This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dream Cast: Daughters of Eve

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Dream Cast: Daughters of Eve

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 12, 2018 9:49 am

With the recent news that Netflix has the rights to all 7 books, it seems like a good time to put together a dream cast. This thread is for discussing suggestions for actresses to play Daughters of Eve.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: Dream Cast: Daughters of Eve

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 27, 2018 11:20 am

We've been talking about who should play King Frank over in the Sons of Adam thread, and the other day I was scrolling through a list of British actors and ran across a face that I could picture as Queen Helen: Kate Bracken.

Speaking of The Magician's Nephew, any thoughts for Polly Plummer? I can imagine this girl as Polly; she's playing Mary Lennox in a new adaptation of The Secret Garden, apparently. She's already 13, though, and I worry that she might be too old before they start filming (and that's assuming they begin with MN).
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby hiraeth » Dec 19, 2018 8:30 pm

I’ve never seen that actress before, but she seems like she might be a good choice.

Another suggestion I have-though I’m not sure which character she would play-is Oona Laurence. She’s a pretty great actress, and she has experience playing with a British accent. (Though accents aren’t a huge deal for me)
hiraeth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PrinceRillianIX » Dec 19, 2018 9:56 pm

I would personally cast Rafe Spall and Olivia Llewellyn as King Frank I and Queen Helen I, they're both a good age and would look great in both the Victorian setting and in the Narnian setting, as the new King and Queen.

Here are some pictures of both actors in other roles:

https://www.sho.com/site/image-bin/images/1003223_0_0/1003223_0_0_c-22457_1024x640.jpg

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/rafe-spall-black-mirror-white-christmas.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
PrinceRillianIX
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PrinceRillianIX » Jan 02, 2019 11:53 am

I should slow down with these casting suggestions, but I've been rewatching Penny Dreadful and have found two actresses who could play Letitia Ketterley and her housemaid Sarah from The Magician's Nephew.

So, I think Letitia Ketterley should be played by Helen McCrory. She is most known for playing Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter. Here is an image from Penny Dreadful that I think really shows what Digory's aunt could look like in the new Netflix series: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/penny-dreadful-helen-mccrory-simon-russell-beale.jpg

P.S: I also think Helen McCrory would be the greatest actress to try and stand up to Jadis, when she arrives in London.

Another actress from Penny Dreadful, who I think could play the role of Sarah, is Tamsin Topolski. She has starred in Into the Badlands and has voiced for video games, such as Horizon Zero Dawn. Here is an image of what Letitia's housemaid could look like in the new Netflix series: https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fvYwev3f--/c_fill,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_center,h_675,q_80,w_1200/1288448024375658382.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I also posted some suggestions for Frank and Helen above.
PrinceRillianIX
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jan 03, 2019 11:12 am

I don't watch very many movies and TV shows so I can't comment on most of the suggestions posted here. I don't want to pick actresses simply based on looks. I want to know they can act.

I recently saw Mary Poppins Returns. I definitely want Pixie Davies (Anabel) cast as one of the children in Narnia. She is able to handle being serious and grown up and as well as being childlike. I think she would be amazing as Susan, but I would like her as Jill or Polly as well. I'm not sure which book Netflix is starting with. She is technically too old for Polly or Jill but if she still looks as she did in Mary Poppins Returns and they start filming very quickly, she could pull it off.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Adeona » Jan 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Rose, Dixie does look like a possible Polly, or perhaps Jill.

PrinceRilianIX I do like the look of Rafe for Frank, he seems about the right age and looks serious and down-to-earth. Olivia might be a little too striking for Helen though - I've always pictured her as very normal-looking.

Twigs I could see Pixie Davies as Jill, though I haven't watched the new Mary Poppins so I can't say anything about her acting ability.

My own suggestion is Bronte Charmichael (who played Madeline Robin in Disney's Christopher Robin). She is also about 12 and I initially thought she'd be a good pick for Lucy, since she came across as young and innocent in the movie. However she'd probably do a great job as Susan (she reflected a responsible and mature side in the role as well). Especially given her age and that it'll be at least a number of months before filming starts. She is a British actress, which helps with the whole accent question.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby PrinceRillianIX » Jan 08, 2019 8:59 am

Adeona wrote:PrinceRilianIX I do like the look of Rafe for Frank, he seems about the right age and looks serious and down-to-earth. Olivia might be a little too striking for Helen though - I've always pictured her as very normal-looking.

Thank you Adeona, I wonder what you think of my suggestions for Letitia Ketterley and Sarah?
PrinceRillianIX
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jan 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Adeona wrote:Rose, Dixie does look like a possible Polly, or perhaps Jill.

Twigs I could see Pixie Davies as Jill, though I haven't watched the new Mary Poppins so I can't say anything about her acting ability.

I did like Pixie in MPR, so I hope Netflix will snap her up for Polly or Jill!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby JFG II » May 30, 2019 10:38 am

Dream Cast: Daughters of Eve!

Haven’t the foggiest. Sorry.

Still... just as long as the new actresses (when they are first cast) are of similar ages as suggested by C.S. Lewis’s Narnia timeline, I’m not too worried (yet) who might be cast.

I don’t want the kids to outgrow their roles like in the movies. On television, it’s more likely they might be too young by the time the series wraps up. Still... without further delay:

Polly (MN): 11-13 years old

Susan (LWW): 12-14 years old

Lucy (LWW): 8-10 years old

Aravis (HHB): 13-15 years old

Jill (SC): 9-11 years old
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular