This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby GreatLionAslan » Jul 30, 2018 7:04 am

hi everyone my name is matthew and i am obsessed with narnia. i read all the books frequently because they're so ritch and just plane greate books! i love playing my 2 PC games. Eurofly which is a blind flight simulater. oh did i forget to tell you that i can't see anything? Oh right i am blind. i use a screen reader to do everything on my phone and computer. Ok that stuff is borring! Lets get back to my awesome games i play. If you want to learn more about Eurofly, just google...
Eurofly Blind plane Simulater.

Now for the second game i play. this game is called alter aeon. It is a rpg mud. A mud is a text bassed game. That means their is no pictures. Only words and you have to read to know what going around you in the game. Also this game is free. Learn more about Alter Aeon and come play it at

http://www.alteraeon.com

I also like the out doors. I row. I work at a grocery store throwing things in bags. oops... I mean i sack the groceries. Well, that's all for now. come find me on alter aeon if you want to talk or i'll be in the chat.
GreatLionAslan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Jul 30, 2018 9:04 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Matthew/GreatLionAslan (nice username)! :-h You're sure in the right place, given that you're obsessed with Narnia. :D
And that's great you have found a place (alter aeon) that has such helpful support.
How do you like throwing things in bags at the grocery store? ;)) I chuckled at your humorous description. Seriously, I hope it's a positive environment and an encouraging atmosphere.
:)
johobbit

Postby GreatLionAslan » Jul 31, 2018 6:58 am

okay if you want to play Alter Aeon, i will post a some articals in the gameing and blog topic. I have 6 characters on there the names are below.

Trumpkin the cleric

Maugrim the mage

Aslan the druid

Miraz the necromancer

Caspian the thief

sopespian the warrior.
GreatLionAslan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Jul 31, 2018 10:18 am

Actually, I'm not a gamer ;)) but enjoy, and yes, do post in the Gaming topic when you are able. :)
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 31, 2018 4:09 pm

A hearty welcome to you, GreatLionAslan! It's great to have you here. :-h

It's so neat that you play a blind flight simulator! My brother is into flight simulators, but I have never heard of Eurofly before. Very cool!

If you have any questions about the forum, just ask. I hope you enjoy exploring all of the discussions! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby GreatLionAslan » Aug 01, 2018 8:19 am

how do you subscribe to a topic?
GreatLionAslan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 01, 2018 9:22 am

GreatLionAslan wrote:how do you subscribe to a topic?

Near the bottom of the page on each thread, there is a link that says "Subscribe topic." Click this link and you'll be automatically subscribed to that topic. :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby SSBN_Dawn_Treader » Sep 28, 2018 12:39 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Antoine, 25, from Belgium, and I've recently dived back into the Narnia fandom ; I used to really love it when I was a teenager, then sort of forgot about it, but a couple weeks ago I was at my parents' house and found my Narnia books and... well, let's say that I disappeared for 2 days which I spend reading all of the 7 books in a row.

So, I'd like to discuss the stories and their universe with you guys, as back then I didn't know anyone else that liked the Chronicles of Narnia and hadn't anyone to talk about it.

Apart from that (and other fantasy book series such as William Nicholson's Wind of Fire trilogy and Erik L'Homme's Le Livre des Etoiles trilogy... but I don't think the latter has been translated in English), I love travels, strategy wargames (both video and tabletop), and making models (both tabletop game miniatures and floating sailboats).

I hope we'll have lots of great things to talk about, see you soon on the forum!
SSBN_Dawn_Treader
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, SSBN_Dawn_Treader! :-h Your username is neat; I like trying to imagine what the Dawn Treader would look like if it were a nuclear-powered submarine. ;)) It's awesome to hear that you've rediscovered the Narnia books, and found this community, too! We're glad to have you here.

Looks like you've already discovered a lot of the discussion threads here on the forum, but if you like podcasts, you should also check out Talking Beasts! It's NarniaWeb's podcast and I bet you'd enjoy the book commentary episodes; Glumpuddle and Rilian are currently going through The Horse and His Boy.

Let us know if you have any questions about anything! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Sep 29, 2018 10:16 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, SSBN_Dawn_Treader! ! Glad you've found us. :D
And I love your rediscovering Narnia story. That is awesome!
johobbit

Postby Monty Jose » Oct 03, 2018 12:25 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Monty Jose or just call me Monty
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Coffee House shift lead
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Stumbled across it sometime around the promotion of Prince Caspian, either by finding the podcast on iTunes or a trailer linked here. I can't remember which XD
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I started really young, but decided to wait because Jadis freaked me out in the Magician's Nephew. So somewhere around 10.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: at least 7 times each. That's a pretty appropriate number I think.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Definitely The Magician's Nephew.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Artist, writer, and I love a good laugh.

I've followed the podcast for years. I thought about joining NarniaWeb for years. Now that Narnia is coming to Netflix, I decided to commit XD after years of limbo following VDT, there will be some real filmmaking discussion! :ymapplause:
https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/
Monty Jose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Oct 03, 2018 12:41 pm

So glad you have made the decision to join the forum, Monty! :D I quite chuckled at your "Jadis freaked me out in TMN" line, because I am certain you are not the only one who felt this way. ;)) She's scary stuff for a wee one!

Enjoy browsing and posting around the forum!
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 04, 2018 10:04 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Jose Monty! :-h Glad you decided to join us after longtime lurking... as a former longtime lurker, finally signing up for the forum is a decision I've never regretted! ;)) And it looks like it's a good time to be a fan of The Magician's Nephew, since there's a decent chance that Netflix will kick off its Narnia projects with that story. :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Have fun exploring all of the discussions! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Monty Jose » Oct 04, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks, Rose-Tree! I never thought of myself as a lurker, but I think that’s a fair conclusion XD
https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/
Monty Jose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Oct 21, 2018 3:16 am

Hi, everyone. It's Warrior 4 Jesus. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was a member here for many years. I've been away for awhile, though. Maybe, 5 years. I'm not sure. I recently got sucked into listening to the Talking Beasts podcast. It's good to be back.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby fantasia » Oct 21, 2018 5:25 am

Hello Warrior, good to see you again. :) Of course I remember you, and I see you around FB a lot as we have many mutual friends. Welcome back!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext