This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Dec 20, 2018 8:41 am

Hello. Golems are at 9-7-7. I've unlocked all the decorations, and I'm working on collecting Shards for the base and Cookies for all the rest.

I added up how many of each cookie you need to get all the stuff, and this is what the number is:
70 Toboggan
85 Ornament
90 Nutcracker
140 Sugar

So that gives people an idea of what decoration they need to spend more time with.

I started charging my Golem trap a bit...I think they said it takes 500 hunts to get fully charged? I noticed I was missing a few mice with GPP/PP armed so I think I'll stick to charging while I'm using SB.

I've been sending two Golems to Prickly Planes/Canterra Quarry exclusively...with Exceptional Loot, I'm getting Stones/Embers with every Golem; sometimes multiples. Since I have a long term goal of Gold crowning QQ, I figure this will come in handy, lol. Plus plenty of Flamin' leaves so I can also get more drops during CNY.

My third Golem has been mainly going to MoPi for the FBF, but I'll switch it up for FRift, BWrift and Zokor sometimes.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby starkat » Dec 27, 2018 10:03 am

The New Years event has started! I don't have the base yet! WHAT DO I DO??? :((
starkat

Postby fantasia » Dec 29, 2018 10:43 am

I've found that two tournaments a day + nice maps = a constant stream of three golems going at all times. :D And I've had so much extra animated snow that I've been able to buy a few bells. The only downside to the tournaments is the New Years Eve mice aren't worth any points. That should be fixed with the MEGA tournaments starting tomorrow.

My golems are 10-11-11.

I've got everything except the 2019 Lucky Codex where I'm 28/90 cookies (almost a third of the way there). Still a week and a half to go. Plenty of time. :)

ETA: Forgot the 2019 Base, though I don't care too much about that. If I don't get it, no big deal, much more interested in the codex.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jan 01, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm working on the codex. Finally got all of the pieces of the trap and the base. Got the theme and the 2019 base. Working on the codex. Are the golem charms worth it?
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 03, 2019 9:48 am

No clue, Kat. They definitely help speed up the charging process, but I don't know how possible it is to get a TON from the GWH. I know you can buy them with King's Credits after the event so that's something.

12-11-11 here...got all the stuff. Just working on sending out as many Golems as I can. I've got a VERY healthy pile of QC supplies; I've had one Golem out to CQ/PP at all times, and the third Golem has been bouncing around QR, FRift, and MoPi mainly with a few visits to other locals to help balance out or boost some loot I already had. For instance, I had a ton of Lunaria petals but no Plumpearl, so two Golems to the Lost City has netted me a very nice pile of Lunaria cheese. I low-key want to work towards more Shattering Charms (with the far-off goal of bronzing the LG mega-bosses), so being able to get more essences definitely helps.

As far as QC goes...I have a long-term goal of getting the theme, which requires 500 QQ's. I'm planning to take all the Flamin' I've gotten during this event and convert it into Embers/Stones during CNY, which, once added to all the supplies I got during this event, will take a big chunk out of the number needed. Again, it's a VERY long-term goal, but hunting the bosses ain't bad for points or gold, so I'm ok with that, lol.

I've also been amassing a really nice pile of FRift stuff as that is a great place for gold/points and I'd like to get to Elder this year. 61% currently so with some steady work it shouldn't be too far off!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 12, 2019 7:01 am

I managed to get all the traps/skins and bases without much trouble.

Besides those, my goals for the 2018 GWH have been to gather materials (including ingredients for cheese) for getting crowns on several mice:

Queso Canyon: - silver Queen Quesada (but not gold, 21 catches so far), the 2 mini-bosses (I've caught 60 Inferna and 58 Nachous), and all the lesser mice in Cantera Quarry (2 silvers already, and 61-99 catches on the others)

Fungal Cavern: - bronze the Diamondhide (6 catches so far)

Moussu Picchu : - get more cheeses to use there - I've silvered Ful'Mina months ago, but I would like to bronze the Dragoon (3 catches so far). And catch even more Ful'Minas.

Fiery Warpath and Fort Rox: - get enough Portal Projectors to bronze the Artillery Commander (2 catches so far) and the Heart of the Meteor (1 catch so far)

GWH: - silver as many GWH event mice as possible (around 20 were unsilvered before the event)

Results as of 12 Jan 2019:

Queso Canyon : - got Bland Queso and Spice Leaves, and crafted as much cheese as possible, leaving less than 10 leaves of each kind.
I now have 33 558 Bland, 115 Mild, 117 Medium, 181 Hot, 66 Flamin', and 31 Wildfire. (Anyone interested in Treasure Maps?)

Fungal Cavern: - got lots of Minerals and a few Diamonds (and a whole lot of Gemstones, which will be useful later). I now have 5 pieces of Diamond cheese, which will not be enough for 4 catches of the Diamondhide (not when the two other mice may be attracted by this cheese and gobble it up).

Moussu Picchu: - got both Arcanevines and Shadowvines and actual Dragonvine cheese. There's no telling what it will take to bronze the Dragoon, though.

Fiery Warpath and Fort Rox: - Golems have collected a Warpath Portal Core and a Console, and also Tower Mana, Dragonbane Charms and other items that have been worth selling. (I even had a fair amount of gold at the beginning of the event.)
Then I've sold some trap skins - some old ones and some that I've bought with Advent Chocolate or dollars - so I've bought more cores and consoles of both types.
I'm around 10 mil gold at the moment. I'm able to bronze the Artillery Commander, and I only need 2 more portals to bronze the Heart of the Meteor (but I need to farm a few hundred Dawn Dust first).

GWH: - Most of my GWH event mice without silver were of the Winter Sports kind. I decorated with Sports and got several of them, and only have 10 left to silver now (including the two new ones). A good way to target specific mice.

So it's been quite a successful event :-)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jan 14, 2019 9:31 am

I wish I had kept as close track of my loot as you had Varna. I was telling Kat I wish the system published all of the loot obtained from the golems during the event. That'd be really interesting to see.

All I know is that I have 31 Wildfire Queso and 84 Flamin Queso. I haven't worked backwards from there, but I think I'm in pretty good shape for the egg hunt. :P ;)

Probably the single best drop I got was an Enigmatic Core from Zokor. I'll need to see if any of my friends still need this trap and if not, I'll sell it.

Just sent out my very last golem. I have a ton of cheese and charms set aside for next year. It was a very good event.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Not really close track of my loot - I also would find it interesting to see published what I had actually got. My Queso numbers are what I actually had on 12 January, not the numbers of leaves and Bland cheese that I've crafted them from.
Even with the silvering I intend to do, there is likely to be Queso left over for the egg hunt :)

No Enigmatic Core for me, but then I've hardly sent any golems to Zokor. I got the trap last year some time.

I've done quite a bit of silvering the event mice, I guess around ten silvers? They have taken quite a bit of event cheese that I'll probably miss next year, but I'll get a little more from now and until the event ends. Hopefully around a hundred, although I doubt it.

I'll see tomorrow how far I've got with the golems, but now there is one more week to send them out (with only the Sculptor left as the only event mouse). So I can still get a few more thousand Bland Queso.

I've got about four thousand snowball charms, one or two thousand are from this event. They are not as useful as some of the other charms, though. But I've farmed Winter charms over the last couple of days, so that should give a good start next year.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

I foresee a LOT of Bland farming in my future, since if I ONLY crafted the Flamin' and Wildfire leaves that I CURRENTLY have available, I'd need over 5.5k Bland just for that. I'm not even looking at the thousands of Hot leaves I have. ;)) Good thing, I got a decent amount of Queso Pump Charms and Wild Tonic, so we'll just be working on that. Now that I think about it, though, I might send a few of my remaining Golems to Queso River to help make a tiny dent in that.

I also have an absurd amount of FRift tolkens/heirlooms, so I am decidedly set in that area for awhile. I also sent a bunch of Golems to MoPi so I've been getting a nice stream of FBF and Dragonvine.

Currently my plan before LNY is to craft a whole mess of Flamin' so I can hunt for Stones/Embers with the double loot candles. So I'll probably hunt with Hot for awhile until I can craft at least 300 Flamin'? Possibly more if I can. I'm not too set on using double loot on QQ, although doubling Ember stones is nice. It's just that my main objective is to catch as many QQ's as possible, so doubling Stones/Embers as opposed to leaf/Bland is going to get me further in that regard.

Sooo we shall see. But that's my plan, anyway, haha!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby daughter of the King » Jan 15, 2019 12:52 pm

I didn't really keep track of loot from the event, but I know I upped the amount of Bland Queso I have so that will be helpful.

I guess I haven't bought anything in awhile because I have nearly 50 million gold. I figured now might be a good time to get that third predatory processor and buy the School of Sharks trap since I'll still have plenty of gold afterward. Then it's back to the Labyrinth and alternating between there, Fort Rox, and Queso Canyon depending on how bored I get. Oh, and I guess I might as well make some progress in the rift at some point. I still have all three Grand Duchess adventures to complete.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby starkat » Jan 16, 2019 2:12 pm

I focused on getting Bland Queso, Mossu Pichu, other Queso Canyon areas, and the Bristle Woods Rift.

When is the best time to go after the timesplit rune?
starkat

Postby fantasia » Jan 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Gymmie wrote:Currently my plan before LNY is to craft a whole mess of Flamin' so I can hunt for Stones/Embers with the double loot candles.
That's a good idea, although the goal of getting a Gold Crown on QQ is such a far away goal that it's not one I'm really focusing on too much. It's more of a side bonus from hunting in the area for treasure maps. *shrugs*

Dot wrote:I figured now might be a good time to get that third predatory processor and buy the School of Sharks trap since I'll still have plenty of gold afterward.
If you got the trap from the event and unlocked all of the skins, the Hydro and Arcane skins are on par with the top level traps currently in the game. Of course, if you still need both of them, than the SOS trap might still be worth it and the Golem trap can be armed with the Arcane skin, otherwise, you could save your money for one of those pesky hard-to-get traps... like the Temporal Turbine for example. :P

Kat wrote:When is the best time to go after the timesplit rune?

I don't quite understand your question Kat. As in, to get the Timesplit Dissonance trap? It's been a very long time since I've heard a single thing about the next permanent area in the game, but I know it's NOT going to be a Rift area.
Dave has mentioned in FBF more than once that they're hoping to get a new very high level area out, and that area will incorporate almost all of the top level traps: Physical, Tactical, Hydro, Forgotten, Shadow, and Arcane. Don't know about Draconic or Law, but I don't think Rift is going to make an appearance. So if it were up to me, I'd focus on those other areas first to get the traps checked off the list.
*looks at your profile* Looks like you're in pretty good shape in those areas already, so yeah. Go get that Rift trap then!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 16, 2019 9:41 pm

I mainly want that gold crown for the QQ so I can get the QC theme and have a complete collection. ;)) It is so frustrating to FINALLY have the Relic Hunter theme and STILL not be complete due to that one missing!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am

Speaking of LNY, that is coming up fast and I JUST pulled out my spreadsheet of mice that I want to target...I have a little bit of work to do in order to be ready.

Ascended Elder - Just crafted a few more batches so now I have 15 pieces; enough for a nice healthy run.
Flamin' (for QC bosses) - Got lots of crafting supplies but I am going to need a LOT more Bland; I'll basically be farming Bland for the rest of my life lol
Shattering Charm(s) - Realized that I'm very close to one Charm and might have enough Lunaria to get a second, so I'm going to go ahead and hunt for those now...I remember last year I doubled/tripled the loot from a boss and it helped me craft extra Ultimates...not that I'm super into Ultimates but it never hurts. Either way, I'd like to have them ready. If I don't use them for LNY, they'll be ready for Easter.
Absolute Acolyte - Not at all ready.
Minotaur - Not ready; might not bother...
Warmonger - In W3; might just use a Strike and get into W4 and be done with it
Eclipse - Got two pieces of T8
MBW - Still at 50/50/50 from last year...a decent amount of cheese, low on Tauntings but with the double/triple loot I should be able to get recoup a few.
Ful'Mina - Restocked on FBF thanks to GWH so I'm ready to go there
Ful'Mina's Gift (Lightning Chest) - Got 3 so I'm set for the duration of the event!

What else am I missing, folks?
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
Kat wrote:When is the best time to go after the timesplit rune?

I don't quite understand your question Kat. As in, to get the Timesplit Dissonance trap? It's been a very long time since I've heard a single thing about the next permanent area in the game, but I know it's NOT going to be a Rift area.
Dave has mentioned in FBF more than once that they're hoping to get a new very high level area out, and that area will incorporate almost all of the top level traps: Physical, Tactical, Hydro, Forgotten, Shadow, and Arcane. Don't know about Draconic or Law, but I don't think Rift is going to make an appearance. So if it were up to me, I'd focus on those other areas first to get the traps checked off the list.
*looks at your profile* Looks like you're in pretty good shape in those areas already, so yeah. Go get that Rift trap then!

Is the rune easier to get with a charm armed? Or is there a difference? When do you arm the charm?
starkat

Postby fantasia » Feb 05, 2019 10:47 am

I don't have an answer to your question Kat, other than to say always, ALWAYS have your quantum quartz activated. Sometimes the AA will drop a rune outside of the box, and then you'll get two for the price of one. ;)

FINALLY something is happening in the game. ;)) Hooray for the CNY event starting. I'm hanging out in Queso Canyon for now, trying to snag the masked mice.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext