This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Feb 05, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm stuck on the dragon mouse. Any suggestions?

Edit: I whine and I catch it. lol

And thanks fantasia.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 08, 2019 12:04 am

I have some more and less distinct goals for the LNY event:

1) to bronze the Artillery Commander (I got enough gold during the GWH to buy all the portals I needed from the Marketplace, and now I want to use them all and catch him with candles - hopefully some red ones). I want to get as many Artillery Strike Launch Boxes as possible, as I'll probably never hunt that mouse again after I've bronzed him.

2) to silver the Queen Quesada (or get as near as possible to that silver). At the moment I have 50 catches, 27 pieces of Wildfire Queso, and enough Bland Queso for 36 more pieces (still need the Ember Roots and Stones for them, though). With the usual catch rate, that will not be enough cheese for her, but her Unstable Ember Gadgets (doubled by candles) are good for large batches of Bland Queso, too.

3) to farm goods from Ful'Mina (I silvered her months ago, but she offers so many random goods, and doubling them is just great).

4) to get enough diamonds and minerals from Fungal Cavern to get Diamond cheese for bronzing the Diamondhide (the cheese may be eaten by his colleagues instead, of course, so there's no guarantee for catching him at all).
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Feb 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Last year I had one goal in mind... Moussu Picchu. And all of my focus through the GWH and the CNY events were in that location. Boy did I make out like a bandit. ;))
This year I'm much less focused. I'm farming Queen Quesada for the very, very, very long term goal is to get the theme from her, but yeah... having a hard time being motivated towards that goal. (I have soooo much queso!!!!) So the Queso Canyon area is my primary hunting location, but I'm moving around to a few other locations as well. I do like Moussu Picchu for this event and I'll probably head over there for a few days.

Goals...
Silver the QQ (80)... got the cheese for it and everything.
Would like to bronze the Costumed Pig (3).
Would like to silver the Costumed Sheep (94) and Costumed Rabbit (93).
Oh, and my lantern is at 151ft. :) I didn't make it to 500ft last year, hoping to do so this year.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 09, 2019 11:49 pm

FK, I will take your Queso; I've got so many leaves and stones/embers but not nearly enough Bland. ;))

If I can finish this LNY event with enough supplies to get me to 500 QQ's eventually once I farm enough Bland I'll be happy, but we'll see. Using regular candles with Flamin' and Triples with QQ as I go to help in the Bland replenishment.

Still have a few other areas I want to hit up during LNY but haven't made it out yet...was going to get a few Ascended and MBW but we'll see. Those are also good for Easter so I've got plenty of time.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby starkat » Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm hunting for queso at the moment. I need to try and hit the BWRift, but I've been bouncing between Mossu Pichu and Queso. I've gotten a decent amount of bland queso. Not sure what to do next. Up to 270 feet.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 12, 2019 8:23 pm

I have bronzed the Artillery Commander (with 26 Artillery Strike Launch Boxes, from mostly Red Candles) and silvered the Queen Quesada.
I now have more than half a million Bland Queso, more than a hundred each of Mild, Medium and Hot Queso, and 17 each of Flamin' and Wildfire Queso. Perhaps each of the next 4 hundred QQs might go a lot faster than the first one? At least if I work on them with the candles available?

Ful'Mina is ok to play passively, and I've got good loot from her, although no teeth or gifts. But farming candles can be done passively too ...

I've got Diamonds only occasionally from Orange Winter Hunt Gift Boxes, but I've bought minerals for most of the Nachore I've got. So I'm closer to that goal as well ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Just got the theme which was the last thing I kind of wanted to get from here.

I realized the other day that I needed to be careful of my Queso supplies as I'll likely need some leftover for the Egg Hunt and I don't really want to spend everything now. ;))

I've been back and forth between Queso Canyon and Ful'Mina. Haven't had many good drops from the lightning dragon mouse this year.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Just hit 500 ft. :)

Other notes, I got 3 Ful'Mina teeth thanks to a Red Candle, so I bought a Lightning scroll. That'll be ready to go once the event is over if people want to do it. Need to resupply chests for next year again. ;)

I ALMOST hit 1,000,000 queso, but I'm back down to 810,000 as I had to craft a fair bit more cheese. Currently at 168 Queen Quesadas.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 17, 2019 9:17 pm

I did the calculations and I'm a weeee bit shy of the embers/stones I need for 500 QQ's safely, but I've decided I'm going to go ahead and switch to QQ and bland farming for the time being. If I'm VERY close I can always throw some baitkeeps at it; or use up the Flamin' I have left to top myself off.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Feb 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Nicely done Gymmie, nicely done. :ymapplause: I'll hit 200 QQ tomorrow and I'm quite satisfied with that. I watched FBF from Feb 8th today (I'm behind) and Dave said they'll likely bring the same event back next year, so I figure I'll just keep chipping away at the theme over time. :)

Unless I get some amazing drops tomorrow, the best things I got this year are Ultimate Charms, Baitkeep Charms, and Ful'Mina teeth. I really like hunting Ful'Mina because she drops a little bit of everything. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am

You know, I thought I would gold crown Nachous/Inferna long before I gold crowned QQ, but at this point I don’t see how that’s possible since I have less than 300 N/I and materials for 480 or so QQ. ;))

Didn’t really do much hunting outside the Canyon this year...got a few Ascended, got a few Ful’Mina...forgot how good that area is for replenishing Dumpling cheese.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 22, 2019 5:34 pm

fantasia wrote:I ALMOST hit 1,000,000 queso, but I'm back down to 810,000 as I had to craft a fair bit more cheese. Currently at 168 Queen Quesadas.

I'm at 1,028,086 Bland Queso, but I'm only at 156 Queen Quesadas.
I have 1 Wildfire and 20 Flamin' Queso, and just over 150 each of Mild, Medium and Hot. Most of those three "minor" cheeses have been crafted from spice leaves dropped as loot from the bosses, not from hunting with the same cheeses.

I'm running around a bit for fun at the moment - but I want to get back to Dawn at Fort Rox, and I have started a Mino run in the Labyrinth. I should position myself a bit better in both those places before the Spring Egg Hunt. I also should try to finally do some proper MBW hunting in WWRift.
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Stopped QQ hunting with 100 Wildfire left so I can save it for Easter (although I might go back and knock that down to 50 since I need to craft more Wildfire anyway)...current count of QQ is 337. I had hoped to be closer to 375 or so; my catch rate tanked after I lost the 50 luck from LNY. :p

I have 500k Bland and a bunch of Flamin; I will probably spend some time before Easter hunting with Hot to ensure that I have enough Flamin' to get me the last batch of Wildfire I need. I'm sort of banking on eggs from I/N to have the chance of containing Embers/Stones; if I'm wrong then obviously I will focus my attentions elsewhere.

Interestingly enough, I had planned on needing to do MASSIVE Bland farming to be able to craft the Flamin'/Wildfire I needed, but I underestimated how helpful Unstable Embers are. you need to average a return of 4k Bland per QQ to "replace" the cheese you spent and I didn't think I'd do that, but 1, double/triple ember drops were VERY helpful and 2, there are a lot more embers containing 5k or more Bland than I thought, and of course the ones with 25k or 50k average out the rest really nicely.

So tl;dr: I don't think I'll need to go Bland farming any time soon. ;))

ETA: Changed my mind; going to keep hunting QQ till tonight since I have a triple aura situation still active.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 23, 2019 2:57 am

I also hope they will make some nice eggs from the Queso Canyon region. I guess I should make sure to have more of the Flamin' and Wildfire cheeses before the SEH.

I thought that Queso Canyon was good for passive playing mostly when you were farming Bland, but as soon as you have enough of one type of cheese to last for many hours (a couple of days), you can play passive with any of the cheeses - there's nothing else you need to do until you run out of cheese.

The Unstable Embers are indeed helpful. Of course getting two or three of them with every QQ catch with candles was extra special - but I guess they will prove to be a steady supply of Bland even without candles. I also found the 3 bosses to be a steady supply of Hot and Flamin' spice leaves, so much so that I haven't hunted with Medium for weeks, and still had the Hot I needed to hunt with to fill up Flamin' regularly. I really like this area.
Varnafinde

Postby shastastwin » Feb 23, 2019 7:39 pm

I really like the area as well for just that reason, Varna. I'm not able to play actively most days now with my "new" job (no more office work ;)) ) so areas that don't need minding are really helpful. I'm hoping the new area(s) coming after event season are at least half so passive-friendly in their designs.

Also on a note of nice things from the QC area: I finally got the Most Wanted theme thanks to all the Fool's Gold from Nachous. I had enough to buy it twice over. :-o Now back to grinding through Queen Quesada, while keeping my stores up for Easter. I'm curious to see what the birthday event has in store. I wouldn't mind something that kept the style of the cupcake events or last year's time travel theme, as long as it can be done without lots of checking in and changing things.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Mar 02, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm trying to decide how to set up for the Egg Hunt this year. I'm ready to go in Queso Canyon, and that's the only new area from last year.
I think I have enough cheese to take on the new mice in the Lab and Mousoleum, though I should double check the Mousoleum to make sure I'm set up as well as I can be.
The other two mice to set up for are the Artillery Commander and Heart of the Meteor.
What else everybody?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext