muuuuchhh easier. Also Lost City, if it makes a difference.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Apr 14, 2019 2:24 pm

I thought the egg only dropped off the Carmine.

Edit: Got it off the Scarab! Thanks Gymmie!

So for the first time in years, I'm all caught up on eggs!!
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Congratulations, starkat! :ymapplause:

I've finally got all the new eggs - so I'm back to being an Egg Master :)
Now I need the rest of the Spring eggs, already got the Golden, but I need 3 of the others.

Then I'll go for useful eggs in areas where I want to hunt for good mice - and where I want to bronze or silver some mice.
Fort Rox - WW Rift - Diamond section of Fungal Cavern - Sand Dunes - should be the most important ones.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Apr 23, 2019 6:42 am

I did something this morning that I never thought I would do... I opened all of my eggs, every single one of them. I'd been hoarding them over the years because it was fun to have a copy of all of them, but I'd run into two problems. The first was that it took FOREVER to scroll through all of them, and second, it had me at a disadvantage for not opening the golden egg (and the like). And if you open all of one and no longer have the full set, why not just open all of them? So I did.
Some of those eggs hurt to open though, probably no more than the Bubbling Egg and the Shelder Egg. :P ;)) Maybe I should have saved a couple back as I doubt I will never ever get another one of those. :p
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Apr 23, 2019 5:02 pm

I've got all of the eggs again (thanks again for the Lightning map spot, fantasia). Currently I'm trying to get an Absolute Acolyte Egg again before the event ends, and then I'll be back to farming Queso area eggs. I've got the new map piece already and I'm hoping for more Dragonshard eggs before it's all over.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Apr 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Where do you get the map piece?

Never mind. Found it.

Any idea how many shards to shoot for?
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 27, 2019 4:53 pm

The shards end when the mini-event ends on Tuesday. And then I guess you'll have a few days to decide what to spend them on. Aside from the map piece, I'm actually going to see what the new area requires before I spend my shards. As for how many to get? As many as you can! ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext