Nymphs, Naiads, and Dryads?

Dressing up Narnia-style! Visit the Wardrobe Door.

Moderator: Meltintalle

Nymphs, Naiads, and Dryads?

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Assuming that nymphs in Narnia are real people instead of special effects in the new adaptation, what should dryad and naiad clothing look like?

I love the idea of drawing a lot of inspiration from ancient Greek design. Check out these styles of dresses here and here... there is so much variety among those silhouettes and I think that would work so well with all of the different types of trees and watery dominions.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Re: Nymphs, Naiads, and Dryads?

Postby fantasia_kitty » Nov 11, 2018 1:07 pm

I think I'm the only person in the world who liked the dryads in LWW and PC. ;)) That aside, I like the idea of their garments being made of the elements where they dwell. Dryads being very tree-like with leaves and maybe bark looking dresses? Or at the very least, very earthen tones and colors. Didn't Jill describe one looking like she was walking through dirt or something like that? I don't have the book on hand to double check.
Same deal for naiads, probably a really wet look would be appropriate with lilies or seaweed dresses? Something like this, but obviously a bit more decent. ;)
fantasia_kitty
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin