This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Aug 11, 2018 9:47 am

I too have got my trap...took a break during Ronza to work on Chrome maps...I think I completed about eight. ;)) so I’m nicely set for some expendable auras whenever I like!

I’m working on a batch of Wildfire for a map that I’m on...that ought to mostly set me up with supplies for the future, so I may head out after that and go back to FRift for a bit. I was able to get a LOT of Super Enerchi Charms thanks to all those leftover battery fragments. Not that I exactly need Enerchi; I’m swimming in it lol. But I want to get a very nice stash of FRift cheese for Event season.

I also want to head back into MoPi and start farming Teeth...I need to replenish my baitkeep supply and I’d like to have some Lightning Auras around for later on. I’m currently farming supplies so I have a bit to go.

And, of course, the new map season starts soon! ;)) So plenty to keep one busy!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 13, 2018 7:23 pm

I've finally reached Pump Level 10 - next I suppose is Wildfire for the Queen so I can get what she drops for the trap.
I'm almost out of Queso cheeses, but farming and crafting new ones should be even easier now!
And I have silvered some of the River ans Plains mice :)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Sep 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Is this a new record for longest this thread has gone without being posted in? :P Well, I've only done two maps since the update went through: one scavenger (which I didn't care for, except for 6 people instead of 5) and one relic hunter. Just finished the latter and got the Furoma Base. Very nice! I highly recommend that everyone make an effort to get it. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

We're on a map at the moment. We're hung up on the tritus and the Iceburg, but can I just say I LOVE the ultimate iceberg base? It was beyond worth it. I make a run in about half the time I used to.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 11, 2018 7:39 am

I think part of the quiet on this thread is due to the fact that I was on vacation for two weeks. ;)) Or maybe I overestimate my ability to talk endlessly about MH? ;)

Still getting back into the groove after getting home, but I've been doing Relic Hunter map. I did one Scavenger map...it's fun, but also annoying, haha. But I think it will be better to do now that I'm home and hopefully people will come out with little aids that will make them even easier to complete.

Currently wondering if anyone wants to lend me 60m gold so I can buy a Map Dust kit with 40 dust in it off the MP. ;))
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Sep 16, 2018 9:37 am

Less than 1% to go to Elder!!! B-)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Sep 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Got to Elder today, Huzzah! :D And it appears that you level at a noticeable level as I'm almost to .1% already. ;)) :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Oct 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Just to switch things up, I am currently hanging out in the Toxic Spill farming Soapy Suds. I probably wouldn't have done this except I didn't want to risk missing the Menace Mouse for our treasure map. ;))

By the way, what's up with the horrid string of daily gifts? Small Power Charm, Gnarled Potion, something else boring, repeat! :p
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 09, 2018 10:54 am

I got my last Relic Hunter theme scrap and the Furoma base from the same map awhile back, so I'm officially "done" with Relic Hunter maps (in terms of needing stuff from them).

I'm currently working on setting up a few mice for Halloween; mainly making sure that I have a couple bosses available for easy picking later on.

I also want to do some more Lightning maps so I can recoup all the Baitkeep I spent in Queso Canyon, lol. Also the aura is nice!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm done with the Relic hunter maps as well. Not sure what order I want to do what in to prep for holidays and easter. I'm going to try and finish up in the Queso Canyon at the moment I guess.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Oct 12, 2018 2:19 pm

I've got one of the new Bases and one of the two scraps I've been missing for a few years - so I'm still doing RH maps, at least until the Halloween event.

Today I decided I could have a look at the Marketplace to see if anyone was interested in buying some of the charms I don't use much. They were, and I also found people buying skins.
4 skins gave me 29 mil gold :-o - charms etc. gave me almost 12 mil gold. This far more than doubled my gold reserves B-) But as I still need to buy the Timesplit Diss. W., I'm going to need it ...

I don't know what I ought to be doing to prepare for Halloween. I'll probably just see what happens. I think if all else fails, I can hunt Ful'mina.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Oct 20, 2018 7:47 am

It's kind of funny how you become really, really busy in real life, and then what you're focused on in real life shoves everything else in your brain out of the way. ;)) I had no memory whatsoever of how to do this Halloween event from last year. It's slowly coming back, but only last night did I realize that the points off the haunted ships correlate to the points of the mouse you catch. Oops. Could have had all three ships downed by now. Ah well, just about done with the first one in Queso Canyon and then I'll go take out some rift ships as I'm much better stocked with high point cheeses there.

Also appreciating the fact that I can double up on maps now. That's very nice. :)

Oh, I got my Black Widow Base yesterday. Still need two Relic Hunter theme scraps though. I've seen a couple of you have that theme now so congrats to all of you who do! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Oct 23, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm admittedly having a tough time with this event, oddly enough. I guess due to being distracted I always have the wrong setup or in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc etc.
I've downed seven ships so far (pathetic, I know) thanks to the FRift mice, but due to a lack of Admiral Arrrg attraction, I've finally moved to the Mountain so I can destroy more ships at a rapid pace and at least catch the guy.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I still need one relic hunter theme scrap and the furoma base. But after that I am definitely going to be done with relic hunter maps for awhile. :p

I'm going through the Halloween event sloooowly. I initially forgot about higher level mice taking down the ships faster and was a bit puzzled at how long it was taking. So I'm a bit behind, but catching up.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Oct 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Ok, lets see, I've snagged Admiral Arrrg. I finished up the Halloween treasure map (probably not worth it :P ), caught most of the new mice in the lab and started after Mousevina in the Mousoleum when Rya snagged her for our map so I left and went elsewhere. Anyone else find it odd that they automatically filled in the journal for us? :-\

Anyways, I'm currently farming a small stockpile of Lockbox cheese for tomorrow's tournament and then I'm going to focus on crowning the Cobweb mouse since I'm super close to a silver crown for him, catching the Mutated Mole mouse, and catching Mousevina just to say I've officially finished the new adventure. :P ;) (I see Brain Charms are now obsolete.)

And after that I'll probably just farm supplies for the Rift areas and maybe Queso Canyon.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Oct 29, 2018 8:15 am

I think I've checked all of the boxes on the Halloween event itself. I've even managed to bronze Admiral Arrrg, along with a couple other mice I hadn't crowned yet, which I wasn't expecting to do. ;))
I will probably spend the rest of the event focusing on the ghost ships in the Queso Canyon region to build up supplies there, but I also need to get a stash of that new Vampire cheese (don't remember the name) as Mousevina is likely to show up as an egg this Easter.
Things to work on while trying to join the lucky few who have completed their Relic Hunter theme. :)

Also, so you all don't waste your time like I did, the Mutated Mole mouse is attracted to Limelight cheese in the Laboratory. I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all...maybe if you do the adventure in the adventure book it makes more sense?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext