This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Phill Lytle » Feb 28, 2019 10:45 am

Hello. My name is Phill Lytle. I've been a believer in Narnia since I was a small child. My father used to read the books to me, and my brothers, and there really has never been a time in my life that I didn't love Aslan and all the rest.

Thanks for letting me a part of this community. Looking forward to interacting with everyone, though I probably don't have time to post too often. I am married, have three kids (16,14, and 9 years old) and I have two jobs. I'll post when I can.

Thanks again!
"Every tear will be redeemed in the hands of God." - J.J. Heller

Rambling Ever On - Finding Truth, Beauty, and Joy in Life
Phill Lytle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Phill Lytle! :-h You have a similar story to mine: my parents read the Narnia Chronicles to us when we were very young, so I grew up treasuring them, and have found them to have even deeper layers of depth as I get older, probably because of all the varied life experiences—the joys and the sorrows: no doubt you have found the same. We then read the books to our own kids, who came to love them, as well. :)

Good to have you here!
:D
johobbit

Postby Phill Lytle » Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am

Thanks for the response. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to our stories. Narnia has been a part of many lives.

Phill Lytle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Cleander » Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Welcome to Narniaweb, Phil Lytle! Good to see someone from my part of the country on the forums! (Well, the same general part. I believe there's a fair amount of mountains in between us. :D )
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Feb 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Phill Lytle wrote: I am married, have three kids (16,14, and 9 years old) and I have two jobs.

All that and you've managed to grace us with your presence! Wow! :ymapplause: Well welcome! We're glad to have you here. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Phill Lytle » Mar 01, 2019 7:58 am

fantasia wrote:
Phill Lytle wrote: I am married, have three kids (16,14, and 9 years old) and I have two jobs.

All that and you've managed to grace us with your presence! Wow! :ymapplause: Well welcome! We're glad to have you here. :D

I do what I can!

Phill Lytle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Daddicus » Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Jim
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married, five kids, one by marriage, two grandkids.
4. Occupation: Writer (blog and book -- I hope).
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Wife, daughter, and son all participate.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: mid-20s
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Besides my family, I like the Bible, Creation, the Book of Job (in the Bible), computers, sophisticated games, math, and puzzles.

My dream is to build a scale model of Noah's Ark in model railroading's N scale (1 to 160). I want to see if 200 boxcars could really have fit into it. ;)
I love Christ more than anything, and Narnia points me (and others) in His direction!

My blog site is https://god-isgod.com
My book about Job is available at https://god-isgod.com/job/book-now-available/
Daddicus
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Mar 07, 2019 3:38 am

Daddicus, a warm welcome to NarniaWeb! It's great fun—and quite special—to see other family members join. :D

My dream is to build a scale model of Noah's Ark in model railroading's N scale (1 to 160). I want to see if 200 boxcars could really have fit into it. ;)

Now, that I would love to see when completed! ;)) B-)
johobbit

Postby coracle » Mar 07, 2019 7:01 am

Welcome, Daddicus, to the Mature Narniawebbers group! There are several of us in 'that agegroup'. Looking forward to your contributions.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby stargazer » Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am

Welcome, Daddicus! Glad you joined us.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 08, 2019 8:06 pm

A belated but hearty welcome to Phill Lytle and Daddicus! :-h Glad you're here with us. Hope you're both enjoying exploring the forums and reading all the discussions! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Phill Lytle » Mar 12, 2019 7:07 am

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:A belated but hearty welcome to Phill Lytle and Daddicus! :-h Glad you're here with us. Hope you're both enjoying exploring the forums and reading all the discussions! :)

I've been doing a little reading. :)

Phill Lytle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SirVincentofNarnia » Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am

Name (please avoid your real full name): SirVincentofNarnia
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single.
4. Occupation: Student and an avid gamer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Earlier last year while researching Narnia lore
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Probably 13 or 14 but I honestly cannot remember
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several times
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian (I'm weird, I know) ;))
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I really enjoy games, especially ones like Assassin's Creed or Tomb Raider and some grand strategy ones too. I really enjoy reading Narnia fanfiction, especially by LadyAlambiel, who writes in the style of CS Lewis and continues LWW in a wholesome way. I am also a Christian who is trying to prepare for the road ahead of me.
Let us go on and take the adventure that shall fall to us
-Queen Susan
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

People are quick to judge but slow to correct themselves
-Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
SirVincentofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Phill Lytle » Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am

I realize I never answered the questions from the first post on this thread. Or, I answered some of them but not all. Or, I gave too much info. (My real name and all that.)

So, here is my attempt to get with the program:

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Too late! Already gave my real name. Phill Lytle.
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married with three kids. (3 boys.)
4. Occupation: Disability Claims Adjudicator and Blog writer.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Not sure. Been lurking for years. All the way back to the Disney/Fox/Walden movies.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My dad read them to me and my brothers. I read them first around the age of 8 or 9...probably.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: 10+.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Not sure. I love them all. Silver Chair has my favorite character - Puddleglum. LWW is the most iconic. Last Battle makes me cry the most.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to write.

Phill Lytle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Welcome to the forums, SirVincentofNarnia! :-H Glad you stumbled across NarniaWeb; we're glad to have you here. Since you're an avid gamer, I bet you'd enjoy the Video Games thread here in the Spare Oom. :) Have fun exploring the discussions and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask!

Phill Lytle, I'm glad that you finally joined the community after so many years! I was a long-time lurker myself, once upon a time, and finally becoming a member here was one of the best gifts I ever gave myself. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, SirVincentofNarnia! It is good to have you here. :) Puddleglum is my favourite Chronicles character too. What a Marsh-wiggle! ♥ Btw, I would say that no choice of favourite book is 'weird' when it comes to Lewis, because they are all excellent! And as has been said, "my favourite Chronicle is the one I am reading at the time". ;)) Although if push comes to shove, I might be able to choose 2 or 3 that are tops for me. B-)

Ditto Rose's comment about you joining after having lurked for so long, Phill Lytle! Do your kids enjoy the Chronicles too? :)
johobbit

PreviousNext