Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Postby Monty Jose » Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm

The cabbie shouldn't be too old, I think. Keep in mind he and Helen had many children after arriving to Narnia and I'm guessing none before, since Aslan didn't summon them. I like the idea of Taron Egerton, but you're right, Rose-Tree, that he might be a bit too young-looking. By the sound of Lewis's description, I would say he had been a cabbie for many, many years. Perhaps somebody like Ewan McGregor?
https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/
Monty Jose
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Postby Anfinwen » Oct 23, 2018 4:52 am

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Taron Egerton is a possibility; I can picture his face belonging to a cabbie or a king. Apparently he sings, so that's also in his favor. He's younger than I imagined the cabbie, though; only 28. I always pictured King Frank as having a few lines on his face.

Monty Jose wrote:The cabbie shouldn't be too old, I think. Keep in mind he and Helen had many children after arriving to Narnia and I'm guessing none before, since Aslan didn't summon them.

This is why it's going to be a hard casting choice! I picture him older, but he couldn't have been very old at all. He would be aged from being out in all weather and squinting in the sun etc. I haven't seen many young actors with rugged features that aren't too pretty. I guess makeup and what not can fix that, but they may just have to cast an older actor and imply he's younger. Casting a young Helen would help with that.
Taron Egerton actually looks really good though.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous