This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Edmund Club

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

The Edmund Club

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Hey everyone! I don’t know if “clubs” are a thing in the forum anymore as it’s been several years since I’ve seen anything on them. Anyways I thought it would be fun if Cleander and I started a club about one of our favorite characters.
This will be a thread where we can discuss the character of Edmund, his personality, or anything you guys want!

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: The Edmund Club

Postby Cleander » Feb 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks puddleglum32!
Perhaps I should explain: this all started when I noticed that puddleglum32's signature mentioned that he'd founded the Edmund Club. I thought that was cool and asked him if it was still up and going. When he told me it had been gone since around 2012, the two of us decided to resurrect the club! (So if clubs are no longer a thing on the forums, just blame it on my inexperience as a Narniawebber :| )
I look forward to discussing one of my favorite Narnia characters with ya'll!
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Cleander » Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am

Seeing that this thread is in danger of getting buried on the active topics list, I just thought I'd post and perhaps pose question to anyone reading this: what do you most like about Edmund's character?
One thing that stands out to me is that, after his great change in LWW, he tends to be very honest about his behavior instead of blaming others for his mistakes (such as when, in PC, he willingly owns up to suggesting they go the wrong way). He's a constant reminder to me not to always try to shift blame to others when things go wrong. (Not that I always remember that.... :-\ )
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby King_Erlian » Feb 12, 2019 1:52 am

I like the fact that Edmund, although quieter and less "physical" than Peter, is still a king, and is a very capable and resourceful character. Something of a role model for me.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fledge1 » Feb 12, 2019 9:42 am

I like the fact that every one can relate to him at some point in our lives. We may not betray our siblings, but at some point we are angry and feel like we are being sold short. His redemption is one of my favorite parts of the story, even though we dont get to hear what Aslan said to him, I have had a few come to Jesus moments where i am thankful only me and Jesus know what was discussed.
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 20, 2019 2:15 pm

King_Erlian wrote:I like the fact that Edmund, although quieter and less "physical" than Peter, is still a king, and is a very capable and resourceful character. Something of a role model for me.

I am right there with you, I’ve always looked up to Edmund because to me he feels like the middle child of the family, just like me. I like the fact that he turns out to be full of "great council and judgement".

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CallofHope » Dec 04, 2019 7:17 pm

Personally, I love his relationship with Lucy and how he look out for her. I feel that, out of all the siblings he's the one that gets looked over. He's the kind of person I feel you could trust to have your back.
The Caller
CallofHope
NarniaWeb Newbie